Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the "last straw" that made you come out to SO?

What was the "last straw" that made you come out to SO?

Coming out to a SO has to be one of the toughest decisions a CDer ever makes. The emotions, the potential stress on a relationship, etc. What finally made you brave enough to tell and be willing to deal with all that might have follow??

For me it was the urge/need to shave my legs. You can hide a lot from a SO, but it is tough to hide hair-free legs (at least mine). When I took that step, I knew I had to be willing to reveal my other side. I thought the marriage was strong enough to get through it and luckily I was correct.

just got tired of hiding it.............and i felt it was wrong to lie to her anymore.

This one is easy for me....I wanted my marriage to last. I love my wife and I always said I respected her. Well I wasn't respecting her if I was lying to her. She deserves honesty and trust and if I wasn't giving that to her then our marriage was not where it should be. She is a beautiful, kind, caring, loving, and understanding woman. Hiding things from her was not the way to go. It is a relief to me to get it off of my chest to her, but I am more relieved that the hiding and lying to her is over. It has made my marriage stronger and we are both a lot happier now that I can be completely honest with her. This is truly the woman I plan to spend my eternity with and I am so lucky to have her. Bunches and Bunches.
    Allison Kat

Live Life by Sharing Your Life..

Yes I am a princess. At least that's what they call me. lol

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    To me the last straw was wanting to be totally honest with her. I told her that I was a crossdresser when I proposed to her. She accepted me "as is," and we had a very happy almost 50 years together before cancer took her! I am very glad that I told her when I did!! Honesty between man and wife is always the best policy!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

At the time i needed to spend a lot of time home with my wife so there was no " on my own time" to do what i had to do to feel normal which was mainly wearing skirts at that time , she knew about the underwear so i thought that i would take a gamble and tell her , i think i was thinking of myself more than her so i guess the last straw was not having the "myself time" ( not good)
    Instead of doing it occasionally i assumed i would be able to do it at any time once she knew ,did not quite work out like that should i be surprised.
    Last edited by Joanne f; 02-17-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Actuallty it was the easiest decission in my life... I screwed up.. She found some of my things... Asked "who's skirts are these". "Mine... I like to crossdress".... Boooommmmm... That was almost 7 years ago... I regretted her finding out just about every one of those 2,500 days...
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-20-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It was after my wife had shaved my legs (her idea) and helped me to dress in her clothes, wig and makeup. I had been dressing with her for a few weeks, and she asked why I liked it. She thought I was pretty. So I told her.
    DonnaT

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A victim of late onset cross dressing (yes, I do feel that I was cheated out of those younger years) the three months of keeping it to myself once I started were the hardest months of 41 years of marriage with no secrets and no trust issues. This almost made it mandatory that I tell her. No one item triggered it because it all was so new to me. I had not even thought about what was going on.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    I loved dressing all my life; but had limited time because of a thousand reasons.
    My first wife hated it from the start. I told here just before we where married. At the time
    she seemed OK with it to a point. Generally I was just wearing a girdle or an all in one
    on the weekends. I was working Construction, and any under dressing was not going to
    happen. We got divorced 9 years later, 75% because of my CDing.
    I was single for about 15 years, until met my wife, about 6 weeks into our courtship,
    I had her over for a cook out on an summer weekend. It started to storm, so we came
    inside. I was soaking wet, and told her I was going to change out of the wet clothes.
    She Said, "Why don't you put on some thing sexy"
    Well I did, a short pleaded skirt, and top with bra and small forms.
    I came down stairs, and she said "Well look at you"
    She was hit with the cold bucket of water, but she is totally OK with my dressing.
    We where married about 6 months later, and now for 18 years.
    Rader

As I was wrestling with the common grief and shame, I began to be more distant and unreachable. She thought I was having an affair, and confronted me about it. I figured if I told her, she might stay. If I didn't tell her and let her keep guessing, I would lose her for sure. Telling her was the most difficult sentence I have spoken in my life, it was Friday, September 11th, 2009 at 5:35 PM. Interestingly, shortly thereafter, I lost most of the guilt and shame.

Anna

It was after I had a heart attack in 2007 I decided life was too short to carry on hiding the other side of me. It was a life changing event in many ways with regard to work and family life as well as the revelation to my wife. She has come to accept it to a fair degree and I am happy with this situation. I take small steps and know now when to back off, not to push it too fast.
    Christine.
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Banned Read only
    Actually when my then two year old toddler daughter open the bottom draw of my dresser and pulled a red bra out of my lingerie box.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It was the stress—Stress—STRESS—of knowing that one day it would all catch up with me. It seemed that she was more relieved than I was. All the odd behaviour started to make sense to her. It was a stress relief to her also. Over the years she has grown more accepting, which is nice for the both of us. In many ways it has caused both of us to be more open and upfront with each other.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My last straw came with the realization that the depression and mood swings caused by not being able to talk about it was negatively affecting our marriage. It wasn't going to get better, so it was definitely time to talk about it. I knew that it was likely to hurt her, but she was already being hurt by my moodiness and at least with things out in the open we could deal with it better.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Karen,

I love your spirit so much.
    Even aside from the cd, jeans and hockey stuff, you are such an inspiration as a person.
    Your outlook on life is so positive and your style and sense of humor are amazing.

