Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taking your photos ???

taking your photos ???

how do you girls take such good photos of your outfits and such? Is someone else taking them and do you have a better camera then me ? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    When I want to take a good picture, I use my Canon digital SLR on a tripod. When I'm out, it's my iPhone. My wife has only taken a few pistures. She gets bored quickly Lighting, makes a huge difference.

yeh im getting alot of pics on my phone but i want the full outfit to fit in the photo lol, even when i use my digital cam on a stand i still cant seem to get it right.. thinks its my lighting in my house
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found that I had to use a camera with a timer so I had time to get in place and could get more of my body in the photo.

haha after my first few tries a long time ago i realised that the secret to getting good photos is.....take LOTS of them!!! haha i usually take a ton and then after the selection process finish up with a handful of them:> i remember one such session i started with like 40 shots and ended up with 3.....bad day!

Quote Originally Posted by phballet View Post
    haha after my first few tries a long time ago i realised that the secret to getting good photos is.....take LOTS of them!!! haha i usually take a ton and then after the selection process finish up with a handful of them:> i remember one such session i started with like 40 shots and ended up with 3.....bad day!
    I have had many days like this, if I got 3 I was very lucky lol

I think on my part it's the camera and I need to find a new one, hopefully one that lets me choose the time on the timer.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by phballet View Post
    Yup yup - what she said!

I have a small collapsible table top tripod and a relatively inexpensive digital camera. The tripod collapses to about four inches, and extends to about eight - easily fits in my purse. Still, you dont see a whole lot of photos of me outside because it's kind of embarrassing having people watch the crazy person setting up the tripod, setting the timer, then rapidly walking to get in front of it. LOL

The Canon SX1 and T3i are best cameras for self portraits. They come with a flip screen and a wireless remote. Only these two models in the current available lines of Canon have these two features. SX1 is still considered a compact camera and the T3i is a SLR.

Anything with a timer and something to hold it will do, I have a small guerrilla tripod, from dept store $15.00 and it has flexible legs that wrap around anything, so you can use it just about anywhere.
    But I've always found pictures my wife takes, are better, and more relaxed looking.
    Tina
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    how do you girls take such good photos of your outfits and such? Is someone else taking them and do you have a better camera then me ? lol
    I use a Pentax DSLR on a tripod. The camera has a remote, so I don't have to "rush back" before the timer - so I can take the time to set up the shot, get the focus, set any settings (aperture, shutter speed, etc) and then put myself in position before pressing the button. As others have said - good lighting is key to good pictures (any pictures). The camera settings can help compensate for less than ideal lighting.

I also use my IPhone for quick snaps etc - setting up the DSLR on the tripod isn't always practical.

Oh, and my S/O will take pictures for me too sometimes, if I think to ask her :-)

And finally - again already said - lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures in the hope of getting one or two good ones :-)
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Yeah...even in male mode my self-took pictures look awful compared to pictures someone else took...why? I have no idea.

I have heard someone on here say they used the video mode on their camera and just recorded on it then exported still frames.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

One thing that really helps for self-photography is a camera with an LCD screen that flips around so you can see it from the lens side. My old Casio had that and a remote control, so taking good pics of myself was very easy. Most video cameras will do that and are quite a few newer cameras have that feature, including some of the new Canon SLR models.

Lyric

For my photos I have a 10-second timer. I don't have a tripod or anything like that so I use what's available in the room - shelves, chairs, books piled on top of each other, whatever works. Or if it's particularly tricky I'll take a video and then take a screenshot of one of the stills, though the quality isn't as good when I do that. Afterwards I do a bit of editing in GIMP (a freeware program similar to Photoshop) to improve the colors and contrast, and that's it.
    Back on the forums! But still very much closeted.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Get out of your home, Tracy! Lighting is SO IMPORTANT in pics! Go out on your porch, deck, yard. Not in direct sunlite and take some pics on your CAMERA. I believe you'll LIKE THE RESULTS!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I also have a camera with a ten second timer and a tripod, but iam thinking of getting a camera with a remote.

I have a small digital camera with a 10 sec delay. I also have a piece of wood with a cut in it that the camera slots into. So I can place it on a table or a windowsill.

I think the secret is to do a lot of experimenting with all the settings until you find what works.

