Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were restoring a car, to raise extra money would you stop buying clothes?

If you were restoring a car, to raise extra money would you stop buying clothes?

If you were short of money would you sacrifice your clothing allowance to facilitate the restoration of your car?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I suppose that would depend upon the car.

I'm sure the car would have all my interest and money, for a while.

What is car restoration?? Is that like when I take it to jiffy lube after about 8000 miles to get the oil changed? (actually it's easier to have ones BF do this for her)

I have a Triumph Spitfire in the back. It has been there for twenty years.
    I have a room full of clothes and shoes.
    Ok, did that answer the question?

Maybe, as long as I already had an outfit to go cruising in car with.

Not entirely, but I would try to balance the two. I would just try to not let the "budget" get out of hand. O course now, that's just not my "cup of tea".

Let's see I had my sedan for 43 years painted it twice, my high boy 31 ford for over ten years and it's still in primer. My closet is now full of nice bright colors, oh well I love rat rods any way. Atleast Grace looks great[block sanding is hard nails] But when you still have let over nail polish on nails you have excuse that you were cleaning out paint gun. Also if you paint your engine or chassis bright colors(red) you always got touch-up. (nail polish) works also on my telecaster. Grace to all.

That would have to depend on what you considered was more important to you, no?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    My fix:
    ask for some overtime at work... Easy!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    The two times I went to Southern Comfort I brought with me my purse, computer with its case, and one suitcase.

I observed a large number of people with TONS of bags of stuff. Visiting some of them in thier rooms I often observed so many articles of clothing I was astounded.

To this day I am perplexed that some Crossdresser have 10 times the clothing I have and I am a girl. I wear my clothes every day in the real world. If I had to guess most crossdressers are a girl .5% or less on a day to day basis.

I just have to wonder WHY so much clothing. LOL

Katie

I am restoring an old truck now..yes i gave up clothing and outings..i am happy i did as the project has involved the whole family..in the end it is worth it

Sure I would. I have enough fem clothes to wear a different outfit every day for several months. Of course, if I came across something really, really cute, I might splurge a bit. LOL
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I have a complete wardrobe, so I would be able to divert money to a project I'm interested in. Fortunately, I don't feel the need to buy feminine clothing for the sake of buying. Hope this helps.

Of course the car would come first...assuming it's for transportation.
    If we're talking about a restoration as a hobby then it would have to share finances with my clothing allowance and other hobbies.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have just bought a classic car to restore. And as a result of that Katie is taking a back seat as far as time and money are concerned.
    I don't mind too much as it means i've another classic in the collection!
    Katie

get a second job that way you can afford both. It not easy working two jobs one does what one has to do if want something got find a way to get it. I talking from experince of working two jobs, and only down fall is you always want something so you have to work to get it

Yes I would. Besides, I've enough clothes already.
    DonnaT

Car first.Have plenty of clothes

AprilRain..
    Are you sure you are not a GG?
    My daughter is very car savvy but I know a lot who do not want to go there.
    Kates Back...
    Luv your avatar
    I never gave bikes a thought.
    To Davida..
    I am looking for confessions, not answers.
    I have a running joke about restos,
    When it rains I ask if I can bring my car in out of the rain so as the paint won't run.
    The sad part about this is that a friend of mine painted his ford custom with plastic paint and a brush and two days later the paint had not quite cured.
    It looked like a red and white Zebra.
    I love all the replies.
    Someone should start a bike thread and how it has affected your dressing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nope ;I'd sell the dog and the kids....LOL!!Seriously tho ',I have two hot rods a '29 Essex and a '46 Chevy custom. Both are built but I try to balance my clothing expenses with my car expenses ...sometimes Paula gets no clothes for a month or two ,sometimes the cars do without or I take in one or two less car shows or runs.I do have a part time job to ease the load .Being on nothing but a pension is a pain at times but I manage.
    Paula.
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    I just have to wonder WHY so much clothing. LOL
    Assuming the bike in your avitar is yours, a lot of people seeing you just have to wonder "WHY a Harley?"

The answer to either question is that mantra taught at the Harley Boutique: "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand."

I try to stay within my budget both on cars and clothes. So far, so good.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I gald to see their are car nuts here. Race season is at hand. I drag race and I feel the need for speeddddddddd. So maybe a little.

I don't do car restoration but appreciate those who do... I play guitar quite seriously... I should buy another guitar - I know what I need - clothes or guitar? Same paradox...

I haven't bought any new Kaz clothes (other than stockings/hold-ups - they wear out quickly!) for a long time... I want to but I am cash strapped (UK)... so what cash I do have goes into priority things... food? The car is important as I need wheels... but now then... the band? Should I play live music or buy a dress?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I have a car to restore some day, but the trunk is filled with my stash. This is one reason I have curtailed my shopping. I will need to find some place else to hide it or possibly come out of the closet. Lol, what to do?