Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What female rock/pop/country/etc star would you dress as?

i'm actually thinking Taylor Swift, Amy Lee, Miley Cyrus, and a few others posted here on that i'd like to dress like.

Debbie Harry springs to mind
    It's complicated, then again it's simple ... where did I put that skirt?

Slowly Coming Out Secret_Dresser's Avatar
    To who ever said Amy Lee and/or Simone Simons, you have earned my love and respect. Even just by reading the title I knew those two would have been mentioned.

Oddly I didn't see Lady Gaga mentioned(I skimmed this thread tbh). She has a "unique" dress sence but some of it still kind of sexy even though I personally dislike her music.

Old School: Dolly Parton
    Recent School: Shania Twain
    New School: Pink, Pink, Pink (Oh, did I say Pink?)

Quote Originally Posted by KendraCD2012 View Post
    Miley Cyrus
    Oooh...I forgot about her...

I really can't stand her as a person, but she has a decent amount of talent...and I can think of plenty more female pop stars than her that are more terrible people to emulate.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    For Pop Music: Britney Spears (I'll take some heat for this).
    You won't get heat from me. That would be my choice hands down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

cheryl crow or possibly gwen stefani but i would like to be lady gaga for halloween

I've been impressed with many female musicians and their different looks over the years, but if I can only pick one particular outfit from one specific woman, it's this one:

This was at the 1984 MTV Awards. White stockings with garters, heels, teased hair and all that lace. I still hold plenty of affection for her, but this was the moment that made me fall in full-on teen boy lust.

Ok, heres my list.
    Country, Patti Loveless. The perfect down home country girl.
    Rock, Pat Benatar. A voice as pretty as she is.
    Country, Martina McBride, The most beautiful eyes, Makes me melt.
    Rock, Debbie Harry, Just to darn sexy.
    Oh I could go on and on. These are my favorites. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Two that I could think of would be Taylor Swift, I love the cute outfits she always has and that long curly hair I would die to have. Next would be Katy Perry. She has such a free spirit with her outfits and she is very pretty and always smiling.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret_Dresser View Post
    To who ever said Amy Lee and/or Simone Simons, you have earned my love and respect. Even just by reading the title I knew those two would have been mentioned.
    I couldn't resist...I find Simone scathingly beautiful...new Epica CD in two weeks, BTW, which means lots of new Simone photo shoots for me to envy (and drool over)...

Even though it's been said, definitely Shania Twain. Specifically in the ”man I feel like a woman". Video. Yellow catsuit, men's tuxedo jacket with black stockings and boots. Long raven hair, flawless makeup, feminine perfection.

Madonna, naturally. I could be her twin. Except I wear glasses. I'd wear leather and show a lot of leg.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I find myself frequently influenced and enchanted by Shirley Manson, Amy Lee, Cristina Scabbia, and kaRIN.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I'd like to do the 1960's to early 80's Grand Ole Opry styles of Loretta Lynn, Minnie Pearl, Tammy Wynette, Kitty Wells, Dolly Parton, June Carter and Dottie West

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    Alot of dresses/gowns I'd wear to a costume party. Love the long red latin gown Madonna wears in "La Isla Bonita", would go as Madonna.
    Kylie Minogue, always loved her red frilly dress in "Locomotion".
    Shania Twain, love her long blue skirt she wore for the "Come on over" promos.
    Stevie Nicks, love alot of her long dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

My choice is Cristina Scabbia, she has amazing style in my eyes.
    Last edited by RileyEvans; 03-10-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyEvans View Post
    My choice is Cristina Scabbia, she has amazing style in my eyes.
    And an amazing voice and stage presence, too!

Carrie Underwood, beautiful short dresses and highheels.

Mariah Carey or Janet Jackson for me. They both just oze sex appeal. To be that good looking and be able to attract the best looking men to my bed does it for me.
    Dani

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Holy crap that is uncanny! I could only wish to look that good! *sigh*.
    Marleena,

Derrick Barry appeared on America's Got Talent about 3 seasons ago and put on an amazing performance as Britney. If memory serves me correctly, he actually made it to the 3rd round and the audience and Sharon Osborne and David Hasselhoff absolutely loved him. He struggled a bit with copying Britney's voice but had the looks and the moves down pat - so much so that he was almost indistinguishable from the real thing.

Sadly, Piers Morgan crapped all over him, exhibiting a considerable degree of not-so-subtle transphobia and homophobia in the process. Hard to say if this reflected Piers' own views, or was just a staged "good cop, bad cop" routine to stir the pot a bit and drive up the ratings for the show. Personally, I found his snide remarks very distasteful, especially since Derrick excelled so well at his artistry, and this was far from being a second-rate drag routine.

If you're interested, log onto youtube and type in Derrick's name. You'll find a number of videos of him performing as Britney, as well as out-takes from the show itself that amply demonstrate his superb female impersonation skills. He actually worked as a member of Frank Marino's An Evening at La Cage revue in Las Vegas at one point as well.

And while we're on the topic, check out our own home-grown version of AGT which is called Canada's Got Talent here, and is broadcast on the CityTV network. It began airing last week, and the second show featured a terrific Calgary female impersonator by the name of Terri Stevens, who apparently has done drag for a number of years now. He was just voted through to the next round, and I can't wait to see him perform again.

Maja Ivarsson, from the band "The Sounds" - especialy if I got to wear the black dress she is wearing in the video "painted by numbers".

Nicola

I love the hippie-inspired flowing dresses paired with killer boots that Stevie Nicks use to wear while performing with Fleetwood Mac.

@Leslie, thank you for putting Stevie up there. I'm in complete agreement, Stevie style for me.
    PRIDE

GO REDWINGS
    I'm a geek and proud of that too
    Stay femme my friend

Find me at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002088230763
    URnotalone: http://profiles.urnotalone.com/144465

for me the ultimate is Britney Spears in the baby one more time video. Wanting to look like that is part of the reason i chose my name and everything. It is my ultimate dream to be able to pull that off.