Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why be a woman?

Makeup addict!

Why be a woman?

I really don't understand why we like to become women. I can understand that our love of women's clothes may motivate us to wear them, but I don't understand the motive behind becoming a woman. I'm a man, I identify as such, I have no desire to live as a girl in the slightest, and yet I want to put on makeup and a wig and become Katie. Why would we want to become women? I don't understand my desire to crossdress at all. It's something about me I really want to figure out

when you do let the rest of us know

Nice question ,with me i only want to be a woman because i find it quit repugnant and disgusting being born a man,such is life.

Gold Member
    I like women; I think there real neat. So I like dressing as one ton try to put myself
    in their shoes as it where. I find that dressing relaxes me, I find that dressing makes
    me feel a little like a girl, witch I would give anything thing to experience one time.
    I bet there is a thousand reasons for dressing, and no 2 are alike.
    These are just a few of mine.
    Rader

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This is really easy. I'm not trying to be anything that I'm already not. The feminine part of me has always been there. All I'm doing is letting her be herself.

tina

Silver Member
    Some people crossdress because they like the feminine cloths.
    Some people crossdress because it is a fantasy or a fetish.
    Some people crossdress because it's a way to experience a feminine side to balance out their overly masculine day-to-day self.
    Some people "crossdress" because they identify as somewhere between male and female.
    Some people "crossdress" because they are repressing their true female gender and dressing up is currently their only outlet for their true self.
    Some people crossdress for other reasons entirely.

You have to figure out why you do it for yourself. It may be something simple, it may because you have this whole different identity that you've been hiding from your entire life. Whatever it is, you have to learn to be honest with yourself and accept who you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post
    I really don't understand why we like to become women. I can understand that our love of women's clothes may motivate us to wear them,
    for me it's not the clothes at all any more. Its the feeling of being feminine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

according to my wife, clients, and half of my co-workers- men are pigs. Partly true- women and girls can be nasty too- but consider an event i saw last year- slight rear end - two nice cars- the women got out- both 35-45, professional casual dressed- workday. they went to look at the damage, they said hello first- they were more concerned with greeting than immediately looking at the problem- makes sense- damage already done, but they would be having to deal with each other now for a bit, so they say hello first. Evidently it was not much damage at all, less than the deductable to buff out- in 10-25 seconds they agreed it was not worth a claim or anything- they hugged briefly- and drove off.

This is what attracts me to femininity- there's a sorority there. No- i don't think men are all bad- some of the thing they do are necessary- i'd just prefer to be on the prettier side.

Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    ditto.......................................
    paula

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    Yup. This is by far the most common question here, bar none.

Unfortunately there is no answer. Find what works for you if you like, but for most, searching for an answer is an exercise in futility. Why not just enjoy it?

S

I have no answer either. I just know the world is right when I'm enfemme.

Quote Originally Posted by thechic View Post
    Nice question ,with me i only want to be a woman because i find it quit repugnant and disgusting being born a man,such is life.
    I'll second that! Men suck!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    I'll second that! Men suck!
    No.... men are awesome... as long as their not douche-bag ***holes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    No.... men are awesome... as long as their not douche-bag ***holes :P
    So as long as they are not men, then?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Let me ask U this question, Katie. How could u NOT want to become a woman?

After trying on; panties, some tite foundation wear, forms, nylons, heels, wig, a cute dress, putting on your face, looking in the mirror, and SEEING A SEXY, ATTRACTIVE FEMALE STANDING THERE!

How can u NOT want to become a woman if u can look and feel like one!?

If u can answer MY question, I think that'll answer yours, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    So as long as they are not men, then?
    You're stereotyping

I've dated plenty of good men. My current man, who I've been with for a year, is the one I will spend the rest of my life with.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Let me ask U this question, Katie. How could u NOT want to become a woman?

After trying on; panties, some tite foundation wear, forms, nylons, heels, wig, a cute dress, putting on your face, looking in the mirror, and SEEING A SEXY, ATTRACTIVE FEMALE STANDING THERE!

How can u NOT want to become a woman if u can look and feel like one!?