Hope that helps Tracy

SUZY

YEa, like others have said, take lots of the same pic... Even pro photogs take as many as they can, and narow it down to one good one.... Have you ever noticed, how on a model shoot, you hear the shutter fire many times on a row?
    Most of my pics I take with timer and tripod, I get one aceptable one for every ten shots. Hey, it's hard to wear 2 hats at once! When my Polar Bear take them, the ratio goes to one good one for every 5.... (note the difrence between "aceptable" and "good") And yea, some of my pics are candids from verious events, which fall into the "good" catagory only because I like the candid/natural nature of them.
    Impovenet tips... Look at your backdrops, pay attention to the lighting, framing and the like.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I have an old Cannon Powershot A510. I find that a camera that is too high a pixel rating shows up my flaws too much. Especially my wrinkles! I also use a tripod and timer method. I have a full size tripod for home and one of those small "gripping tripods" for when I'm out and about. Like others have said, take lots of pics and then sort through them all and pick out the better ones. These are the ones you then correct the lighting (as best you can) and crop and fix mistakes in Photoshop.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

It's always better to have someone else take your photos. For one thing, you'll be able to concentrate on your pretty poses rather than having to continuously set the timer and hurry into position.
    But if you need to use a timer then consider setting up in front of a mirror with the camera taking your pic while you're looking at your reflection. The advantage is you can use the mirror to better adjust your pose when the camera clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 Girl View Post
    YEa, like others have said, take lots of the same pic... Even pro photogs take as many as they can, and narow it down to one good one.... Have you ever noticed, how on a model shoot, you hear the shutter fire many times on a row?
    Most of my pics I take with timer and tripod, I get one aceptable one for every ten shots. Hey, it's hard to wear 2 hats at once! When my Polar Bear take them, the ratio goes to one good one for every 5.... (note the difrence between "aceptable" and "good") And yea, some of my pics are candids from verious events, which fall into the "good" catagory only because I like the candid/natural nature of them.
    Impovenet tips... Look at your backdrops, pay attention to the lighting, framing and the like.
    It's that "2 hats" thing that I realize happens to me all the time.

I just might start doing video of myself and pulling out frames (also it helps to be able to "go to the tape" as a sportscaster might say ).

I find almost all the pictures I've taken of myself look sub-par compared to pictures taken by someone else (except for school pictures...I always look incredibly goofy in them).
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My old Canon Powershot A570 IS is only 7 megapixel, so it does a decent job and does blur out some of the wrinkles, etc. I use a tripod and the 10 second timer. It also has a feature where it will take 10 photos in succession with 5 second delay in between. This way I dont have to rush to get in frame, and get 8 or so pictures of different poses without running back to the camera each time. Lighting is the big trick I need to work on right now, and I suspect it is a problem for a lot of us who have to work with in house lighting

It cannot be said enough, you must take lots of pics to get a few keepers. This is even true of professional photographers and their models, so even more so for us

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Good suggestions, and Tanya is right--a mirror behind the camera helps with your poses. Tripod helpful but counter tops or shelves are fine. Sherry is right outdoor light in the shade is the best light, particularly with a dark leafy background. Click my name for example pic.
    I found that bathroom shots work nicely if you have a neutral shower curtain--put the camera on the counter and pose low on your knees.

If your background is poor---lay on the floor and hold the camera above you--the rug is your background.

I found it is easy to get the whole full-length pic if you shoot sideways using a tripod. As long as you are using a tripod--experiment with no flash and time exposure.

Using cell phone; some of them have timers; check the book, my Motorola has one under options. You can support your cell in a coffee mug with a paper towel stuffed in to hold it tight

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    It is a matter of confidence and practice and a trust in the auto exposure capability of the camera. I use the Olympyus X915 with a flexible legged Hama tripod about three inches high.
    I always use the flash as an indicator of "Did I get me in the photo". Charging the flash also slightly increases the timer delay factor.
    Town shots are taken by someone eles, usually a complete stranger !
    Most important, and it took me a long time to realise it, a poor photo looks better with a smile.
    ~Samm

Camera with remote and a tripod...
    Spouse with camera and good lighting...
    Friend with camera and a few cocktails...

LOL
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

You can also take a tip from Shayla and use a full length mirror. Remember to look into the mirror and not the camera viewer.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.