Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you drive a Chickmobile

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Black 2009 VW Rabbit sport with manual shift...it could fall into that category.

We have only one vehicle at the moment - a Honda Odyssey Minivan. I think more women drive them than men, but I wouldn't qualify it as a 'Chickmobile'.
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)

well, for quite a while I was driving my SO's car to work(maxima) to save on gas (ugh! gas prices!) and she has Tinkerbelle stuff like seat and steering wheel covers. Boy! the looks and smiles I would get! I normally drive a pick-up but too expensive.

Currently, no. But back in the late '80's, I drove a cute, little Subaru Justy, white with a pink and purple decal on each side. I loved that car: fast (5-speed manual transmission) and 41 miles to the gallon. Fun to drive, economical and I looked good in it when dressed too.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

This chick likes the great outdoors so everything is four wheel drive, bright red Jeep Wrangler with soft top that stays off in the summer, very fun to drive while dressed enfemme. Land Rover for dangerous excursions to the mall and a 1970 bright yellow Ford Bronco that I bought when I turned sixteen and has to many memories to part with. Perfect vehicles for living in the Northwest.

I drive a 2002 Mustang GT on the weekends and a 2007 F150 4x4 on weekdays to work and back.

my Wife drives a 2004 Toyota Rav4. I drive that sometimes too.

I have thought about this a lot but when it comes to cars I am very pragmatic. Several years ago we bought twin Hondas... a CRV and Type R Civic... one very practical and the other just plain silly but fun... The idea was that we would mix and match... Guess who got to drive the CRV all the time! So I changed to a Volvo V70... I do need to shift lots of kit sometimes and this seemed a good compromise... fast, comfy seats and loads of room! My wife has only driven this car once as well! She used to let me play with the Type R every now and again... but I haven't had that opportunity for about a year!

We got my daughter a Ford KA to run around in, but she has left home and I have used it a lot as it is cheaper to run than the Volvo... so I guess my 'girly' car is the KA... it feels like that... well until I totalled it a few weeks ago in the snow!

Now I am Volvo girl again!

The I wish girly car? Mazda MX5! or I might settle for an RX8!

Kaz
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

our cars are a silver beetle tdi,white t&c mini van and x-cab diesel dually you decide lol

Me and my wife only have the one car. So its basically whatever we can afford at the time. I would not be opposed to a so called chic mobile though.. would definitely like it more than a truck..
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I'm not sure what the requirements for a "chick mobile" are, so I'll just list what I drive, and you be the judge.

2000 z28 Camaro - not really what the average girl would enjoy driving, but maybe an above average girl?

1985 Chevy Blazer 4x4 - No woman would be caught dead driving this vehicle. It has 40 inch tall mud tires, no mufflers, and a rusty body, not a chick car.

Honda cbr 600 - Maybe? I'm not sure. More and more women nowadays are enjoying bikes.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

A few years back when I bought my car, it is a small car, I had my choice of colors on the lot. There were so many black, gray / silver and tan, but only one light blue. I wanted to be different so I picked that one. Next day I look at it and say, oh crap this is definitely a chick car, then I thought, oh wait, this is good, it is a chick car!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I drive a 2002 New Beetle. I think that qualifies.

My rides are a 2007 Mustang convertable and a 2010 F350 Crew cab. Wifes ride is a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. Have seen "Chicks" driving all of the above.

I drive a 2007 Subaru Outback Lezmobile......you know,'cause I'm a lesbian.
    Well, actually the Subaru Forester has that stereotype, but this is close enough.
    I found some snipe on youtube where Subarus are called Lesbarus.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-15-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Could not any vehicle qualify as a "chick" car, as long as a "chick" or Cd is driving it? Maybe even a semi 18 wheeler?

About 3 years ago, I pulled into a parking space at work. As I got out of my car a woman that was getting out of hers, said, "nice car, but they are for women" (or something to that effect). Funny, I never thought of PT Cruiser as being a chick car! This woman was somewhere around 55-60 years old. A 2004 PT Cruiser, bright red with chrome mags, a chick car? Who'd a thunk it? lol

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    F-150 King Ranch Quad Cab 4x4 for on-road (and a little off-road), and a lifted Yamaha Rhino for mountain trails...I don't think either qualifies as a chick ride...
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Yeah! -- I drive my wife's 99 red vet when I am out en femm ,-chickmobile ; maybe or not but I won't be seen out in my truck, just doesn't fit my femm persona

Does A Firetruck count as a chick moble lol -- but when it's warm I ride my 1989 Harley Heratige Softale

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Mazda MX-5 (AKA Miata) (when there's no snow on the roads here in MN .. which, oddly enough, is now).

I take a lot of crap from my two mechanic sons for my feminine car. Yes, they know I am trans.

Some think so, BMW 325 Convertible but it is British Racing Green. Also have a Ram PU.

I think my red Miata would qualify.

Nothing like tooling around in in in the Summer in a short skirt. I'm thinking the truck drivers can probably get a good look.

Strangely, though it has a reputation as a 'chickmobile', almost all of the Miata drivers I see on the roads around here are guys.
    Last edited by Cristi; 02-15-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

4 X 4 Chevy Sliverado, crew cab (2011)

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Well, My truck is far from a chickmobile...a 1996 Green Blazer. I just bought my wife a 2000 GMC Jimmy to replace her "soccer mom" Ford windstar van
    Drumming, My other hobby

I have owned a few of these fun little cars in the past and wouldn't mind having one again.
    Definitely a Chic Mobile - no matter what color it is

Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD