Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the girl u see in your mirror look the same as how u visualize her in your mind?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Does the girl u see in your mirror look the same as how u visualize her in your mind?

Or, have u simply "gotten used to" her image in your mirror?

This is one I have issues with. I don't think I'll EVER get used to seeing my ugly old male mug in my mirror! Either in drab or dressed!

What have u done that helped u accept a mirror image quite different from the one in your mind?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This is something I can't compute. When I look at the girl in the mirror it freaks me out at times. I always see her through my guy eyes as if it's a girl on the other side of the street I'm checking out. I enjoy the transformation 100% and feel very feminine when dressed but the connection that the girl in the mirror is me just doesn't make sense.

Makeup addict!
    No, Katie is still not who I visualize. I haven't really accepted Katie as she is yet as I can still improve on the makeup to make her look better. Some people here have shown their male pictures as well as female and have shown great skills, so I have no doubt I can look even girlier than I do now

Miriam
    I don't know if I'll ever see the girl in the mirror. I've grown too accustomed to 'his' face to not see it, no matter how its disguised. Still, like many of you I hope and dream that I can somehow be made up well enough to see someone else. In the meantime, it could be worse - at least I don't have the moustache that grace my face for so many years.

Miriam

My mirror is defective. I know that I am a truly beautiful gorgeous lady when I am dressed but when I go to the mirror all I see is a fat old guy with a bad wig.

a bit nutty
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Storrs View Post
    My mirror is defective. I know that I am a truly beautiful gorgeous lady when I am dressed but when I go to the mirror all I see is a fat old guy with a bad wig.
    OH MY!!!!That's sooooo funny because that's what I see too! Maybe we got the mirrors from the same factory!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I have seen the girl for only a little over 2 months. i have seen the dude for over 65 years. I know what the dude looks like and it comes through right now. There are fleeting moments when I think there is a girl in the mirror, so I keep trying.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I look in the mirror and don't recognize either the girl or the guy. Something has happened in the last 40 years and I'm not sure who that reflection could possibly be.

I have a strong image of TaÃ*s on my mind. (it was something I saw one day, so it isn't from fantasy world!) and now when I close my eyes I can see myself en femme from a third-person view. but this is something recent... in fact when I noticed that I got REALLY messed up. it was an internal "click". (surely motivated by the knowledge I got from this forum, ranging from makeup tips to inner perception.) it was seeing more of me on her than in the real me. [SIZE="1"](omg pronouns)[/SIZE]

(and also lately I have this very candid image in my mind that I will have to photograph. it's an actual objective with no deadline. need to find that 'perfect' floral dress first gahhh)
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

This thread topic brings out a long, drawn out sigh. When I look in the mirror today all I have are memories of the girl that once was and that there is no way in heck the guy in the mirror could ever be her again. Thankfully, we do have the memories of much more pleasant times...
    Jenn

When I am getting dressed and I look at myself before I am about to go out, it feels like I am looking at a stranger its actually a pretty werid feeling but I like it. Is it what I expected it to be? hmm as close as I can get thus far so I am pleased.
    FB profile, always need more friends. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002715523614

Banned Read only
    It's not just the mirror! When en femme I see a mature woman. When en homme I see a mature man. However, when I see pictures of the mature man, I really seem a lot older than my age. Ugh! I wonder what I would look like en femme in pictures. When I was in my 30's the pictures I had taken of myself were OK- not a raving beauty, however, passable. Then again, I look at GG's you are my age, and, well, they're not spring chickens either!

Today was the first time that I looked in the mirror and actually kind of liked what I saw. Still not quite to the point of my minds eye but the closest its ever been.

Does that mean I'm finally starting to like myself?

Hi,

A woman looks in a woman looks out,

nothing to do with ones facial features ,
    The mirror does not see or know what the person is about it only reflects the outside, & that is not who i am or how people know me
    they see a woman known as noeleena.

...noeleena...

I don't look in the mirror. When I was a young to mid teen, yes, then, I could have easily passed. Slim, prepuberty (until 17), long silky hair, no beard, a little bit of boobage from the weight swings, slim pretty legs, that's the image I keep in my mind whenever I'm dressed. The girl part of me is stuck at about age 14, so that image, and the outfits I wear, all fit together. Reality has never been kind to me, so I don't have to live in it. It is wonderful to have such a strong, and great, imagination.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

well its not exactly how I would like it to be but I am learning to live with it. Maybe in time it will be a little different.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Platinum Member
    As Daphne says above, I don't see exactly what I'd like, but I'm more accepting of my appearance than I was at first. I suppose I'm no different from any other woman in that I see my flaws, wish I was prettier, and am increasingly sensitive to the lines staring back at me. I recall my aunt telling me that she was startled everytime she would look into the mirror and see an old lady instead of a 16 year old girl. I'm feeling the same way.

I can see the female me when I look in the mirror... until I use a second mirror to get a proper look at my side profile. That's a buzzkill for sure.

good question, is a no for me, I'v seen pics of myself and they are definitely not the girl I see in the mirror

The problem is that I see her every day. Wait, maybe that's not so much of a problem after all!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Not quite. It's close, but the me I visualize is a size 8, and a bit prettier. A way bit prettier.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member
    When I am getting ready and such and purposefully look in a mirror, it's definitely 'me in costume,' but when the final bits are in place, it becomes 'her.' At that point, and if the clothes and makeup flatter, things match. if I nitpick or had issues getting ready, it takes me out of things and becomes another type of dysphoria*.

When I unexpectedly catch a glimpse (like the time I was in the mall, or when out at club or whatever), I often see a much prettier girl than I give myself credit for because I'm not looking critically.

I think it's why I (and many of us) like photos of us, because it separates the experience of looking with the experience of being (not to mention the image flipped from a mirror). I find photos to either be really bad or really great for my esteem.

*the dysphorias I get are:
    1. I'm in normal guy mode and kaela is knocking in my brain to get out, what most of us go through, I suspect.
    2. I'm in normal guy mode and something I do or have (like my nails are kinda long now & I have delicate long arms) practically screams female, but I'm not feeling her in my head.
    3. I'm in girl mode, but something takes me out of it and then I feel like 'guy in a dress' instead of Kaela.
    —Mikaela

Nope :\ I don't think I'll ever look like the woman I picture myself to be in my mind's eye. Then again, I had the same issue as a guy. That's not to say I don't like the way I look, but I'll never quite look exactly like I picture myself to be!

At first no, however overtime I have gotten much better at make up. I purchased forms, wigs and clothing that fit and flatter. Now when I look in the mirror I no longer see a guy in drag. I now see a 'beautiful woman'. I wonder sometimes is that truly me?

I've really never ever pictured what I should look like... And I'm glad I haven't..... I'd be more disappointed than I already am when I look in the mirror! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos