Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many weired looks will I get?

How many weired looks will I get?

I only shave my legs in the winter and have never been seen with hairless legs by public. But my wife gave the thumbs up for staying shaved through our upcoming week of vacation at an all inclusive beach resort! Look forward to tanning the pasty white legs but am pretty nervous about everybody giving strange looks ( I am pretty hairy everywhere else!). Any guesses about how people will react. It will be crowded with people and waitstaff always close by. No turning back tho because not enough time to grow hair back!!

Miriam
    There are a lot of reasons for hairless legs from medical conditions to personal taste. You'll see tremendous variety at the beach. Just relax and you'll fit in fine - no one will care of notice.

Miriam

I think you'll be just fine. I keep mine shaved year round now myself, only one person noticed (at work) and asked if I shaved my legs, My response was "why are you looking at my legs?" that was the end of the conversation for the most part, though said here over and over again, no one really does pay attention or if they do they usually don't say a word.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Don't worry about it. The last time I was at an all inclusive, I had just been waxed from shoulders to toes-I never got a strange look. Enjoy the beach!!

I shave mine year round and no one has made any comments.
    mostly harmless

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I've been paying attention to this for the past few weeks- I've noticed more and more men, especially those under 30, shave their legs. 1/2 the guys at my gym do it. Showed my wife the results of an experiment that I tried- I shaved the upper part of my leg to see if that would clear my Folliculitis, about 1/2 way to my knee. Lo and behold, the part that still has hair has pimples and the hairless part does not! She told me she thought I would look funny since shorts season is coming, but I countered with what I had seen at the gym. Of course a lot of those guys are body builders and I'm not, but idon't think many people will look at you funny, at least in a place where they don't know you.

I've finished laser hair reduction on my legs, underarms and back, and keep my legs and underarms shaved all of the time. No one has ever commented or looked at me oddly that I have noticed. This includes going to the gym. I also do not have any hair on my face, neck and chest due to electrolysis treatments, and shaped eyebrows due to plucking. Again, no comments or odd looks.

You may get a look on occasion, but nothing I would consider weird. Most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to pay attention or polite enough not to say anything.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I wear shorts a lot even in cool weather, no one really cares if legs are shaved or not. Some of the other drivers I work with shave arms, chest legs... (?) as well.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

If your worried about them saying something to ya ,,,, SHAVE YOUR WHOLE BODY !!! An then PROBLEM SOLVED !!! Cuz no one knows you so how do they know if you ever had hair ??? Thats should be the least of your worries . PAINT your toe nails RED an I promise they will never see your LEGGS !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I was helping a buddy do some roofing last summer and being hot and sunny of course we had our shirts off .The funny thing i noticed was that 2 of my friends had their chest shaved .So mine being shaved did not bother me in the least .My chest is the only part i keep shaved all year round but i am slowly edging to keeping my legs shaved also
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I think any looks you get about your leg will be how white they are not that they are hairless lol
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    So your legs are shaved and everyone has been saying don't worry because people won't notice. Yes, I would agree with them if you are a person who has a normal level of hair everywhere else on your body but in your own words you are "pretty hairy everywhere else". Ah .. well then, yes, then there is a likelihood that people will notice due to the contrast of hairy upper body and none on the lower part of your body ... BUT .... I still don't think you have anything to worry about as I agree with the others. No one is going to comment. If you were with people who know you well (friends etc) I think they might ask out of curiosity, but strangers, I don't think so. They're too polite or too busy to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    If your worried about them saying something to ya ,,,, SHAVE YOUR WHOLE BODY !!! An then PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
    \
    I agree, this is a great solution to the problem
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

It's so common now for men to wax their chests and backs and such that I don't think you will receive any comments. I'm sure you will receive less if you are completely smooth. It will look a bit more odd if it's just your legs.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My legs are smooth 365 days a year. No one has ever commented on them (is that bad or good?). I use self tanner which gives them a nice beige tone. All in all, who cares?! It's cooler in the summer.

I "Naired" my legs long ago, and really can't care less what people (including my kids) think. If my hairless legs are their main concern in life, then they have some problems.

Banned Read only
    You will get zero weird looks. No one will notice or care

Between zero and none. Nobody will be looking.

I shave my legs (and arms) all the time, go to the gym,work, wherever,,, no one has ever said anything, don't worry!!!!

I predict you'll get no weird looks at all. Most people really don' pay much notice of such things. I used to work with a guy whose body actually didn't grow hair on his legs at all. He had plenty on his head, but not his legs.

Lyric

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    So why are you worried about what someone else thinks??? Frankly, it's none of their business, is it. If anyone is rude enough to ask, or comment, all you need to say is that you like them that way. Yes, there are rude people, but you don't have any responsibility to explain yourself to them. The only person to whom you need to explain anything is your spouse, and that one is covered.

Straighten that spine and ignor everything except your wife.

tina

If you act nervous like you are up to something, you will get many strange looks from most everyone because you are acting weird. If you just act normal and at at ease/peace with yourself, you won't get and weird looks at all. It is really that simple.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

No problem. It's all about nothing. Just think how good that sunshine is going to feel. Male sure you take some stockings with you for bed fun.

Are you kidding? If you shave it off The Hair Police with leap out of their black helicopters and bundle you off to Follicular Prison where you will be kept until you look like Sasquatch!

Of course, the preceding sentence is a lie. Nobody will say a word. A couple may notice, but in the fullness of life how important is it that you are hairless? I removed hair everywhere (except my scalp!) that shows outside of a swimsuit and have elicited no comment beyond a rather vague "he sure looks a lot younger" from one female co-worker. Oh, and that comment was made to my wife, not to me!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member

a lot of people who have little hair naturally

Quote Originally Posted by renaegee View Post
    I only shave my legs in the winter and have never been seen with hairless legs by public. But my wife gave the thumbs up for staying shaved through our upcoming week of vacation at an all inclusive beach resort! Look forward to tanning the pasty white legs but am pretty nervous about everybody giving strange looks ( I am pretty hairy everywhere else!). Any guesses about how people will react. It will be crowded with people and waitstaff always close by. No turning back tho because not enough time to grow hair back!!
    I like watching older movies and one thing that strikes me is that almost all of the major movie males like Roger Moore etc have shaved chests and bodies when they are in scenes calling for it(or body doubles in some cases I guess) the exception I've noted is Sean Connery who is "ape hairy".
    I actually think people are used to seeing men "hairless" and there are lots of people from Hawaii to Asia that have little hair by genetic nature. I'm clean from neck to foot except my privates and it while it took a few days to get used to it, I really do like it, and since I have gynecomastia my chest looks more human than gorilla.
    It truly is nobody's business but yours, and even opposition from the wife shouldn't interfere too much--it is after all, YOUR body, and you are Not required to provide hair to suit someone's idea of macho. Wives may not like it, because it might seem too "lesbian like" during sex time having a clean-shaved body.
    The possible solution would be to get beard trimmers and shorten the hair everywhere else but not remove it, then there won't be such a contrast between legs and body-or lighten it with peroxide.

I agree that no one will notice. But what is interesting is that a women with harry arms or legs will get alot of comments, behind her back!