Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do you drive a Chickmobile

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    No Chickmobile here, my toy car is a 1985 camaro Iroc Z28 completely restored to show room new. I also have a 1970 Chevelle SS. Neither car ever goes out in the bad weather so I drive my 2007 Express Cargo van, good for work and can double as a change vehicle if I get the urge to become Sandra.
    Sandra- the z28 is PURE chick-mobile. when driven by a girl. I understand the van- had them for work- mini-van actually. The 97 Voyager had the most comfortable seating position i ever found- like sitting in a kitchen chair- reading at the table. I've done 13 hours up to northern MN after a full day at work in that thing. uber-comfort.

no tinting though. Right now, if considering room for changing, if i had unlimited funds... either a Lincoln Navigator or a QX56, heavy tinting. the high up seating keeps you a bit more anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    The only car I have is a super cute little khaki colored Toyota FJ Cruiser. Most people think it's a little butch looking for me, but I totally disagree. It's funky and spunky like the driver. ;-)

Plus, men tend to love my truck and I get the cutest guys asking me questions about it all the time.

Is it a chickmobile? Hell yeah!
    oh Yeah. FJ is awesomely funky/spunky chick-cool.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Quote Originally Posted by karanne View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with an MX-5 Miata. Mine's an '01 in blue, it's got 250k+ miles on it, and aside from some electrical problems (I've had three alternators in it.) works and drives like a champ. My major complaint (when I was working for the State of Florida) was it didn't have much cargo room.

Oh, yeah! Top down, driving on the highway with tunes and my hair blowing in the wind - almost like riding my Harley Softail, although you can't do that in a skirted suit!
    I've found that taking out the passenger seat grants an extra bit of room (I spend a lot of time in National Parks camping, take a lot of gear) ...

Amusing thread! I have a Honda Accord, pretty run-of-the-mill. Many years ago when I was working as an auto mechanic (horrible on your nails *wink*), men in Alabama would bring a car in for service and most of the time they would make this same excuse (from every guy): "This is mah wahf's car, I drive a pig-yep truck." I thought it was funny, apparently men in Alabama do not find cars manly at all, and men are supposed to drive pickups. I live in Texas now and again I'm the rare exception, I drive a car, when almost everyone in this area drives a pickup - even and especially the women. To quote one female coworker I used to have, "They're just too handy!". To get the full flavor of that, you have to hear it in the original west Texas accent.

The only thing that makes me frown about this though is that they make a conscious decision to buy that big huge pickup (and even the women are driving RAM 3500s and Ford F-Gigantics and so on, back and forth to the grocery store...) and then they gripe about how much gas costs for it. If you didn't want to spend that much on fuel costs, you should have purchased something more efficient, I think - and have said so, only to get slapped down by "It's just too handy!" and "Not everyone can afford two vehicles." I can't either, so I bought what I thought would be best. I don't need a pickup to go to the grocery store, I have a trunk in my car.

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    I have BOTH, haha. Mini Cooper S (super charged & modified fast lil bugger) & BMW M3. Guess which one is the chickmobile?!
    ~ Kellie

Visit us at www.sixandthecity.net Pics, Events, Blogs and just lots of girly fun!

"It takes a REALLY big man to fill my shoes"
    -Madonna

I don't drive a chick-mobile. But I sure saw one today. Volkswagen Beetles, already a chick car to begin with (heck, they ought to come with breasts), are pretty much all for women. This one was lipstick red, and the driver had installed eyelashes above the headlights.

I'm not kidding.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

This is my chick-mobile.... and guy-mobile... and work truck. AND, I get 25 mpg on highway!
    Last edited by Ashley_in_Texas; 02-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.

This is my Chickmobile

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I don't drive a chick-mobile. But I sure saw one today. Volkswagen Beetles, already a chick car to begin with (heck, they ought to come with breasts)
    I agree 100%
    I ask some GG what they think is the #1 chickmobile ... the VW Bug was the most common
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

i drive a 2005 Elantra with every option available - including a black bra on the front!!!!
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I had a '94 Mazda Miata for 15 years. i traded it in for a rare Pontiac Solstice coupe. I also drive a Jeep Wrangler....

Banned Read only
    2009 factory John Cooper Works MINI Clubman...

People keep claiming that MINI's are chickmobiles, but how many females go looking for 147mph pocket rockets?

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    Making my yearly post... I used to, I guess...But I know more guys with 1994 Oldsmobile convertibles than girls...

My latest is definitely not a chickmobile...

A POS 1981 Chevy C10 Silverado shortbed with a 350hp 350, soon to be installed Tuned Port Injection.

Tearing the old Turbo400 transmission out this weekend (it was "rebuilt" by someone that did not need to be around tools, much less transmissions - I bought it this way) and making way for a 4 speed auto so we can drive it and get more than 6 MPGs...

