Thread: My first time out in public

My first time out in public

It's been quite a while since I've been on here, but today was a day that I just had to share with you all. Please bear with me, this is a bit on the long side...

My wife and I took a trip to Janet's Closet here in SE Michigan today to shop for a wig and get breast forms. I decided to wear my favorite skinny jeans with my knee high boots and a nice drape necked tank top that I like. After we dropped my daughter off at school, we stopped for breakfast. After breakfast, I put on a well padded push up bra that was stiff enough to give me some appearance of breasts and then got my nails painted by my wife, then we were off to Janet's.

To my surprise, my wife had scheduled a makeup session for me, so we started with me getting made up totally. It was fun, but I'm not sure I liked all that heavy makeup. I may just do my eyes and put on lipstick in the future.

Anyways, after getting made up, we shopped wigs. I picked out a style that I liked on the shelf but it didn't look as nice once I had it on my head, it was just too short. The next one was longer and looked better but seemed a bit thin. The third one I liked a lot, but there was a natural hair wig that I wanted to try on. It was wonderful feeling, but the color and style didn't look as good as the third wig, so I decided to stick with that wig.

Next up forms...I wanted about a C cup, so I tried a couple different styles until I found one that I liked. Wow! I'd never worn forms before and the difference was incredible. They have weight and actually jiggled when I walked. What an awesome feeling.

At this point, we were done at Janet's, but we still had 2 hours to get back to our town an hour away and pick up my daughter from school...I wasn't ready to go back to guy mode yet, so I decided to go out to lunch en femme.

I knew that I was going to have to clean up on the way after lunch, but didn't bring anything to really remove the makeup. That meant first stop was a drug store to buy makeup remover. Nervously, I walked into the store with my wife, expecting everyone to stare at me, or even worse, point me out and laugh or something. Nothing like that happened and the person at the register was very pleasant.

My confidence up, I decided to go to lunch back in my home town instead of some place closer to Janet's. So I drive us back to an Arabic restaurant my wife and I like and we go in and place our order at the counter, give him my femme name "Kate", and pay with my credit card. Again, everyone treats me nice, but my credit cards aren't signed, instead I write "Please ask for ID" on the back. The guy working the register, looks at my card and then says in a kind of joking way "You really want me to ask you for your ID?". I kinda laugh, say sure, and hand him my driver's license. A few minutes later, they called out "Kate" and we picked up our food, and ate our lunch in the restaurant.

Unfortunately it was now time to clean up and get my daughter. I go out to car, remove my makeup (which was way more work than I thought it would have been!) and my nail polish. I remove my boots and put my guy shoes back on, then we go get my daughter.

What a fun day! I was surprised how easy and comfortable I felt out and about en femme. Now that I have my forms, I can finally shop for tops and see how they actually fit and my wife and I are already thinking about when we can go out together dressed again.

Kate (aka Tatyana)

Good for you, it is always a great feeeling first time and it seems too short.
    The hardest bit is changing back.
    What a disapointment it can be.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Awesome, Kate!

It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Give your wife some extra hugs and kisses!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

That sounds like a great time. Did you take photos? You going to post them?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Kim L of S. Texas Kimberly Long's Avatar
    It is so wonderful to be out and treated like a woman. I wish you the best and hope you can make more trips out. Also it is time to so something wonderful for your supportive SO, it will make things much better in the days ahead.
    Love Kimberly

Gold Member
    I envy you; sounds like you had a dream day. I often thought about traveling to Janet's Closet,
    they have a great web site. I wish I could travel beyond the closet walls, But my size keeps me
    in the friendly confines of home.
    Rader

Hello Tatyana, wow that's awesome! I'm hoping one day to be able to go shopping with my SO, and go out en femme with her as girlfriends.
    Hollie

yay! Your wife is awesome! That is one of my dreams, to one day go out shopping with my wife as gals, get our makeup done, peddies and mannies, and lunch I am so happy for you!

I knew you'd have a great time at the JC store. Glad you 'outing' went so well....

Renne.....

Amazing wife! Just go for it! I wish...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings