Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me, am I lacking something?

Tell me, am I lacking something?

I see a lot of CD girls here getting so emotional that it goes beyond anything that I can possibly relate to.
    Now it could be a combination of me being British and not being naturally emotional.

But having said that, I can fill up with tears at a romantic scene in a movie. Or see a little two year old in a push chair beaming up at me and it makes my day!

Are some CD girls just putting it on a bit to come over as more girly [Not that girls are over emotional!!!] or is it just me lacking something?

Tell me. Yes, you can be honest, I can take it………….. I won’t get emotional!

SUZY

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Suzy, I don't know, but I do cry at movies.
    Dana Ryan

Maybe that is just the way that they are. I have met a lot of fun British Isles people and have also read and heard that some of you folk sometimes are a bit, or very much, conservative and reserved. I also believe that from what I see here, that as some of us grow into this new found self of ours we may over react and over emphasize our feelings as we want to shout out to the world these new and very pleasing feelings that we get when we dress. We want to celebrate and to me, celebrations are the best!

Can't see keyboard...all blurry. Drops dripping on keys...(sniff)...
    OK enough of that. Probably because this group is so varied with the human race as the common denominator (hope I do not insult any Chimps who may be logged on.), we see a lot of different emotional types. Perhaps the release from the closet let's things get a little emotional. I cry at Disney movies and eulogies of which I have done two. Stiff upper lip there girl, eh what?
    Laura

I have always been emotional movies tv shows ans especially personal events. I actually like that side of me and as I accept more things about myself the more important that trait is.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I see a lot of CD girls here getting so emotional that it goes beyond anything that I can possibly relate to.
    Now it could be a combination of me being British and not being naturally emotional.

But having said that, I can fill up with tears at a romantic scene in a movie. Or see a little two year old in a push chair beaming up at me and it makes my day!
    Sounds like you are emotional to me. If you weren't then you wouldn't be shedding tears or finding great pleasure in things many men would be stoic about.

I didn't use to tear up over emotional scenes in movies, etc., but as I've gotten older I tear up more often than my wife.
    DonnaT

Personally, Suzy, I believe many of these episodes of tears shed during conversations have been added just to enhance the story. Girls are supposed to be weepy, after all. However one can experience strong emotions without crying, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with you if you don't get watery while talking with a dear friend.

I can get sad to the point of tears. Sad songs about relationships can do that to me. Watching Whitney sing the National Anthem the other day brought a tear to my eye. The recent loss of my sister had me crying every day for a few weeks. Then there are joyful tears too. Nothing put on here, its' real. The feeling of loss real or imagined should cause tears IMO.

I was very sensitive as a child and got a lot of flack about it .The rest of my family members showed hardly any emotion (even my mom was pretty tough ) as i got older i repressed all my emotions to be tough .This kinda behaviour caused a lot of damage to me and my marriage .Now when im alone i do cry at the dumbest things lol
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I'm a very emotional person. I always have been. Sad songs, movie's, almost anything can turn on the waterworks not to mention things happening in my life. I don't have to enhance anything to embellish a story as Dawn said above. I guess I kind of resent that.

ya your different knowbody is the same.. i can be hard as a rock one day and a cry baby the next.
    so dont worrie about it your fine.

Are some CD girls just putting it on a bit to come over as more girly [Not that girls are over emotional!!!] or is it just me lacking something?

SUZY
    This is exactly how I feel. I just got an email from a good friend (CD) that was kind of calling me out for not being emotional enough. I'm glad to see and agree 100% with your post, and it is so timely!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Suzy

You are not lacking something as "in broken" and from what you have shared I think you have a wise and pragmatic approach to life, you realize life is short and why waste it being miserable when you could be having fun.

I'm easily wounded by words and behavior or seeing cruelty directed against others and live in romantic fantasy land and if I could change I would because it is a curse to be this way or at the very least it is exhausting not to mention it freaks people out.I would gladly change places with you.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I've just been crying,watching Emmerdale (now thats bad) but I cry like that in guy mode,so in my situation it's not a Girl thing

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Girly Drama

I think that you're perfectly normal Suzy. Although I do hear it generally said that the British are a bit understated. I think that kind of reserve is a cultural thing but I have no way of measuring that.