No, I didn't buy anything...haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.

Aspiring Member
    I drive a 2006 yellow mini cooper and yes people call it a chick car but I ride my 2009 950yamaha vstar more

I drive a f450 super duty tow truck, but it is a really pretty red and black custom paint job and most women that ride in it say it is a pretty truck so i am just not sure if that qualifies as a chick mobile or not?
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa_59 View Post
    Amusing thread! I have a Honda Accord, pretty run-of-the-mill. Many years ago when I was working as an auto mechanic (horrible on your nails *wink*), men in Alabama would bring a car in for service and most of the time they would make this same excuse (from every guy): "This is mah wahf's car, I drive a pig-yep truck." I thought it was funny, apparently men in Alabama do not find cars manly at all, and men are supposed to drive pickups. I live in Texas now and again I'm the rare exception, I drive a car, when almost everyone in this area drives a pickup - even and especially the women. To quote one female coworker I used to have, "They're just too handy!". To get the full flavor of that, you have to hear it in the original west Texas accent.

The only thing that makes me frown about this though is that they make a conscious decision to buy that big huge pickup (and even the women are driving RAM 3500s and Ford F-Gigantics and so on, back and forth to the grocery store...) and then they gripe about how much gas costs for it. If you didn't want to spend that much on fuel costs, you should have purchased something more efficient, I think - and have said so, only to get slapped down by "It's just too handy!" and "Not everyone can afford two vehicles." I can't either, so I bought what I thought would be best. I don't need a pickup to go to the grocery store, I have a trunk in my car.
    I'm sorry, I never saw the attraction in a pickup except for certain people. I can see someone working in construction, or hauling plywood, lumber, concrete or sheetrock, but a twenty-something bleach-blonde secretary in a tight short skirt, hose, and 4" heels struggling to get in and out of a monster F-750? Don't tell me that's your husband's truck, I've seen you driving it every day to work! You don't have any room for your kids in there!

So, I'm obviously missing something - what's so 'handy' about them?

a RED Acura 3.2 TL.

It's not exactly brand-new, it's not a Mercedes (f&k me - i'm poor =( ) but it's clean, sharp, nice looking, and RED.

Yeah, it's the car I drive every day, even when wearing a tie.

=) =) =)

I never believed there were 'chick cars' until I bought my little Elantra earlier this year... It has a purse holding hook!

This is a funny thread. I drive a green Kia Sportage, with a chrome tribal skull I got at pep boys stuck in the middle of the dashboard. It makes me laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I have an 09 VW Jetta...when I bought I was specifically looking for a chickmobile I think I found it...lol. It's super cute and fits me perfectly.

I guess my qualifies as a chick-mobile. I have a dark gray Lexus RX-450h Hybrid, light gray leather interior. I have read one online post about a male RX hybrid owner who sold his after being teased about having a ladies car. I get 27 MPG overall, I suppose I would get 30+ If I did a long 30 mile commute like my wife. She get's 50 MPG from her older 2007 Prius (46 MPG). I mostly drive it around town, since I work out of my home.

The future of cars is electric!! Charging electric cars is really really really cheap. An electric Tesla Roadster sports car costs $0.04 a mile while Porsche 911 costs $0.20 a mile. It even beats a Prius at $0.07 a mile.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!!

Quote Originally Posted by KylieA View Post
    The future of cars is electric!! Charging electric cars is really really really cheap. An electric Tesla Roadster sports car costs $0.04 a mile while Porsche 911 costs $0.20 a mile. It even beats a Prius at $0.07 a mile.
    That may be true, Kylie, and I hope it is. However, you're in Bah-stun, and have public charging spots in a fairly compact urban area. Most of the rest of the country is far more built out, and DOESN'T. What we need is dozens - hundreds of charging points at places like shopping malls, with enough amperage to each point (I read somewhere we'd need 70 amps for each point for a half-hour charge.), AND for the prices to come down to where Joe Sixpack can buy a car for $10k. We'd also need a standardized PLUG or inductive charging, and for range to be better than 200 miles on a charge.

All this means government financing of some sort, and with <Political> GOP hypocrisy and W's Recession </Political> I don't see this happening. I hope it does, but companies like Tesla are not GM.

Until then, I'll keep driving my PAID OFF '01 Miata ...

Chickmobile?No.

I would LOVE one.Probably in a subdued sagey green.Maybe an Altima coupe.But I need to buy a heels and hose friendly pickup.Recommendations?

I drive a Mercedes E350 when my better half lets me!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

A few young girls called my car cute, I think then a 2009 Mazda Speed3 can be called a chick mobile. I wonder now if knowingly I bought a car a girl would buy and drive..