Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any girls here cross the Canada/U.S. border dressed?

Any girls here cross the Canada/U.S. border dressed?

I've wondered about this since I cross by car at Detroit weekly. I've thought of shopping dressed in Detroit but U.S. customs would not be impressed that I don't match my male I.D. I'm thinking nobody would attempt this by a land crossing.

Absolutely!

In fact I have always been dressed to cross any boarder, they throw you in jail if you try going across naked.

sorry, couldn't resist..

Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    Absolutely!

In fact I have always been dressed to cross any boarder, they throw you in jail if you try going across naked.

sorry, couldn't resist..
    Lol! I meant dressed enfemme! I did leave myself open for that one though.

If I did... I'd wear a pink wet suit!! Lake Ontario is really cold this time of year!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Sweety your avitar picure tells 1000 words......

1000 to 1 odds you dont have the confidenc to cross that border. Keep dreaming babe or get some confidence because in reality they really dont give a shit how your dressed.

Katie

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Lol! I meant dressed enfemme! I did leave myself open for that one though.

Update your WHTI compliant ID or passport photo so its current and its no problem at all

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Sweety your avitar picure tells 1000 words......

1000 to 1 odds you dont have the confidenc to cross that border. Keep dreaming babe or get some confidence because in reality they really dont give a shit how your dressed.

Katie
    I would not expect anythig less from you Kate! Thanks for your candid comment. Oh and I changed back to my old avatar, that doesn't change anything.

Obviously you're not Canadian and never dealt with U.S. Customs. Everybody is a potential terrorist.
    Last edited by Marleena; 02-23-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    Update your WHTI compliant ID or passport photo so its current and its no problem at all
    Miranda our passport picture must be correct, meaning proper genetic sex. No wigs, hats, etc, and no smiling either.. They are very strict about it. I'm not sure if a TS lady could get an extra female I.D. here for those purposes or not. I'm sure they would need to be post op.
    Last edited by Marleena; 02-23-2012 at 02:38 PM.

I have done it at a small crossing in BC. As it was some time ago a passport was not required. I was fully dressed blouse, skirt and heels but no make-up or wig, just my medium-length male hair. No indication they even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by danielle3 View Post
    I have done it at a small crossing in BC. As it was some time ago a passport was not required. I was fully dressed blouse, skirt and heels but no make-up or wig, just my medium-length male hair. No indication they even noticed.
    Thanks Danielle this is what I was looking for. Was it pre 9/11, do you remember?

Obviously you're not Canadian and never dealt with U.S. Customs. Everybody is a potential terrorist.
    Ain't this the damn truth lol try living here lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    Ain't this the damn truth lol try living here lol
    Joanne you have seen that transgender Canadians can't fly in American airspace right? It is nuts, that's what prompted my thread about border crossings. One wrong answer to U.S customs and you get detained!

Joanne you have seen that transgender Canadians can't fly in American airspace right? It is nuts, that's what prompted my thread about border crossings. One wrong answer to U.S customs and you get detained!
    No hon, I haven't seen or read anything about that but believe me, I don't find it hard to believe either. Since 9/11 we have policed the world over talking about freedoms they have walked on and are trying to take away from us daily.

There are A LOT of things I would never try dressed. This is surely one of them. Not only because of the border issue but because of the almost strip search the TSA performs in the name of "security".
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Ok with a new avatar picture I stand down on my 1000 to 1 odds.

As far as I know it is legal in the US to dress as a woman. I am not an expert on the law but I believe that as long as if you are questioned and provide your identification and its a vaild ID your legal. Can they detain you at the border? Well let me tell you something that is true. The US border guard has the authority to detain anyone for any reason without any justification.

So say your detained. You explain yourself and you go on.

Perhaps it might be helpful to say to you that your not the first to do this. Countless TS girls that have at the time not gotten thier documentation in order have done it. Crap you could even tell them your TS and just not gotten your name changed yet.

I mean be creative. It cannot be that hard.

Katie

I would not expect anythig less from you Kate! Thanks for your candid comment. Oh and I changed back to my old avatar, that doesn't change anything.

Marleena: I had thought about doing the reverse.... I used to live in WA state and went to Vancouver, BC fairly often. I thought about going to Vancouver en femme but decided that it was not worth the potential hassle. This was post 9-11 and the requirements kept getting stricter. My first trip all we needed were our WA driver's licences, next trip we needed our birth certificates as well and right after we left they were requiring passports.
    I am assuming from your posts that these are day trips into Detroit and you are returning home to Ontario the same day. If you were staying overnight and had a hotel you could drive over and then change but if you are just doing a day trip with a quick return it is probably best to go drab.

