Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My dog freaked out!

My dogs look at me funny, maybe they're rating my outfit and make up. maybe like Gen said he perfume or makeup smell might throw them off.

My two Pugs just give me head turns when I try my femme voice on them,but otherwise a couple of sniffs and back to lounging around waiting to eat again.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    lol,,,they know! My dog won`t look at me and goes and lays on the couch with his back turned!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know whether it's because he's very smart or very dumb, but my dog never seems to notice when I change looks. He treats me exactly the same both ways.

- Diane

I have Labs and Jack Russell terriers neither cares when I dress. I am me no matter how I am dressed.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

My turtle seems indifferent as long as I smell the same and come bearing worms. (She eats earthworms and fruit out of my hand if I sit still enough. She's shy like me and a good listener.)

I had a wonderful mutt for 16 yrs she was the same no matter what mode I was in

I just went through this the other night. I don't have dogs but my brother does. He was out of town over the weekend and asked me to walk them. Now whenever I go over there they are all over me, wanting belly rubs and to play. Friday night I got dressed up to go to the Tri-ess meeting but felt like I looked aweful so I decided to skip it. But since I went through all the trouble to get dressed I figured I would go walk the dogs. When I got there they were all over me just like always even though I had a wig on. I don't think they cared one way or another as to how I was dressed as long as they were going for a walk.

Back when I was high school age and had just begun doing makeup and had access to a wig, I got all done up one day when I was left home alone for the day, and when my dog wandered in, he started growling. I yelled at him and he realized his error, immediately came over and acted very submissive, never had him do that again.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnhose View Post
    Has anyone ever had their house pet freak out on them when dressed. I have a relatively new dog in the house and the first time it saw me dressed it growled / barked then ran under the table not knowing who I was. Just made me remember how smart and aware animals can be. Any similar experiences?
    Yes! Our dog loves my SO to death, but when he's dressed the dog growled and barked something fierce. It took about a year for the dog to calm down and accept it. Now he just wags his tail.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_CD View Post
    Friday night I got dressed up to go to the Tri-ess meeting but felt like I looked aweful so I decided to skip it.
    I understand the pressure to look your best infront of your peers. However, of alll places, any kind of support group will accept you no matter how you look. I'm sure a few girls that go have a less than perfect appearance. Hope you weren't just chickening out.

Silver Member
    When I was young I remember dressing up at the folks' home, wig, breastforms and all. Their dog walked down the hall and saw me, and tilted his head with a puzzled expression on his face (right out a Tom and Jerry cartoon) when he saw me. He kept his puzzled expression on his face and slowly backed up away from me until he was in another room. Even using my male voice to talk to him he was totally puzzled and nervous.

Michelle_CD, you should go to the group meeting, just dress as best as you can and go. There will be folks with varying degrees of passability, and those who do look great were at the point you are at now when they started out. Some of the girls at the group meeting might even be willing to help you with your appearance. If you absolutely cannot go dressed, go en drab (as long as the group is ok with it, I know of a few have rules against it unfortunately) and make those contacts with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_CD View Post
    I just went through this the other night. I don't have dogs but my brother does. He was out of town over the weekend and asked me to walk them. Now whenever I go over there they are all over me, wanting belly rubs and to play. Friday night I got dressed up to go to the Tri-ess meeting but felt like I looked aweful so I decided to skip it. But since I went through all the trouble to get dressed I figured I would go walk the dogs. When I got there they were all over me just like always even though I had a wig on. I don't think they cared one way or another as to how I was dressed as long as they were going for a walk.
    I look pretty horrid myself... but I still found the courage to get the mail in a skirt. It was 3 Am, so I don't think anyone saw me...
    "I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Dili nako ikapanhuwam nimo ang doughnut kay akong gamiton.
    (I can't lend you my doughnut because I'm going to use it.)
    Mao kana.
    (So There.)

My dogs sit there and STARE at me while dressing, putting on make up and all, which is creepy when they do that, then occasionally growl when I walk around the house -- too funny.

my dog kept looking at my breasts!

Just A Girl Next Door
    My cat does not like it when I'm dressed. I'm sure it's the wig. He kind of stares, like "what is that THING on your head???"

My cat sometimes gives me a double-take, but as soon as I talk to her and pet her, she's OK with it, and loves me just the same.
    Wish more people were like that, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara Bordeaux View Post
    My cat sometimes gives me a double-take, but as soon as I talk to her and pet her, she's OK with it, and loves me just the same.
    Wish more people were like that, LOL.
    Me too... life would be so much better if people would accept each other rather than start rumors, shun, or deride one another.
    "I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Dili nako ikapanhuwam nimo ang doughnut kay akong gamiton.
    (I can't lend you my doughnut because I'm going to use it.)
    Mao kana.
    (So There.)

When my dog (11 lb. Yorkie) saw me come out of my bedroom fully dressed he just looked and shook his head form side to side. I think he was telling me something.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Poultry aren't very intelligent.
    When I feed them normally they are ok with it.
    Feed them en femme and there is a fluttering frenzy.
    Still working on that one.
    I can feed the pigeons in HK and they don't care.
    Ever tried to get a pigeon out of your wig without taking it off?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My dog doesn't seem to care, as long as he gets attention and food!
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    My two Pugs just give me head turns when I try my femme voice on them,but otherwise a couple of sniffs and back to lounging around waiting to eat again.
    Omg! I have two pugs too! They're brothers (Darwin and Newton).

The pugs still recognize my SO, and don't really react. However, I have a male Moluccan cockatoo that had 4 previous homes prior to me adopting him. He absolutely HATES men, and hates anyone/anything that gets my attention. (We have done everything to change him, but he is just kind of an ass sometimes). Anyway, he would just about do anything to bite Ryan (my SO). However, when my SO is dressed, my bird is still Extremely suspicious...but, he will allow my SO to pet him. My SO says it's a great excuse to dress more lol

I don't think they will ever be best friends or anything, but it's a start. My bird may not be crazy about my female friends, but he won't bite them.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

This is why I don't have a dog....Cats couldn't care less how you dress!

My dogs have no issues when Amanda is around.
    Amanda

Genifer and Vicki you are right I should have gone. I was a little rushed trying to get ready and was already a half hour late by the time I finished my makeup. I don't get out much and this was my opportunity so at least I did make the most of it by going to walk the dogs. I'll try again next month.