Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Surprise While Shopping

A Surprise While Shopping

A couple of days ago my SO and I went shopping. We were at a women’s clothing store and she went into the fitting room to try on a few blouses. I wandered over to the underwear area and as I was looking around a pair of cute bikini panties caught my eye. I took them off the rack and was looking them over when out of nowhere a female friend of ours came up beside me and said “Looks like those are your size. My husband wears that same style sometimes”. I stood there all flustered, not knowing what to say, and she went on “You know, Craig (not her husband’s real name) has a lot of women’s clothes that he wears around the house. It’s no big deal”. Well, no point in trying to deny it now, so I said “Yeah, so do I”, and she said “I’ll bet a lot of men do that and no one suspects”. About that time, my SO showed up, and said “Hey, girl, what’s up?” To which this lady replies “Your old man and I were just discussing how much he and my old man have in common”. At that point, my SO noticed the panties I was holding in my hand and said “Wow, those are really cute. Get a few more of those and then let’s all go have a cup of coffee”. Since they had a sale on them, I ended up selecting 5 pair and then paid for them, and we all walked to a café a few doors away. After we were seated and served, my SO said to her “So, Craig dresses too”? “Oh yeah”, the gal says. They talked about how they accepted and supported us, and though I was still pretty much speechless, I really enjoyed hearing them be so open about it. It got me to thinking, because I’ve known this guy for about five or six years, and I had no idea he was a cd. It made me wonder how many others I knew that shared these same experiences but were closeted about it. There must be a whole lot more of us around that I suspected. What do you girls think?
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    It sounds like you had a great time Its always nice to have friends you can share things with and Has your friend found out about they way you dress? It would be interesting to hear that conversation. It makes me wonder. When I was in SC they had opened the Boeing plant and I met a pre-op lady so I had to say hi As someone living in the open I hope that I can be an example to others that will at least let them come up and say hi to me.
    Last edited by KerryLynn; 02-23-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

I bet if everyone would come out of the closet we would not have any problems, and be totally amazed at the friends/coworkers that we know are CDers as well!

Wow! How bold of your lady friend. I would have been speechless too. Now I wonder? Any plans to get together as two couples and enjoy and evening together comparing notes? If they are good friends, this sounds like a perfectly normal thing to do together.

Sounds like some pretty double dates could be in your future!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I can't imagine ANYONE in our circle of friends or family that would be that cool with that situation. I would quickly have to think of some excuse or the blistering criticism would begin ASAP.

What an awesome story... I love hearing stuff like that!!!!!

Definitely more CDs than we are aware of. Just think how small a percentage this forum is, and the number of other forums, then multiply that at least 10 fold. Tip of the iceberg?
    DonnaT

I wonder if this lady friend went home and told Craig and what the end result will be for his SO just openly outting her like that. Apparently you didn't know so her SO is clearly a closeted dresser and will have some really mixed feeling about the whole situation. Have you called or talked to Craig since this day?

I know that if my SO knew and did the same, the first words out of my mouth would have been WTF?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    I wonder if this lady friend went home and told Craig and what the end result will be for his SO just openly outting her like that. Apparently you didn't know so her SO is clearly a closeted dresser and will have some really mixed feeling about the whole situation. Have you called or talked to Craig since this day?

I know that if my SO knew and did the same, the first words out of my mouth would have been WTF?
    He may be like me and gave his wife permission to talk to whomever she wishes.
    DonnaT

Another WOW! That is a great surprise and makes one wonder, as others have said, how many are really out there. Joanne, we really do not know how open the other lady and her husband are. They may be totally comfortable with her hubby's dressing and may be more out than anyone realizes. I think that is one of those, "Its their problem to deal with if a problem even exists" situations. Hopefully, Krystal will give us more details in the future.

That was an interesting story. You get busted by a female friend, she's fine with it and outs her own husband. So now all four of you have a common bond. Can't ask for a better experience I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    I'm with you Donna. My SO can tell anyone she feels like telling since I trust her judgement 100% about who and why she would ever share this part of me with. That was also true with my 2 ex-wives years ago.
    And in Krystal's case, this could be a good thing causing a friendship to grow even stronger.

Gold Member
    I bet more men try on or at least wear something Fem than we know.
    Now lot of me would never admit it to anyone beyond their wives, and those are
    only the some times cross dresses.
    I was away on business for the last two days; and I made sure I had a bra & nighty
    to dress up at night; I wonder how many more business people out their did the same????
    Rader

I came out to my accountant yesterday, she showed me a picture of her son who is also a CD

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    That is very true Still have to wonder how many closeted dresser actually do that though
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Joanne, we really do not know how open the other lady and her husband are. They may be totally comfortable with her hubby's dressing and may be more out than anyone realizes. I think that is one of those, "Its their problem to deal with if a problem even exists" situations. Hopefully, Krystal will give us more details in the future.
    That is so very true I am also hoping to get more details on this also. I am a curious sort lol or just extremly nosey lol

I have no clue as to wether any of my friends CD as well! I feel alone other then when I'm in here.

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalA View Post
    It made me wonder how many others... There must be a whole lot more of us around that I suspected. What do you girls think?
    Lot's and Lots! Isn't it wonderful?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JaneCDX View Post
    I bet if everyone would come out of the closet we would not have any problems, and be totally amazed at the friends/coworkers that we know are CDers as well!
    You got that right !!!! Cuz you know for sure that there are untold amounts of guys out there who do the same thing ,,,,Just like Donna said ,, This is just a SMALL % Real small , An I meen all walks to the once in a blue moon dressers to full blown trans chix , An every thing in between . We would never get any heels then !! WOOPS Better be careful what we wish for > ????
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I didn't realize my post man was a cd until I went to a cd meeting, and at that meeting was a TS that lived 300 yds away and around the corner 500yds away i was passing a house where i new the man there who lived on his own putting his rubbish out for the collectors, when he saw me he did a quick turn around back into his house,
    I now know of 5 within a 1000 yards of where I live, so that made me think just how many haven't I seen????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Miriam
    What a great way to increase your support group, though I think I would have been terrified for a bit as well.

As to how many of the people we know are also cross-dressing, look at it statistically. A certain portion of the population cross-dresses, say 1% though it might be higher than that. You probably know hundreds of people. 1% of 500 would be five people. You can use this same process to realize that you probably know someone with nearly every "oddity" you can think of. Perhaps the most odd think about someone would be if they didn't have any oddities.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I was away on business for the last two days; and I made sure I had a bra & nighty to dress up at night; I wonder how many more business people out their did the same????
    Still on my four day business trip in Phoenix. Bra at night - no way, too uncomfortable. But definitely a nighty. Bra, blouse, skirt, and so on are for relaxing in the evenings.

Miriam

what a great story

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Just goes to show,You can't judge a book by it's cover.We just don't know what secrets lie behind others doors.

I also trust my Wifes instincts,if she wants to tell anyone about Sophie

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

some of us older gals may recognize the whiff of 'a letter to penthouse'. just missing the happy ending!
    regent,