Was it pre 9/11, do you remember?

I think it was probably about six years ago, so no. I was on a business trip.

marleena: A few weeks ago I took the wrong exit off I-75 and Clark street trying to turn around and go south,towards downtown Detroit on Fort street, and
    wound up face to face with two hunk, para-military clad, pistol packing border patrol agents.I was underdressed, as I always am in panties and pantyhose,
    but outwardly in drab, but they motioned my car over for further inspection anyway. They took a look at my liscense, rambled thru the perfume bottles on my
    back seat, inspected the contents of my trunk and glove compartment and then politely asked where I was going.When I told them I just made a wrong turn
    the taller fellow pointed me back in the right direction. Yes, all of that and I wasnt even trying to cross the damn bridge...Imagine if I was fully aflame-
    enfemme....dana

@ Dana thanks. That is scary!

@ Vicky & Danielle: Maybe makeup and wig are the big keys here. They hide your true identity.

@ Kate: I don't have any doctor's documentation etc. So yeah I would definitely be pulled in for interrogation.

@ Joannne: the link for transgenders in Canada, flying dressed: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...ing-air-canada

I have been pulled in on two occasions out of four simply because I have an expensive black car with deep tint windows. My wife thinks it's the reason too. It doesn't take much for customs to haul you in. In my wife's car, a Ford Focus we have no issues. We now take hers to Detroit instead.

One more question. I grew up in Michigan. why on earth would you even want to go from nice (Canada) to hell Detroit?

katie

One more question. I grew up in Michigan. why on earth would you even want to go from nice (Canada) to hell Detroit?

katie
    Only for the shopping Kate. Detroit has really gone down the shitter. We go to the suburbs to shop, Livonia, Taylor, etc. I-75 directly so we don't have to deal with Detroit itself.

Miranda our passport picture must be correct, meaning proper genetic sex. No wigs, hats, etc, and no smiling either.. They are very strict about it. I'm not sure if a TS lady could get an extra female I.D. here for those purposes or not. I'm sure they would need to be post op.
    one doesn't need to be post op. one needs an id thats accurate and matching other documents with an accurate picture identifying the person. you obviosly cant have the picture taken with a wig.

as for the flying article, section 5.3 mentions flight marshal procedures for when all the ID matches the person in question (and with the right ID the flight marshals office WILL clear you to fly in canada and you simply board your plane after the call comes in to local airport security). but section 5.2 is the only part being thrown about in the net. This was originally about border crossing by car and WHTI rules are different for land and water transport. Lots to do about nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by VickysBFF View Post
    My first trip all we needed were our WA driver's licences, next trip we needed our birth certificates as well and right after we left they were requiring passports.
    all you need is a WA enhanced ID (or any state that is currently REAL compliant), no passport or birth certificate. whether its Canada, Carribbean, Mexico, as long as you're not flying

As far as I know it is legal in the US to dress as a woman. I am not an expert on the law but I believe that as long as if you are questioned and provide your identification and its a vaild ID your legal. Can they detain you at the border? Well let me tell you something that is true. The US border guard has the authority to detain anyone for any reason without any justification.

So say your detained. You explain yourself and you go on.
    this is exactly what happens in both the US and Canada. but everyone is scared to just tell the truth so they make up theoretical horror stories and scenarios.
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 02-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.

@ Dana thanks. That is scary!

@ Vicky & Danielle: Maybe makeup and wig are the big keys here. They hide your true identity.

@ Kate: I don't have any doctor's documentation etc. So yeah I would definitely be pulled in for interrogation.

@ Joannne: the link for transgenders in Canada, flying dressed: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...ing-air-canada

I have been pulled in on two occasions out of four simply because I have an expensive black car with deep tint windows. My wife thinks it's the reason too. It doesn't take much for customs to haul you in. In my wife's car, a Ford Focus we have no issues. We now take hers to Detroit instead.
    Serves you right for driving a Mafia staff car, Marleena...

@ Miranda, thanks for the info you definitely know more than I do about it.

Canadians just seem to fear U.S. customs. At least this one does without even being dressed enfemme.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Serves you right for driving a Mafia staff car, Marleena...
    Yeah.. It kinda does look one Leslie.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i've done a bunch of border crossings and have always been hassled going into Ontario by the Canadian border people. a bunch of car searches and generally a real hassle each time. and i've never done anything! no record or anything like that. I would never think of trying to cross dressed.