Thread: (on hormones)Liquid from my nipples O.o?

Banned Read only

(on hormones)Liquid from my nipples O.o?

So like i was... feeling myself up /blush... and I was kinda playing with my new found breast tissue and i squeezed my nipples and a clearish liquid started to come out.

Um wtf is going on?

It's a common side effect... You basically made milk. Both M and F have the needed organs for that, but estrogen is required to make it work.
    "I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." ~Robert A. Heinlein

Dili nako ikapanhuwam nimo ang doughnut kay akong gamiton.
    (I can't lend you my doughnut because I'm going to use it.)
    Mao kana.
    (So There.)

Banned Read only
    DUDE REALLY?!
    O.o

I could produce milk?

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    Stephanie Dixon says she breastfed her last child before transition.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress Lainie View Post
    Oh wow.
    Really?

thats....
    ive dreamed of that....

Banned Read only
    Hi Myojine,

I lactated for over a year to the point that I needed a breast pump to relieve pressure.
    Not only can it happen it does happen.

Silver Member
    Yes. The male breast is perfectly capable of producing milk. It just needs the right hormonal stimulation. It's not that common for it to happen, though, so don't get your hopes too high.

Stephie

Aspiring Member
    Hmmm... this CAN happen if your prolactin levels are a little high. Do you get screened regularly? But yes we can lactate especially with that kind of physical stimulus.

If prolactin levels are very high though, it can lead to brain tumors. Don't want to worry you particularly, just warning (a'la WebMD where you check your cold symptoms and get a terminal diagnosis, haha)

Silver Member
    Yup... I've been lactating for a while now. Nothing major... I couldn't keep a tiny animal from dying of malnutrition or anything (not that I've tried with boob milk...).

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Lainie View Post
    Yeah... I'm hoping I can do this as well when we have a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin A View Post
    Hmmm... this CAN happen if your prolactin levels are a little high. Do you get screened regularly? But yes we can lactate especially with that kind of physical stimulus.

If prolactin levels are very high though, it can lead to brain tumors. Don't want to worry you particularly, just warning (a'la WebMD where you check your cold symptoms and get a terminal diagnosis, haha)
    Don't you have that backwards? I know that a prolactinoma (pituitary tumor... yup in the brain) can cause increased prolactin levels... but I haven't heard of increased prolactin causing a tumor.

Aside from HRT, anti-depressants and smoking weed also increase prolactin levels... we don't see potheads and sad people everywhere getting brain tumors...
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 02-16-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Aside from HRT, anti-depressants and smoking weed also increase prolactin levels... we don't see potheads and sad people everywhere getting brain tumors...
    Yes, you're absolutely right and I got mixed up. Increased prolactin can be an indicator of such.

My endo makes me worry too much.

Glamazon
    Was reading this thread, didn't think I ever had this problem, decided to squeeze breasts to find out, sure enough, clear liquid came out. =x

My breasts are too tender to squeeze enough to get anything out of them. Especially so when I'm taking pro.