Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telling people you like to dress

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    My wifes makes me do it ,, Im a sissy, I got a hormone inbalance I look like a woman and no one will leave me alone so thats why. Womans clothes just fit be better ,, Well I have to wear makeup or ill just look stupid ,, I have KLINFELDERS an my body tells itself im female. Someone gave me a bunch of womans clothes an I didnt want them to go to waste, I wear high heels cuz I have a bad back so I wear the rest of the outfits so I will blend in , Everybody always said I looked like a girl anyway, Been takeing some acting classes an almost have it down ,, Dont ya think so , Im a private dick in my off time ,, Pretty dam good diquise ,, Hell its almost HALLOWEEN ,, DUH,, Lost a bet an have to do this crap for a year ,, Sucks HUH,, Hidding from the LAW ,, Should I go on ???
    OH yea a couple more if ya dont mind ,,,,, Shaaaa Im trying to catch someone in the act !!! My wife wears my stuff !! But seriously realy I dont think you should say NOTHING let your wardrobe speak LOUDLY !!! ENOUGH SAID !!! If they dont get it ,,,, That what the internets for ,,, Or maybe the JERRY SPRINGER show
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Some people I have just told them that enjoy dressing in women's clothes. To some others I have just come out dressed, in most cases that kind of brings it out in the open. Then there are others that were told by my other friends (with my knowledge).

A friend of mine told me he was gay, he was surprised that I accepted it, six of his other friends treat him like he has the plague.
    He does not know about me but he saw me dressed for a party some years ago.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As I read JUST your first sentence I thought "Wow this girl has a lot of troubles" Then I read the whole post and realized your intent.
    hehehe I think I liked it just reading the first part... hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    My wifes makes me do it ,, Im a sissy, I got a hormone inbalance I look like a woman and no one will leave me alone so thats why. Womans clothes just fit be better ,, Well I have to wear makeup or ill just look stupid ,, I have KLINFELDERS an my body tells itself im female. Someone gave me a bunch of womans clothes an I didnt want them to go to waste, I wear high heels cuz I have a bad back so I wear the rest of the outfits so I will blend in , Everybody always said I looked like a girl anyway, Been takeing some acting classes an almost have it down ,, Dont ya think so , Im a private dick in my off time ,, Pretty dam good diquise ,, Hell its almost HALLOWEEN ,, DUH,, Lost a bet an have to do this crap for a year ,, Sucks HUH,, Hidding from the LAW ,, Should I go on ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    Some people I have just told them that enjoy dressing in women's clothes. To some others I have just come out dressed, in most cases that kind of brings it out in the open. Then there are others that were told by my other friends (with my knowledge).
    How did the friends telling friends thing work? Did the people that were told ever come to you with questions?
    Being dressed up is much better if you have someone else to admire and enjoy it with you.

------------------------------------------------------
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
    - Alice Kingsley

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaLace View Post
    How did the friends telling friends thing work? Did the people that were told ever come to you with questions?
    I'm going to jump in here Lola as this is the first time I have seen this and I am playing catch up.

There are two ways that friends of friends know about me. One is that I don't tell anyone unless I allow them someone else to talk to. This prevents the situation where I am making someone keep my secret. My wife got to tell a friend. My daughter told her best friend. And so on.... None of those people have asked me anything and in some cases, I don't know the extra person.

The second way is pretty much the first, but amplified because my youngest daughter is the one involved. Everytime she had a new boyfriend (weekly), he knew. She went to visit her biological sister in another state (she is adopted) right after I told her. I started getting text messages asking for a link to Sue's Facebook. I told her straight up "You told them and want to show a picture, don't you?" Busted. And she told all her girlfriends. But out of all of her friends, I have either heard nothing, or some of the girlfriends will talk casually with me about clothes and the like.

I do disagree with some premises above that say more often than not the change in the relationship becomes worse. I haven't had one even tilt towards being worse. In my opinion, it is all about who you tell and how you do it. The decision to tell is obviously yours. If you feel you need to share, then certainly do. If there are negative consequences, then be ready. But also enjoy the positive outcomes. It is something to think about because it can't be undone. But I don't go for the blanket "don't tell anybody". Some of us feel quite comfortable sharing this side of us.

I havent really told anyone except my wife. If I were going to tell someone else I think it would be better to be straight forward and honest though. It would have to be someone I thought could accept it though.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Quote Originally Posted by LolaLace View Post
    Well actually they haven't yet. I was invited to their house along with my friends to their house for New Years Eve. All of the people who were going all know I dress, but I wasn't sure if they knew. My friend (the one who knows them best) offered to bring it up if I wanted to go dressed. They said if everyone else was ok with it, so were they.
    I ended up going to another party with my kids (in drab) but I did stop by their house for a bit on my way home from work (also in drab). Nothing was brought up then and soon after that they went down to Fla for the winter. I'm sure I'll have some questions to answer when they get back, and things are a little quieter.

My folks are cool, they saw a few pics of of me, but they think I spend way too much time doing this s**t.

For me it is important my friends understand my values so I try to anticipate what preconceived prejudices they may already have toward those who CD and or are TG. It is not them knowing that I crossdress that I fear but the reasons they may think I do it.

But this really is a non issue for me because the type of people I have for friends tend to not have a knee jerk reaction to people being individualistic. I recently told a friend who I may see once a year and lives in another country so we would never bump into each other and even though he has no desire to crossdress he wore a little black dress at BurningMan.

I do notice the straight guys almost always are quick to tell me they are not gay leaving me to believe that there is a powerful subconscious belief that I must be gay because I crossdress.

I dress in public to some degree or another every day, that is how I let people know, and I know that is certainly not going to work for everyone. But, I get no outright negativity while out there. So, I guess I'm for a straightforward, honest approach.

What's funny is that every time I have told someone, something else has "helped" me get it started. Usually it is a joke or something, and I build on it.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I told mostly all my co-workers and most have seen me actually. There are only two that haven't as I dress at work on Friday's. I go home dressed so I have a little time after I finish my work. It is a lot of fun but I have told them before hand. I tell people because I want to be accepted and I can't if nobody knows. I told one co-worker who was half my age, I wrote if on a board. So he could read it. The first people I told were all women. My wife, mother, sister, wife's friend, therapist and Doctor. I am trying to have fun.
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!