Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walken in the door and...........

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    "do you know gpa likes to dress up like a lady?"
    LOL. Things can be so simple for 19 year olds. He's not thinking of any repercussions, any motives, he just made a comment on what he saw. He's in the moment. And as long as all the adults in his world are OK with it, then he will be too.

Gotta love 19 year olds.
    Reine

Debra, Congratulations on keeping your calm and keeping your integrity. Now one of the concerns you all had has been eliminated and the earth did not quake. Sounds like a wonderful outcome to a potential problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Is this close enough?

OMG!!! I feel this searing pain ripping through my eyeballs...

Sadly, this is the type of image that many people still have of crossdressers. We still have a lot of educating to do, but we are making progress. The outcry over ABC's recent bomb "Work It" which was yanked after just two ignominious episodes is a testament to that.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post

Speaking of which, when did that handsome, fresh-faced young man who was the Christopher Walken we knew in "The Deer Hunter" turn into this spooky alien whom we now associate that name?
    I think it was around the time he played the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow. Tim Burton is adept at bringing out the creepier side of people. Its a good kind of creepiness, tho.

About the same time as you (Debra) had this exposure to your grandson, I was cominbg back from a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply and, lo and behold, my daugters car is in parked in the front yard. I drove into the non-connected garage, let the dog out of the car and went into the house through the bedroom door. Daughter said howdy to the dog, yelled hello to me from the computer room and that was it. I changed, washed and carried on like it was a normal day. I have good reason to think she knows but does not really want to deal with my feminan side. BTW, the SO knows and is tollerant but not real supportive.
    joank
    Southern California

That is truly a classic story. Maybe an Academy Award. Maybe you should be on the Red carpet you look great. Thanks for sharing.
    The shorter the skirt and higher the heel makes this girl happy.

Congratulations, you did it and you look so pretty.

Doesn't it seem, that these days, younger people are more tolerant of "different" lifestyles than people in the past???
    Young people have the opportunity to go onto the "web" and see everything everyone else see's. I'm a submissive to my wife and most women, and of course there are sites for this, CD'sing.... you name it, its there for all to see.
    Lots of hugs

Karen Marie

Well it was an expierence. The only thing was my wife mentioned that I needed to have a talk with my g-son but she diden't see his response - he was a little like, well OK, and I think he is all right - no bad reaction or anything and life is normal - as it gets I guess. I know when I told my g-daughter (19 at the time ) she was like "right-on g-pa, cool" and we went shopping - my very best day cd,ing ever.

It was a little like I say - being caught with your pants down and not really embarressing but more a loss of what to say - the only way to apporach that is straight on truthful to the point with out shame - I did the best I could on the spur of the moment. I thing we are all fine

Thank you all for your compliments. I really hoped I diden't look like a freek when he saw me and as he said he thought I was one of G-mas wierd friends and thats OK he thinks all of her friends are wierd - teenagers what do they know, except g-paw dressess like a lady.........................Debra

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    ... one of G-mas wierd friends and thats OK he thinks all of her friends are wierd - teenagers what do they know, except g-paw dressess like a lady.........................Debra
    The great thing is that one day, although neither you nor I will be around to see it, your grandson (and my grand kids) will be looking back at life from where we see it, and probably think neither, gma, her friends nor gpa were all that weird. They were just enjoying life while they still could. And of course, I hope he does the same.