I wonder sometimes if you still like your wife.....

It doesn't sound like she is very accepting of Karen and that must take a toll on you and your marriage.
    Please forgive me if I am being to personal.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I got so sick and angry of being the kind of person who would deliberately omit and misdirect and sometimes even lie, that I determined that I would tell her if she ever asked. But it Wasn't A Good Time -- she was dealing with a seriously (terminally) ill father. I couldn't add to her burdens. But then in one of the times back from visiting her parents, she went looking for something she thought was stored downstairs, and found my part of my stash, and came up and asked me about it. My first instinct was to deny... so were my next three or four instincts. But I'd promised myself, so I replied by saying, "Oh, so that's where they got to." And so we talked for hours that day, and things turned out to be workable after all.

With her father being so sick, I don't know when I would have said anything if she hadn't asked. It hurt to keep it inside, but it would also have hurt to have blurted it out.

It happened because my wife was dealing with depression. During some of the darkest times, before good medical control, she would elevate me to this undeserved level and express regrets that she didn't rise to that level. Depression will eat your mind and self esteem. She was dead wrong. So what could I do to help her realize the feet of clay? I told her that she was not the only one in the family who had a mental problem to cope with and that I did not deserve the sainthood. We were and are equal. The hard wiring in us may be different and something we did not ask for, but it is what it is. We cope. She helps. I help. Still going strong after 45 years.
    Laura

As with babes I was a late starter. Curiosity got the better of me and I started trying on my wife's clothes. After 2 weeks of wearing her bra"s and underwear to work (it was winter) I felt I could not live a lie to my wife. I love her way too much for that. Was it an easy conversation??? HELL NO..... But after telling her she tried to understand even going as far as buying me some pretty dress"s and my own underwear... I took it too fast too soon which is why she is dissaproving about my dressing now but she has her moments when she says why don't you get dressed tonight. 2yrs on and still taking baby steps hoping that one day she will come to accept me as me a little more. Underdressing is now no longer an issue to her as I do it very day. I couldn't bear to lose my soulmate.

Banned Read only
    It was no physical thing for me. I already shaved my legs, for example, but I could feel myself pushing her away. There was only one thing between us that was causing this. I also grew weary of worrying about my wife finding my bag. Basically the hiding became worse than the telling. But I will add that I may be hiding still if not for this site and a few brave people who helped me get to the goal. Talking to my wife was the best thing I ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I regretted her finding out just abour every one of those 2,500 days...
    Karren, I have a question if you don't mind. First, i like the new hair. It looks fun. Now, the question. Do you regret because she found out and you wanted to be the one to tell her or because you never wanted to tell her?
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-18-2012 at 06:55 AM.

I told my wife 6 months into dating her. Not necassarly as a last straw more as a need to be honest with her. I was wearing panties 24/7 except for when I was on a date with her. Figured if she stayed at my place sooner or later she might open a drawer or two when I wasn't there and discover something she might not like. She accepts it and participates to some extent, buying undies and a other things for me. She has only seen me fully dressed with makeup and wig once but other than that I can wear what I want when I want. She is great in that regard.

The guilt of hiding things from my wife was getting to me. Plus I began to realize that it was very likely that someday she would find out. Sooner or later something was bound to go wrong. In therapy I began to realize that I had transgendered issues it was then that I knew I had to tell her. I was hard to do but worth it. Now we both realize that my suppression of this side of me was affecting our relationship. She is somewhat supportive but appears to be improving. Even if someday it comes back to haunt me and it ends the relationship I still will not regret telling her. There is peace in being open with her.

AnitaH

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

When I first met my wife we began to develop a very close relationship quite quickly. We spent a lot of time together and we shared all our thoughts and secrets, even things we wouldn't tell anyone else. So naturally cding was one of the things I shared with her, and she was fine with it. Maybe because there was so much other heavy stuff going down in our lives that the issue of cding almost paled in comparison.

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    It was this forum. My wife was checking the history on my laptop because our daughter had used it and she was checking to see where she'd been when she saw this site. She asked me if I had visited the site and I told her I had. I'd made a decision that if she ever asked me about cross dressing I would tell the truth. I told her I am a cross dresser and tried to explain to her that it had nothing to do wiht her, that it was all about me. That was almost a year ago. She doesn't ask about it but she hasn't accepted it either. Our relationship is forever changed and she doesn't look at me the same or feel the same about me. I don't know if our relationship will ever recover.

Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    just got tired of hiding it.............and i felt it was wrong to lie to her anymore.
    A big Ditto here from me.
    I kept stealing time from her to dress and putting aside things that had to be done for those few minutes I could enjoy myself and the guilt just got to be too much.
    Now I can dress whenever I want so it's no longer an issue. Things get done when they have to and we spend more time together.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Our relationship going from casual dating to talk of marriage and spending our lives together. She deserved to and had a right to know about everything. Also I wanted to share this part of me with her.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth