Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the girl u see in your mirror look the same as how u visualize her in your mind?

Aspiring Member

you can't fool us

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've really never ever pictured what I should look like... And I'm glad I haven't..... I'd be more disappointed than I already am when I look in the mirror! Lol.
    We've seen you in your undies and corset.

I don't believe that I see any one else other than my sister. Although she is a very beautiful person I just see her. I don't know what other look to expect, I see my father's mother also. All the women in my family are/were beautiful but I can't see anyone other than them. Albeit I do need to do more to my eyes,what/who really should I be looking for?
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

When I picture myself I am usually much shorter and far prettier than the girl I see in the mirror. I guess not only women have body image issues.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

I always see myself *much* thinner in the mirror. Then that dang scale reminds me why I need to go to the gym!

I think I would have to agree with others here that have pointed out that their mirror is defective. I know mine must be... or it could be the stimulative affect of the pink fog... whatever the case may be, its not usually the mirror that highlights the difference between the image in my minds eye - its the darn camera. It can be soooo discouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    When I unexpectedly catch a glimpse (like the time I was in the mall, or when out at club or whatever), I often see a much prettier girl than I give myself credit for because I'm not looking critically.
    And those moments are priceless, aren't they?

We can be our own worst enemy at times which in a lot of cases (like when you are about to step out into the real world) can be to our benefit. But to have such moments when we are not at our most critical, it brings out the essence of who we really are and how we really present to the world.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sometimes I do, not often enough though.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Yep. I'm physically attracted to her.

Now that i am getting older and the age is showing in my face I quite often feel very depressed when i see myself in the mirror. A youngish girl is looking out at a cruel mirror that reflects the image of an older man.
    My advice to all of you young people out there is....GO FOR IT !!! enjoy your life while you can, you dont want to have to look back with regrets and with the frustrating sensation of knowing there is NOTHING that you can do about it anymore. Be yourself, and take the step !

I don't really worry about it RS. If someone else has a problem, it's theirs not mine.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I see me. A beautiful woman that turns me on . From the neck down I do everything I can to look as feminine and delicate as I can. I have thought about what it would feel like to be fully transformed and I'm not ready for that.

I edited this post after looking in the mirror and thinking about what I actually "saw" not just the reflection I was looking at. It originally read "A guy in Women's underwear" while still attractive not what I actually see.
    Last edited by J-Lynn; 03-03-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: After re-reading, the post wasn't accurate
    Lingerie addict.
    I'm sexy and I know it in boy mode or girl.
    *Jennifer*

I see some of the same features, but see a woman. I like to think of her as a twin sister at times. Some features can not be erased. It doesn't matter how you look....it's how you feel that counts.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    I see some of the same features, but see a woman. I like to think of her as a twin sister at times. Some features can not be erased. It doesn't matter how you look....it's how you feel that counts.
    In other words, that's what I was asking, Jessica;
    "How do u FEEL about the way u look in your mirror, compared to how u see yourself in your mind's eye?"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I try to look into the mirror when I'm not wearing my glasses, that way I see Marilyn Monroe every time that I'm a blonde, as I redhead I see Maureen O' Hara. If I am wearing my cheaters the mirror breaks.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Ha ha! I'm nearsighted, too, Arlene! I ALWAYS look stunning in the mirror! Then, I make the mistake of looking at the pics! Eeeek!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Ha ha! I'm nearsighted, too, Arlene! I ALWAYS look stunning in the mirror! Then, I make the mistake of looking at the pics! Eeeek!
    I'm stunning I know but those mirrors are a problem. A 50 year+ Crossdresser&Wearer of eye glasses. Femme eyewear ONLY since 2004.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

No, I feel wonderful, comfortable and peaceful. Then I look in the mirror and I see a man with make-up and a dress... then I usually spend the next couple of days in jeans and a t-shirt feelings pretty low about myself.

The girl in the mirror looks okay, but I rather envision a Sofia Vergara look alike. *sigh*

Not really....Sometimes if I just get a glance I will think that I[m pretty, but most of the time I don't see what I want.
    Allison Kat

Live Life by Sharing Your Life..

Yes I am a princess. At least that's what they call me. lol

Some times it's pretty sometimes not so pretty
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Every time I look in the mirror I could swear I had a smaller ribcage.
    And a nosejob wouldn't hurt, but other than that... Oh yeah, my damn facial hairs !!! >.<

Some day...