Thread: what if

Wink what if

what if you really wonted to get chough dressing or out all dressed up how wood you like to be wood be on your term or becouse y0u wont it to i your in a store an dressed an seen a frind or a co worker wood the walk up a say hi so an so do you they wood know you i dont think so

Sorry but I do not understand the question or the answer or whatever it is you have written.

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar
    The OP seems to have multiple questions in one it seems.

The main question being how would you let yourself be caught dressing.

The example being shopping en femme and a friend/co-worker spotting you.

I think thats what it roughly means.

I myself will probly never be caught, I do it all in private. I would need to be drunk to consider going out. Even then it would most likely be Halloween, as I never drink when alone and when I do drink I always go out in guy clothes. Halloween could be different, but then its not really being caught, most people would think its a dare/costume.

Good translation Secret, I coule not make head nor tails of it myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

Silver Member
    The last time I commented on someone's writing style I was chastised by a mod, but I could try again, I guess.

Lauri wrote:

"what if you really wonted to get chough dressing or out all dressed up how wood you like to be wood be on your term or becouse y0u wont it to i your in a store an dressed an seen a frind or a co worker wood the walk up a say hi so an so do you they wood know you i dont think so"

Stephenie translated:

What if you wanted to get caught dressing. Or what if you were out all dressed up as you would like to be because it's what you wanted.

What if you were in a store all dressed up and were seen by a friend or a co-worker.

Would you walk up and say, "Hi, so and so"?

Do you think they would know you? I don't think so.

I personally get a real thrill out of going out in public en femme. In most cases I do not wear a wig, bra with inserts, or makeup. Generally I just wear a skirt and top and High heeled sandals with toe nail polish on. What has amazed me is how few people appear to notice and those that do seldom say anything. I generally go out en femme to restaurants or shopping with a male friend who is supportive.

I don't know if this gets at the OP's question, exactly, but it was my one experience with being definitively "made" while dressed:

I was fully dressed and walked into a Lenscrafters store to pick up my new (girl) glasses and get them fitted, when a work acquaintance happened to be in there and spotted me as soon as I came in the door. She said, "Hi, (insert male name here)" and struck up a right regular conversation about work, her kids, the weather, whatever. She didn't acknowledge anything about the way I was dressed, although I did -- something like, "I suppose you're surprised to see me looking like this," and her answer was, "no, not really." I didn't pursue that one any further! But it didn't seem to bother her a bit. Her husband was also there, and kept a respectful distance. Both of them are very smart, very accomplished, very liberal college professor types, although I don't know if any of that really prepares you for dealing with crossdressers especially.

The two lessons I learned were, (1) that I was apparently completely recognizable even though dressed from head to toe, and (2) my friend didn't care at all or hold it against me in any way. We had several interactions at work for a couple of years after that, until her family moved away, and it never ever came up again -- except that I think we were a little closer than before and talked even more easily.

I guess I need to work on the "disguise" aspect of dressing up a bit more, though. Probably, the fact that I wear my hair pretty femme (and don't wear a wig in girl mode usually) and have long nails and permanent eye makeup makes me stand out a bit even in guy mode and means that my transformation is not an "extreme makeover," which might explain her lack of surprise.

- Diane

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    As best I can recall, I have never had anyone not recognize me even when I was fully Dressed. I don't just mean people that I know well: I also mean people I've met only two or three times before. It is discouraging in one way, in that most of us, in getting all Dressed, imagine that we look fairly different, maybe even "somewhat attractive" -- but apparently I look much the same. Lori asks whether they would know (you) and says "I don't think so"; the answer over and over again for me has been "Yes, they will know me."

I've seen someone take as much as 2 1/2 seconds to figure out where she had seen me before, but that was someone I had very seldom met before and it had been from about August until April between those times.

So far not one person has expressed any surprise at seeing me dressed. (Though to be honest, I did see some surprise in the eyes of someone I see only a few times a year, but nothing was said.) Apparently the possibility of me dressing is firmly enough within my "aura" (or whatever you want to call it) as to be not worth comment.

To want to get caught is also away of saying to yourself " i wan`t to be seen" for what i am, and i think that is in a lot of us but remember there is always the possibility that they will recognize you .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne