Thread: Nail spa

Banned Read only

Nail spa

My wife and I went to get our nails done last night. The place was empty and we went in. After we set done, people start to show up. I was in guy mode, becasue I have yet to go out dressed. I told the girl I wanted hot pink nail on my feet. She look at me like I am crazy.. She look at my wife and my wife told her "You heard my man." So after I got them painted and wanted something else on them. So I had her put on flowers. By now, the spa was pack, women and teenager was looking at like I was a freak. But who cares. I came to the conclusion that I only have to please two people, my wife and my-self and who cares about the rest. I walk next door to the Chiness place and wife was paying for the serivces. My wife came in just alittle pissed off, did not asked what happen till we were at the house. A teenager made a comment that a man should not go to the nail spa. My wife told her to mind her own and to f off. My wife told me her mother jaw just drop. LOL. I think there was alot more to the story then what my wife is telling me.

Has anyone else had any problems at spa?

Connya
    Last edited by Nikki Len; 02-19-2012 at 06:11 AM.

I've had little bad luck but changed salons once because new owner was a bia---! and mean to girl whom I always asked for.Money talks and you can go where they treat you AND your wife better.It may be racist , but I only trust Asians' work.Just walk over to the polishes and pick one:their reaction will be your cue to walk or talk.

Banned Read only
    It was other customers that had the problem. Not the spa it-self. The spa was great.
    Connya

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I have been going for a long time, It started with clear polish and progressed as time has gone on (my gateway drug) to some very bright colors and designs.
    I have gone with my wife for some years, but now go alone most times. I have had some funny looks from the nail tech but never any negative remarks. When I do travel I love going to new places and get my nails done, sometimes a manicure to go with the pedi.

I have had GGs ask if they can snap a pix with their phones and a few times ask the tech to give them the same kind of designs (with a color variation). Some of the other customers act as if I am not in the place others will talk to me the entire time.

My regular salon now is very happy to see me when I walk in. The young girl that does my toes ask if I have something in mind or what color I want… last few time I told her to pick for me. I tip well and my money is just as green and anyone's. My regular salon has told me "we like men customers, please tell all your friends we will do a great job for them as well!"

Beth
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I found a place next to my dry cleaners that ‘welcomed men’ and made an appointment for Jayne this week. As soon as I walked in, several ladies got up and left real quick. Sorry, it’s time for Jayne now.

I have arthritis in both hips so I can’t reach my feet so good. They were way past overdue for a tune-up and oil change. Her name was Judy, and she and the rest of the shop were Vietnamese. I felt bad for her. She must have scraped about a pound and a half of dead skin off my feet. She even said a couple of times: you see how much!? showing me the dead skin on the brush. I’ve asked my wife several times to do this for me, but she just laughs at me.

So I just played it cool and asked if I could pick the color of polish. She played along and seemed to sense that I was enjoying myself and having fun. She even said I looked beautiful!

So, this was three firsts for me.

It was the first time I ever had a manicure….it was nice.

It was the first time I had ever tried something in public that was obviously just for me….. and not for “my wife”. I’ve bought tons of things from regular stores that are for: her. But I said, this makes me feel good and I don’t care if I get funny looks from people. She giggled.

And third, it was the first time I have ever been called beautiful. I said thank you. Now, I’m no dummy. I know she was just practicing good sales techniques. But it made me feel pretty And it was quite profitable for her……she got a good tip.

I had to use nail polish remover on the fingernails the next day to go to work, but my toenails are still a lovely shade of pink.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

My very first Mani/Peddi was a few weeks ago while on vacation. The salon was really great, clean, professional, and the service was top notch. I had the asian salon professional choose a color for me after I had given a few suggestions. She ended up picking a really nice mauve color for both my toes and fingers. I had even gotten a gel manicure. The Gel polish is sure a lot of work to remove!

The appointment went over two hours so I had some time to chat with the salon girl. She said that it was not uncommon for girls like myself to come in for their nails and she hoped I come back on a regular basis.

I never had a problem , But I have had some take a second look and smle

I use to do my own nails at home because i was a little concern about reactions some women may have about me invading there social gathering space..but i got over it ..The first couple of times i got some jacked up looks and a few comments from other customers and even a few remarks from the some of the naill techs..All that stopped when they found out that i dropped nice tips on them when they did a good job ....Now i get the deluxe treatment they even order me up colors and call when i am overdue...

"I came to the conclusion that I only have to please two people, my wife and my-self and who cares about"

I came to the same conclusion

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Connya View Post
    It was other customers that had the problem. Not the spa it-self. The spa was great. Connya
    That's pretty much what my experience was too. The place I went to was Vietnamese and they had no problem, or that's to say, they made feel like it was no big deal for them. Some of the other customers though .. well, they didn't actually say anything to my face, but they sure made me feel uncomfortable because of their stares.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I go to a nail salon where the manicurist accepts me and are very nice and friendly. Sometimes I get strange looks from other customers like if my nails are pink or bright red but that's their problem not mine. I did go to another salon closer to home and I did not feel very welcomed there so that was a first and last time. I go to places where the people treat me with respect. After all I just had my nails filled, a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed and dropped 70 bucks with tip.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I have had pretty good luck getting fingernails done. Particularly if you go to the same place and tip well, they can be very nice and accommodating!

I first started getting manicures when I finally decided to try to do something about a permanently split nail. They recommended a nail treatment to strengthen the nails and did a silk wrap on the split nail. I did that for a while and then asked for a pedicure too and had them put the same nail treatment on my toes. When I first asked them to put color on my toes, they gave me funny looks and asked if I was serious, but did their job and still kept talking to me. I have seen other men in the salons getting mani-pedi's, but with no color.

Now I make it a point to always talk with whomever is close to me (actually I am compelled to do that!), the nail techs and fellow customers. They have all been great conversations as my toes go from plain to pretty with the addition of some nice color. If you act like you belong there, everyone will eventually get that message and forget about the color on your nails and concentrate on the person. If they feel comfortable enough they might even ask why, there the door really opens wide for all of us.

There are alot of tricks you can do when ya first go in an get em done,, First pick out the color you want them done in an bring it to the chair ,, No mistaking what you want ,,, Bring in a paper or book or magazine to read an you can hold it up or even hide behind an you wont have to look at the other people in there and what they are doing, That way once the shock wears off thay will just live an let live . An last but not LEAST TIP alot then you no for sure the girls in the salon are on your side from then on, Just a few tips for some of the girls on here that havent went yet ,, Ya dont know what your missing an its so girly too .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I have posed many times here that going to a nail salon in drabe and getting a pedicure with red toenails is not a big deal. Do some googling and you will see that many celebs, baseball players, basketball players, race car drivers, and even Johnny Depp are wearing colored nail polish. The fear is really in your own mind. If you go into the salon full of fear and everyone can feel that fear, then you will certainly get strange looks. If you are at ease and just act like all of the other girls then you will have a wonderful and relaxing experience. I especially like to go to the salon when it is really busy and there are men and women customers so that everyone can see that I am getting bright red nail polish on my toes. I enjoy sitting at the nail drying station with my feet in the nail dryer because I can talk with the other ladies in the salon. I have had many good discussions about nail color and nail designs. I always wear women's sandals to my nail appointments and the nail techs are always interested in my shoes and two of the nail techs even bought sandals like the sandals that I was wearing. The nail salon is a place that is a sanctuary of femininity and I am always treated as one of the girls and I always leave with 10 bright red or hot pink toenails that I proudly display in open-toe sandals whenever I'm not at work. It is a wonderful experience and I recommend that everyone should try it and proudly wear you sandals to show-off your brightly colored toes.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    Here is a few pics of the paint job;

BEST STORY EVER!

My aunt owns a nail and hair salon. I would go once a week and get my hair cut (she cuts hair and others do the nails) and my nails done. There was 1 instance where she wasn't there and she knew I was dropping in so she wasn't too worried. I went in for my usual and as I was sitting there talking to Kirsta, a woman walked in and said that she wants to get her nails done, but she was nervous that I was in there. Now, I live in a tourist town, all the city people (rochester) come down and live on our precious lakes (I live on Keuka lake). She walked in and I could tell she was from the city. She said that her and her friends just bought a cottage on the lake and want to get their nails done here all the time from now on, but she wanted to talk to the owner about discounts. They called my aunt and talked. She hung up, took another look and saw me. She asked the manager on duty (Sarah) if guys come here a lot. Sarah just said, not usually, but occasionally. The lady then says, well it is wrong for a guy to be here and getting his nails done. At this point, I'm tuned in and I hear what is going on. Sarah said to her, Chris is one of our favorite people in the world and we love that he comes in every week to hang out with us for a few hours (yeah... im a gossip, sue me.) The lady says, "He comes in here weekly?!?!" Sarah just nodded her head. The woman then turns to me and says, "Hey, Faggot, get out of here. This is a girls salon, not for boys like you and your boyfriend." I was enraged at this point. I stood up out of my chair and said, "You listen here, Lady, for one, I am not gay. For 2, you are from the city so we honestly don't give a **** about you or your friends. Really, us locals hate you and wish you to leave. All you do is jam up our traffic. Thirdly, you can get the **** out of here and never come back. This is a family owned business, and guess who is a member of the family? So, take your stupid friends somewhere else because we are not ever going to serve you, ever." She walked to her car and slammed the door so hard she broke the glass. ahahhaa... it was priceless, especially when I went outside and told her she is going to have to move her car because our rush hour was about to start.

What goes around comes around, Ladies. Remember that.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I've never gone to have my nails done, but I want to soon! For now, I just do them myself or have my wife do them (she's very accepting). Now I am feeling inspired - out comes the nail polish box!
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Marie View Post
    BEST STORY EVER!

My aunt owns a nail and hair salon. I would go once a week and get my hair cut (she cuts hair and others do the nails) and my nails done. There was 1 instance where she wasn't there and she knew I was dropping in so she wasn't too worried. I went in for my usual and as I was sitting there talking to Kirsta, a woman walked in and said that she wants to get her nails done, but she was nervous that I was in there. Now, I live in a tourist town, all the city people (rochester) come down and live on our precious lakes (I live on Keuka lake). She walked in and I could tell she was from the city. She said that her and her friends just bought a cottage on the lake and want to get their nails done here all the time from now on, but she wanted to talk to the owner about discounts. They called my aunt and talked. She hung up, took another look and saw me. She asked the manager on duty (Sarah) if guys come here a lot. Sarah just said, not usually, but occasionally. The lady then says, well it is wrong for a guy to be here and getting his nails done. At this point, I'm tuned in and I hear what is going on. Sarah said to her, Chris is one of our favorite people in the world and we love that he comes in every week to hang out with us for a few hours (yeah... im a gossip, sue me.) The lady says, "He comes in here weekly?!?!" Sarah just nodded her head. The woman then turns to me and says, "Hey, Faggot, get out of here. This is a girls salon, not for boys like you and your boyfriend." I was enraged at this point. I stood up out of my chair and said, "You listen here, Lady, for one, I am not gay. For 2, you are from the city so we honestly don't give a **** about you or your friends. Really, us locals hate you and wish you to leave. All you do is jam up our traffic. Thirdly, you can get the **** out of here and never come back. This is a family owned business, and guess who is a member of the family? So, take your stupid friends somewhere else because we are not ever going to serve you, ever." She walked to her car and slammed the door so hard she broke the glass. ahahhaa... it was priceless, especially when I went outside and told her she is going to have to move her car because our rush hour was about to start.

What goes around comes around, Ladies. Remember that.

That was great. Good for you. As for the women problems with men having thier nails done, that's their problems. I don't care anymore but to make me happy and my wife happy.
    Connya