If u can answer MY question, I think that'll answer yours, too!
    Being a woman isn't about wearing panties, nylons and heels...

Hi Katie

Maybe the answer for you is in your thread posting "I'm a man, I identify as such". I wish those words were so easy for me to speak but they are not.

As a man and if you sexually desire women is this desire not about movement toward the opposite sex? The desire for two to become one ? To possess and be possessed by a woman ?

I have noticed there is an element of worship for women by men when I read many of the threads here, under these circumstances it seems natural to turn ones body into an altar as a symbolic statement of what is adored. For many I think they are paying homage to the female sex when they dress, a way of honoring by emulating. This combined with sexual desire makes for a potent cocktail because than ones own body becomes a eroticized altar.

I wonder sometimes if the same forces that shape our sexuality also shape our reasons or need to crossdress. Beauty inflames the males sexual desire but for others the desire to be beautiful as a woman is because they feel ugly as a man even if as a man they are thought to be beautiful
    (handsome), the body becomes a prison that prevents the expression of ones essence.

For me I do not think of women as a group being morally superior or inferior to men as a group because I would than fear the danger of adding to the misandry and misogyny so prevalent in the world.

I crossdress because it has never felt natural being a man and so I rebel against what the fates and the world has tried to make me be.

For me it is a form of escape, but its not that simple otherwise I could have picked another activity. I found out what it means to me by trying it and letting my female version out sometimes and learning to just accept it and enjoy it.
    Chickie

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    It's just different for some of us. I have no desire to transition, but I can understnad those who do and it's just part of who they are and how they see themselves.

I believe [almost] everything has a grey area or a sliding scale to it.
    In thinking about the OP's question I came up with the [over simplified] diagram below.

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it."
    Dr Emmet Brown

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 02-12-2012 at 02:42 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

It's true this kind of question comes up frequently. Sometimes not so tactful as this, we occasionally get "who the hell do you men think you are?"

I'm with Tina on this one: I can see now that Rachel has always been a part of my personality. Dressing up and being Rachel with my wife gives me such a feeling of relief, of warmth, of affirmation. Society can't cope with things that don't fit into neat categories, so many of us have spent decades repressing whole chunks of ourselves.

But don't ask for "the" reason men dress as women. You might as well point at all the people walking down the left side of a street and say, they're all exhibiting the same behaviour, there must be one common reason they're doing it.

Unless there are roadworks on the other side.
    Last edited by Rachel Flowers; 02-12-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    hugs for everyone!
    Rachel x

I prefer female values - loving, nurturing, taking care, as opposed to male values - dominating, destroying, generally being an idiot; no contest really.
    L’imagination au pouvoir!

Aspiring Member
    As has already been said, everyone is different. I love skirts and dresses and everything that makes me look good in them - but I hate wigs and make up. When I go out (usually with the wig and make-up) I am on stage. I don't imagine I am a woman, but I ACT as one, and lots of people love acting, again for a range of reasons. I love getting feedback on my outfits and how I have put my look together - but all the women who give me this feedback know I am a man. I actually have three levels - wearing a skirt as a man (often in public), wearing women's clothes (at home - with added bust - most of the time) and dressed and acting completely as a woman in public. At all stages I think of myself as a man - I am a gender tourist, and I like being a man.

Banned Read only
    Why I decided to be a woman in my life? It's because I realized that I shouldn't be born as a man. I felt being born in the wrong body. It's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Some people crossdress because they like the feminine cloths.
    Some people crossdress because it is a fantasy or a fetish.
    Some people crossdress because it's a way to experience a feminine side to balance out their overly masculine day-to-day self.
    Some people "crossdress" because they identify as somewhere between male and female.
    Some people "crossdress" because they are repressing their true female gender and dressing up is currently their only outlet for their true self.
    Some people crossdress for other reasons entirely.

You have to figure out why you do it for yourself. It may be something simple, it may because you have this whole different identity that you've been hiding from your entire life. Whatever it is, you have to learn to be honest with yourself and accept who you really are.
    I wholeheartedly agree