I do tend to agree with you on the point that the ladies on this site can get quite melodramatic. Is drama an element of CDing? That's a good question. I think possibly that part of it is that the girls here are experiencing the freedom to express their feelings here that they cannot express elsewhere and are reveling in that freedom. I know that is an element for me.

I tend to be a lot more expressive here than I am in my drab life at home. Something about feeling girly seems to pull that to the surface. And if you can't let your hair down around the girls, who can you do it with?

I know what you mean about people being over-emotional. Having said that, some weeks ago I spent ages dolling myself up and wore a new super-sexy outfit for the first time - I was so overcome when I looked in the mirror, I burst into tears. I was beautiful! (But not very modest).

I am certainly more likely to cry when I'm en femme. I feel so vulnerable.

Suzy, as a British ex-pat having lived most of my life in the States, I think it is our British reserve. Although I deeply felt the loss of my parents, I was unable to shed tears at the time of their funerals, and also on other similarly solemn and sad occasions. I, too, tear up sometimes whilst watching emotionally wrenching films, but usually not at other times. In the States there is quite a mix of excitable folks, and the usual 5 - 10% of them are part of our community, I would think, as reflected in these threads.

Jen
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

For me I have always cried at emotional things, especially movies and when with my family that has been difficult as I need to be the big butch guy who they all think is the Rock.

I cry more these days as well... even at silly Disney fodder... I get on great with my grand-daughter (5) - I love watching movies with her... we both get into the emotion and it is a joy!

But sometimes I do the male thing and switch into mode. When the girls are all distraught they expect the 'man' to do his duty...

Am I bipolar or what!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

No crying in guy mode but dress me up and i get emotional just thinking about things that wouldn't otherwise affect me.

This question is hard for me to judge. Are CDers especially emotional? I've been on other forums where people get pretty emotional--especially where the discussion centers around politics, religion or evolution. People can get wound up in a hurry when it comes to questions like that. But are CDers especially sensitive? Quite honestly, I don't know.

As far as British reserve goes, I can say this (and being Irish, I am of course an expert on the Brits, just like the Brits are experts on us Paddies): if anyone thinks the Brits are reserved, take a look some time at a British sports forum. As always, it depends on which crowd you're talking about.

Finally, did someone mention the expression "Keep a stiff upper lip"? I've read (and my source here is Bill Bryson, who couldn't possibly be mistaken) that this expression was originally American, not British. But the Brits seemed to like it, so it's all theirs these days.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by goodnhose View Post
    No crying in guy mode but dress me up and i get emotional just thinking about things that wouldn't otherwise affect me.
    It's about where your head is. Ages ago this happened in Kaz mode more... then you realise it is part of you... At work I can be both brutal and nurturing. It is interesting how I manage the balance... probably not well... now that is girly! Self doubt, indecision, putting people first?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

For me my emotions have varied over the years for the most part I kept my emotions to myself trying not to show any tears even when I was really close to it. Except for certain moments, one of the moments that I remember most was when I started crying after my girlfriend at the time had started crying after getting bad news. This was in front of her younger sisters as well which should have embarrassed me.

I have noticed that I am more open with my emotions now, since accepting every aspect of myself. I often watch more emotional girlie films and can't help but smile and be happy at the scenes that show the love of the characters, and I will openly cry at the really sad moments.

or is it just me lacking something?

SUZY
    yes suzy, its just you lacking something...lol i just love to read your posts...there really is something wrong with you!!
    paula

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    I'm a very emotional person. I always have been. Sad songs, movie's, almost anything can turn on the waterworks not to mention things happening in my life.
    i'm the same as billiejo, very emotional in either mode!! certain songs get me going and lots of movies, and they don't have to be love stories...i cried during picketts charge in the movie gettysburg...
    paula

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Suzy, you are not lacking anything!! You are being the man with a definite feminine side that you are! I am pretty much the same way, and have been all my life. Of course my mother was born and reared in England, so I also have that U.K blood in me. I do cry in movies, and at other times when it seems appropiate. Is that wrong? If so, by whose rules?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!