Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, the irony...

Oh, the irony...

Hi everyone

Earlier this week at work, A group of coworkers (maybe five including myself) were joking around and the topic of crossdressing came up. It was more on the side of teasing, but another guy and myself were singled out as ones who went home and wore dresses. "Hey Mercury, I bet you go home and dance around in a bright, red dress!" is an example. I responded that "I only do that on weekends!" We were all laughing and the conversation moved on to other stuff. No one suspected I was telling the truth, but it was privately ironic and funny (Just to be clear, no one was offended, and we are always jabbing at each other for fun to make the work more enjoyable). I work on a production floor in assembly, and its mostly a male environment (only one female in 20 in our department).

So getting to my main question, what are some similar situations you have been in, and how have you handled them?
    “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
    ― Charles Darwin

The guys were teasing each other and giving everyone female names and when they came to me they give Glenda the name I have been using for more years than I can remember. And they still use it today to call for me on the shop floor. This all start 7 years ago. I still wonder if someone knows.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

So getting to my main question, what are some similar situations you have been in, and how have you handled them?
    I have been in the same situation as you have and handled it pretty much the same as you did. I admit to wearing them and that only on certain days lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

When clowning around at work the women will sometimes say would you wear this or that out of a womans magazine and I always reply yes, and if I wear a wig I would make a fortune. (as a professional lady).
    They don't have a clue.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have more than once been called one of the girls by actual girls lol.I do enjoy it when i am called that and i wonder if somehow they can tell ?
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I am a marshal at motorcycle race meetings.
    One day another marshal remarked about how slim I am.
    ‘You should see me in a slinky dress’ I said.
    That got a laugh from all the marshals there. And then I did a twirl all girly.

If they only knew!

Isn’t life fun Mercury.

SUZY

I think it's funny when we girls admit something that's true people think we're just being silly. I go thru it every week. hahaha

Yes, I too have dropped the "only on weekends" bit when the subject comes up as a point of humor. What a lie! I dress way more than only on weekends! LOL

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I've joked about it myself on occasion,because I really think nobody in my office would think of me in that way in a million years. When one young woman was teasing me for wearing an almost identical red sweater as another guy at this year's Holiday party, I pointed at her silky black dress and said: "You should be grateful- I almost wore THAT!
    Of course there was laughter all around, but the fact was, I would've give my eye teeth for the dress she was wearing.

I joke like that with the girls at work about makeup, saying things like "It isn't my color" and so on, and usually I am serious, though of course they don't know it.....Stephanie

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    The women I work with occasionally remark on my clothing (I wear girl jeans, girl jackets), not sure they're always joking! They probably suspect, but I'm OK with that.

Banned Read only
    Whenever I drop off the dry cleaning there is always one of my dresses or skirts in there, the lady always says "I bet you look good in that." An I always respond,"Yep, but I have the legs for it." When I return something to a store that I have bought via the web, I get the same teasing and I give the same response. No one ever thinks it more than a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hi everyone

Earlier this week at work, A group of coworkers (maybe five including myself) were joking around and the topic of crossdressing came up. It was more on the side of teasing, but another guy and myself were singled out as ones who went home and wore dresses. "Hey Mercury, I bet you go home and dance around in a bright, red dress!" is an example. I responded that "I only do that on weekends!" We were all laughing and the conversation moved on to other stuff. No one suspected I was telling the truth, but it was privately ironic and funny (Just to be clear, no one was offended, and we are always jabbing at each other for fun to make the work more enjoyable). I work on a production floor in assembly, and its mostly a male environment (only one female in 20 in our department).

What I'd really be interested in finding out is if that one GG among your group on the production floor even wears dresses and skirts herself. Somehow, I'm thinking NOT! Ah, the irony, indeed...

Nothing that exact has happend. I do work with more women than men normally. We were talking about Halloween costumes people were going to where to work. (Thats normally the day I dont work..
    Anyhow one of them suggested I dress as dorothy (from the wizard of oz) .. I just repsonded I will think about that. Nothing much was said after that.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

My favourite line is that I dress at weekends when I am talking to friends and colleagues. I don't think they suspect, although I have banged into some when underdressed and have wondered if they have noticed!

Last week, one of the guys (D is 86) at the pool said, "Look at all that pit hair C has."

"Yea, so?" says I.

Then C says, "D doesn't have any. Never has."

So I say, raising my arms, "Neither do I!"

C asks, "How come?"

I replied, "I prefer to shave them."

Neither one have asked about my legs.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne Renee View Post
    Anyhow one of them suggested I dress as Dorothy (from the wizard of oz) ..
    Given your avatar's photo and her hair color (I'm jealous!), another one might be Batgirl. I confess that as a brunette, I've dressed up as both Catwoman and Wonder Woman in years past ...

I'm always doing this at work, especially the 'weekends' line. Most common example is with my one friend who constantly makes comments about my legs being like a woman's due to fact they're shaved and I always tell her it's so they look better with my dresses. Cue hearty chuckles for her and inner smiles for me. Got to love hiding in plain sight.

I get called Princess at work....It's not due to anything that I let on about dressing. It started because I called someone princess and they didn't like it so they had everyone start calling me that. When they say it I just answer like it's my name. They have no clue that I actually like being called a Princess.
    Allison Kat

Live Life by Sharing Your Life..

Yes I am a princess. At least that's what they call me. lol

I have also said things about "wearing a dress only in private" around women when that topic comes up and like others have said, it gets a laugh. Little do they know that the panties I'm wearing are probably sexier than the ones they are wearing.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Last week I had picked up three pair of pantyhose and when I was paying for them the cashier said to me " That shade will look good on you" I very sincerely said, Yes it will when I am wearing the skirt with it" She laughed and finished ringing up my purchase, if she only knew!!!!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

A woman at work came in wearing a bright multi colored blouse and I made a comment "I like your blouse". She said she'd let me borrow it so I could wear it. I said "yeah I'd wear it". Then she said that I never returned her other clothes! I can't even remember how I replied, but I decided not to compliment her anymore.

Could it be one of her former husbands was a cross dresser? I suspect the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita D View Post
    When one young woman was teasing me for wearing an almost identical red sweater as another guy at this year's Holiday party, I pointed at her silky black dress and said: "You should be grateful- I almost wore THAT!
    That is the greatest line here yet! Love It!
    Sally

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Where I used to work, we always used to tease each other...all in fun. One of the guys on the shop floor ended up marrying a girl from the office that was all business...short hair, very authorative, everyone assumed she was a lesbian. One time I said to the guy "I bet your wife makes you wear a skirt at home" (little did he know that's what I did!)...he replied "I wish!".
    I found out about a year later through a mutual friend (that knows about me dressing), that he does crossdress, but he would never let his wife know!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Gold Member
    My team was huddled around a local magazine talking about an ad. I looked over their shoulders and saw a listing for a local drag contest. I said it was no biggie and I could be in the running in that contest.

While it is certainly fun to throw the truth out in the disguise of a joke, you do have to be careful. Do it too much and you will probably no longer be hiding. Of course, if that is what you want..... But the joking can be sooooo much fun.