Thread: One bad apple (a work tale)

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

One bad apple (a work tale)

As I've mentioned here My dressing is known of by my work colleagues,Its treated with differing degrees of indifference or interest by them,but never with any negative feeling,and it's never caused me one bit of bother,well until now,one guy got his hands on pics of me dressed and felt the need to show as many ppl them as he could.No doubt he was expecting me to become a laughing stock but apart from a cpl of guys having a laugh (part of his clique) he was told to sling his hook.Of course the coward waited till I was on holiday to do this.

I'm not at all fazed by this guy and his antics I was only concerned that other ppl may change towards me.I needn't have worried a lot have came up to me and told.me to rise above it and others telling.me I'm doing no harm and my close friends have rallied behind me.If this guy thought his popularity would rise at my expense,then he was mistaken what it has done has reinforced my belief that people are decent And it has made no difference to how I am treated by my colleagues and friends

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I think this guy is only hurting himself. People who see how ignorant he is will distance themselves from him.
    They don't want to be associated with that type of person.
    I think, in the end, it will bring you closer to your friends.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Good for you for taking the high road... And remember you are blessed to have friends who love and support you!

Hi Sophie

I am glad to hear your colleagues reacted in the right way.

Hopefully this guy will see how foolish he has been

Well done to you on rising above their comments
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Some people have to hurt others to make themselves feel better .Do not let it get you down Sophie
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Good for you Sophie! Stay proud of who you are. He's trying to get a reaction from you he can use against you so let the bigotry inside him eat him up. You are quite correct; he is a coward and a fool and all at work will recognize him as just that. Obviously, you threaten his 'manhood' and he lives in a world that he perceives as making him feel inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post
    Good for you Sophie! Stay proud of who you are. He's trying to get a reaction from you he can use against you so let the bigotry inside him eat him up. You are quite correct; he is a coward and a fool and all at work will recognize him as just that. Obviously, you threaten his 'manhood' and he lives in a world that he perceives as making him feel inferior.
    Thats what I say too,, Keep it up ya got em on the run
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Gossip about another employee when they are not around to defend themselves...doesn't sould too good when the next round of layoffs come...
    Chickie

some ppl just cant stay out of other peoples lives.. where did he get the pics from?

Follow your dream.
    What that guy is going to learn fast is what worked years ago in high school or college doesnt cause success at work. He is harming himself by being childish, ignorant and petty: none of which can help him in his career. I'd actually leave a post it note on his desk saying as much.

Just stay true... the friends will rally and he will be marginalised.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I really think this is a wonderful example of how society is changing to a more understanding and accepting stance than ever before. Can you imagine this situation if it had happened in the 1950's? We are not the great all loving, all accepting society we would all like, but we keep getting closer. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Well look at that. Maturity reigns.

Stay on the high road Sophie! Sounds like you work with a great group of people (minus about 3 it sounds like).

I'm glad it didn't work out the way he expected and proud of you for the way you handled it. Nice to know that their are friends who are supportive.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

It's nice to hear about others being out at work. I was starting to think I was the only one!

You handled yourself well. Just let him self-destruct with that type of stuff.

Again, congratulations,

Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

To completely trivialise your problem whilst also showing support...

Those who choose to fight the cheap battle seldom win the war.

In your case, the fight is with ignorant ****tards.
    Best wishes.
    Samantha -x-

your better than me i would have reported him to H.R.
    good for you

Once again a person whose life is so low and worthless that he has to rip on you to make himself feel he is on top of his tiny little world.

I am so sorry you have to work with an asshole like that.

I agree with the others, you handled it nicely. He has now exposed himself as what he is. It also proved your friends and coworkers are real friends.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice to hear there r decent, understanding, and accepting vanilla folks out there, Sophie! U must be a nice person yourself to receive such support.

But, I MUST ASK! Because I'm clueless as to what, "---sling his hook", means?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You could thump him. It would be pretty embarassing for him to get his butt kicked by a guy in a dress. LOL! Not really promoting violence but it is funny to think about. I saw this happen with a redneck and a gay guy years ago, me and one my best friends still laugh about it.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    thank you everyone for your support.I think Jackass has underestimated how decent the people I work with are.My opinion is he thought he would get kudos of everyone to improve his standing,by showing me up.I have developed a thick skin so he lost out twice,As for going to HR,well his sister works there and I don't know what she would think of my pics being in his phone for over 2 weeks lol

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Nice to hear there r decent, understanding, and accepting vanilla folks out there, Sophie! U must be a nice person yourself to receive such support.

But, I MUST ASK! Because I'm clueless as to what, "---sling his hook", means?
    LOL Sling his hook,just a slang way of telling him to get lost

I don't like to blow my own trumpet Sherry,but I have a lot of friends in work.I am trustworthy and a good laugh.So I think that's why I have received nothing but support from them.I figure be nice to others and in return they will be on your side,when you need them to rally round.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hi Sophie

Looks like it turned out ok in the end. You've got some good friends there. Out of interest, has your company got a policy on discrimination? I know mine has and anyone trying that sort of thing would be disciplined - even to the point of being told to leave, permanently!

None of my work colleagues know about Polly and to be honest, I'm not keen on any knowing - I suspect it would really strain relationships with some of the macho folk around my works...

xx Polly
    On a journey from here to there. Mostly here but sometimes there....