Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriends to hang out with

Sometimes meeting another couple is merely luck. Sometimes you just have to put yourself out there as tough as it may seem. I have been on the verge of telling my wife that she can out me to one of her friends if she thinks they will be understanding. So far unfortunately her friends have proven themselves as the sort to judge. That doesn't mean that everyone out there is like that. My pair of friends where one is a CDer and his girlfriend is accepting is a good example of what can come from being too open. She says she has lost all trust in him she understands that it is a big secret but his hiding it has harmed the relationship. Some women can handle it and some feel betrayed sadly it's impossible to tell when this will happen.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Quote Originally Posted by candicd View Post
    We would love to meet Zoe....but you have to cut those nals )
    Sorry, Candi. The nails are part of the package. Haha. They're actually the reason I got into crossdressing. I had to figure out how I could justify wearing long fingernails. Crossdressing was the easiest solution. I don't under dress and when I dress, I go all out. This is partly why I don't dress too often. I should practice make up more but I'm a pretty lazy crossdresser. Make up skills aren't bad though. I'm rambling.
    Hugs,

Zoe

Meeting in drab isnt something My SO and I are worried about. Now meeting here at my home with "us girls" dressed up, thats something else. I have a pretty good feel for the CD'ers here and I dont feel a bit scared or paranoid on inviting them over to my home. If this forum is a home for us, then why should I feel weird about meeting others in drab at my place, or for that fact, out in public in drab?
    Formerly CDGigi

Quote Originally Posted by CDPheobe View Post
    Meeting in drab isnt something My SO and I are worried about. Now meeting here at my home with "us girls" dressed up, thats something else. I have a pretty good feel for the CD'ers here and I dont feel a bit scared or paranoid on inviting them over to my home. If this forum is a home for us, then why should I feel weird about meeting others in drab at my place, or for that fact, out in public in drab?
    Good question Pheebs,

I've found that most people tend to be scared of their own shadow. I invite people to my house ALL the time. Old friends, new friends, people I'm meeting for the first time, it doesn't matter. I'm not a secret agent and I'm not in witness protection. I have no problem at all with people knowing where I live.

I think the paranoia that a lot of people have about their lives is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

My problem is that the only groups I can find on line are over an hour away and their web pages are outdated which makes me wonder if the group is even active... But I am looking too...

Id love to be able to meet a few TG/TV friends for a "girly night" but unfortunately there are few clubs etc...around where i live from what i am aware of. Besides, Id rather meet at one of the girls homes as i feel it would be more "problem free".

Quote Originally Posted by Marissa333 View Post
    I am in your exact same boat. I really want to hang out with either another cd, or another cd with thier SO. You figure it would be relatively easy in the L.A. area, but I havnt been able to meet anyone as of yet. My wife does not want to go anywhere public (she is paranoid we will run into someone who will spot us), so that limits us to private get togethers, but let's face it no one is going to invite a stranger into thier home, nor except an invite to a strangers house. Lets not give up hope, we will figure out eventually I hope
    Quote Originally Posted by CDPheobe View Post
    So far my SO and i have not met another couple. But my SO is game to meet even individual CD's with meyou as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    My girlfriend and I know a few couples in the community here in LA that want to do 'normal' boy/girl dates with us as well. It's kinda neat, but considering her clients are TG, I suppose we have a community in.
    We also have a playdate with my girlfriend & her son, and a fairly well known TS & her son next weekend. I suppose it's just normal for us.
    I would happily have a cup of coffee with any of you local here near L.A. There may be too much boy left in me to join Marissa's band but I'm still pretty new at the bass anyways.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Genny B View Post
    My problem is that the only groups I can find on line are over an hour away and their web pages are outdated which makes me wonder if the group is even active... But I am looking too...
    Genny...you really hit a nerve with me. I can't stand outdated websites when the last thing posted about the group was from a year ago. Others that have terrible graphics that hurt my eyes are quickly discarded. I've created two business sites in as many years from the templates section on godaddy.com. It doesn't take long and looks/loads great.
    End of rant...thanks

-Candi