Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At My Age You Were....

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar

Question At My Age You Were....

Thought I'd start a topic other than in the intro section.

I have been thinking about how far I have come over the last while and I am quite surprised. I went into a lingerie shop such as Ann Summers and not felt odd. Not only that but I openly went into a shop bought some female clothing. A few weeks later bought more but tried it in the shop! This was a big deal for me.

I'm somewhat wondering whether I am behind or ahead of everybody else when they were 20 years old.

Don't feel you need to answer, just curious is all.

At 20, I was still sectretly experimenting with various pieces of my Mom's and sister's wardrobe, which I guess probablty started at age 6, never had the courage or the money to buy anything of my own.

I believe you are ahead of where I was. Around age 20, I was furtively dashing into stores like Meijer & Walmart to buy hot pink lipstick and various items of hoisery, feeling as much shame as possible. I would then run home to put them on over unshaven legs and an unmade face, and browse the seedier side of the internet. What a savage I was! LOL

Glad to hear you're ahead of where I was! (: Life is too short and beauty too fleeting to waste time scared & guilt-ridden!
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

at 20 I got my own place, and then things really started to get going ^ ^
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

At age 20 I had actually gone out for drives and walks and went into a couple of stores to buy something. Then life changed and I disappeared into the closet for 30 years. Still there but out more often now.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    At 20, I was still sectretly experimenting with various pieces of my Mom's and sister's wardrobe, which I guess probablty started at age 6, never had the courage or the money to buy anything of my own.
    Pretty much the same story for me, I have been dressing as far back as I can remember.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When I was 20, I was concentrating on getting laid and NOT getting drafted! At that time, and until I was age 50, I had no idea why a reasonably good looking guy would prefer to appear as a homely woman!

So, was I AHEAD or BEHIND u, SD!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Yep, me too. Of course as cave people we didn't wear much but animal skins...it was really hard to cross dress.

Makeup addict!
    I'm 20 right now. I can't say I've been in a lingerie store yet

Junior Member Dani Alana Taylor's Avatar
    I'm only 18 right now but I'm not even close to that.... But good for you!
    Taylor Swift rocks my world! What I would do for just for one date with her....

At 20 I had purged for about a year. It was another couple years before I started collecting and wearing in secret again, only after I married thinking that would 'cure' me .... guess what ...

Secret dresser, when I was 20, I was only into wearing thongs and panties. Forward 18 years later, and I'm only now starting to go en femme, but only in the house.

Hollie

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    at 20, I was living in an on-campus apt. with several others who would have never understood dressing. But I had some stuff, just never the time to really use any of it.

At 20 I had been out enfemme, but not out shopping. My wife was kind enough to furnish me with all I needed, including my first wig.
    DonnaT

Silver Member
    I had bought a few things in person when I was 20, but it was awkward; I mostly mail-ordered things online. I had been out en femme a few times to trans group meetings.

Was getting into girdles and hosiery, nervously shopping for those items and praying no-one recognizes me. Was living in dorms at that age, so it was hard to keep a stash, purged few times. Back and forth to *ending* it and giving into that desire and pink fog.

Being 20 is so long ago... I can't remember what I was doing.... But your comparing bras and girdles when you comparing 20 now and 20, 40 years ago....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I was 20 there was no world wide web to buy from (and nobody had a computer), and no shop selling women's clothes or cosmetics in my town would have served a man without a lot of searching questions. It's all a lot easier for young'uns today (leans back in rocking chair).
    --
    Jag (a name gifted me by another member)

We are close in age, but I am a wee bit younger. I'm not 20 until mid may. A peek in my closet would reveal dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. I have a panty drawer in my dresser, and a make up bag. Funny thing is, I live with my parents and 2 sisters and though I do nothing to hide it, no one knows.

But as far as what I do. I go out, frequently. I underdress 24/7, with some exceptions. I can browse Victorias Secret and any other store without feeling awkward. I can buy something and it may be awkward but it's all good.

At 20.... OMG that was a long time ago... LOL. Basically, I thought I was the only person in the world born this way. No internet, no computers for the home, no cell phones.. we had landlines with a party line. Yeh, I'm really that old. So I'd say with what you have today, it's a little easier being born this way...

You have no idea how lonely one can feel when you have these thoughts that you were supposed to be someone else. No one to talk to and no where to go... No regrets though, I did what I could with what I had. I did have mail order catelogs and I did pay by check for the items of clothing that I wanted but didn't have the nerve to go to a store.

Renne.....

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    When I was 20 I was in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. So I wasn't crossdressing!! But I had before then and certainly did after my miltary service and still do!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

When I was 20, I was an auto mechanic that was trying to put himself through engineering school. I worked two jobs and also took a full load at college (sleeping about 2 hours a night, if I got that much). I honestly didn't have time or energy to explore the feelings that hit me when I was about 10 years old. That time/energy/money didn't come until much later. Looking back, I wish I'd had a chance to explore this side of myself when I was younger.

I was still pretty closeted at 20. I would occasionally stroll into a VS and buy some underwear and sometimes when I got the courage go into a discount store and buy a skirt or dress under the guise of a costume or a gift for a girl. It wasn't till my mid twenties that I could make occasionally testing the waters outings to gay bars or transgendered nights, and not till I was 28 that I became completely comfortable being open and public about it all.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Gold Member
    At 20 I was in Nam, so dressing was frowned upon.
    Now much later, and retired, I can dress as often as I want, and do.
    Rader

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    You were far ahead of where I was at during that age. For me age 20, I was trying to become as big and strong as possible, I was actually trying to gain weight and increase my size. My male side was on a mission to completely and finally once and for all get rid the girl side permanently. Strange how things would turn completely around a couple years later.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth