Thread: Male Voice Experiences...

Male Voice Experiences...

Those of you that go out in public in 100% femme, go shopping and talk to SA's, have conversations while standing in line for the ladies room, go to restaurants and order, do you have a masculine voice that is 100% obvious when talking or do you try and hide your voice???

Please, no theories here, this is all about personal experiences that will help others gain confidence.

I will start:

I personally don't have a very low voice, but I do hit the male tones if you will. Right now, I do not try to hide it. I've been shopping, talking to SA's, and ordered in restaurants and drive thru's. If they had any doubt before, the minute I opened my mouth confirmed their suspicion. Sometimes a few strange looks, but no one has ever been rude.

Miriam
    I'm fortunate enough to have a fairly soft alto natural voice (always sang tenor), but it tends to get more "male" when I'm angry ... or have a cold. Haven't tried it "out" yet, but think I'd do all right as long as I keep my temper.

Miriam

I also don't have a particularly deep voice, but when out en femme I do find that I tend to soften it somewhat; I'm not even 100% conscious of doing it, it just comes out a bit softer

No one realy took notice of my voice when in public as a woman,but as a male i got funny stares, at school i got bullied due to my female voice, a interview for a job on the phone ,they couldnt beleve i was a guy.it was such a curse.BUT now im so glad of my voice,its the one thing that can pass as a woman 100% of the time

I use my male voice, I think any attempts I do at trying to have a female voice sound silly but I will say I've never found my voice to cause anyone to have an averse reaction, I can't recall even a flinch. It might be different if someone were 100% convincible as a female in every single inch of appearance and mannerisms and then the boy voice came out, but I think thats unlikely to occur.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I try to speak softly, mainly from mouth not from my throat or chest. Not sure if it is believable but my wife and I have been to the Westin, Olive Garden, Olive Grove and Hooters and we have been addressed as "ladies" and been "maamed"

Tina

Maybe not an answer to your post, but an experience none-the-less.

I don't crossdress or live as a woman. However, I've been exploring my inner girl by playing a tgirl in SecondLife. Just recently, I've been playing with voice morphing in SecondLife. Meaning, I use a voice translator to turn my male voice into a female voice to match my avatar. What's surprising to me is how this changes the way I talk. My mannerisms and such. I don't "try" to act feminine. It comes natural, and I love it.

Now for the experience...coughs...mind you, I'm a regular guy in real life. I was getting gas this morning and had to go inside to get a receipt. Because I was playing SecondLife late last night, I was just use to....well...talking like a girl. Instinctively, when I asked for a gas receipt, my voice came out sounding dainty and rather feminine....my eye bulged as I caught myself....as well as the attention of a few other patrons in the store. I casually accepted the receipt and turn to leave...catching the eyes of a few people as I left. Made me realize I need to keep that voice in check.

I try to hide it by speaking more softly and watching my intonation and pitch, but I'm not sure I'm that successful. Fortunately, at this juncture I don't really care. It is just what is and I can live with that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I, too, do not have an obviously male voice. I do make a few adjustments to my voice and speech when I am out en femme. Apparently, I am successful as no one has ever made any comment or given any indication that they became "suspicious" as a result of my talking to them.
    Hugs, Carole

I don't try to change my voice much. Maybe a little less chesty and try just going a little softer and just a bit higher in pitch. Do I pass probably not, but I never have been mistreated either. Give respect and you get respect.

My speaking voice is a natural baritone, and when singing I can go to bass if needed. However when en femme I'm able to soften my baritone to a low alto. I've never been questioned or got sideways glances from others, so I must be doing something right.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I may speak in softer tones, however I dont try to change my voice much. Heck I figure looking at me they know already what I am!

I do the best I can to "soften it up and tone it down",but that's about it.Some of the girls at the recently held "First Event"gathering,sounded like old ladies with marbles in their mouths..that can happen as well.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I've got quite the male voice, but I've never had an issue with talking while dressed.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

I try to avoid talking. But it doesn't fail, I'm always ma'am'd. I'm soft spoken, so I'm told, but I can't for the life of me get the hang of a femme voice. I've watched the you tube videos, I sound like a gayer Urkel. Or I might sound like Mickey Mouse, with a queer gay lisp. sssss

Since my goal is to always go out to meet others and have great conversations, my almost femme voice doesn't really last long as I am always more into the conversation and much less into how my voice sounds. I try and probably fail most of the time.

I try to soften it and raise the pitch slightly. I don't want to go too far and end up sounding like one of the Pepperpots on MPFC! I still consider my voice to be a work in progress.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    When out in the general public I soften my voice (try to take the bass out, and unfortunately with it the ability to project my voice very loudly), it might help me pass a bit better though I doubt I am really fooling anyone.

Hi Jane!

I interact with all sorts of people when I'm out and about, even sustained conversations with others who only know me as a woman.

Like Cheryl T, I soften my voice and use typically female ittonations and variations of tone and pitch. But at least as importantly, I make eye contact and smile when I am speaking to someone, along with feminine variations on words and sentence structure.

Women have voices, behaviors, vocabularies, and sentence structure combinations that go all the way from "rather masculine" to "very feminine." I try to stay on the feminine side of female average and, apparently, it works because I virtually never get even a flicker of an odd glance.

How "male" is my ordinary voice? Have you ever noticed how male radio DJs usually have deeper, more resonant voices? Well, I was a radio DJ as well as an executive who was used to using his "command" voice most of the time.

Hope that helps with what you are looking for.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi,

I am a very public person. talked to many people in large meetings am involved with one of our groups of over 250 people, so i am well known. have been a singer for many years, so know my range,

I have some women friends whos voices are lower than mine yes i can bawl out like a sergent when needed, yet in the main my voice is inline as a woman most people dont have any issues as to who i am so if i was judged on my voice .
    A bit like my masculine facial features that i cant change tho my voice is passable as far as it goes being a woman.

& really when it comes down to it you are accepted for who you are, as a person , i am so my looks & voice dont come in to it people who are wise will look beyond what they see or hear, & accept the real person.

Thats my experance as a female & as a woman.

...noeleena...