Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG thats a guy! Your worst experience, please

The worst I can remember is getting the stink eye repeatedly from some dolt. What gets to me the most are those days where everywhere you go it feels like people are looking at you like you have two heads. I'm not sure why these things come in clusters like that.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle James View Post
    What gets to me the most are those days where everywhere you go it feels like people are looking at you like you have two heads. I'm not sure why these things come in clusters like that.
    Whenever this happens to me, it is because I somehow attracted inspection by skulking around or feeling self-conscious. I'm not saying that's true for you or anyone else, but I think I can literally send signals of "hey everybody, crossdresser here!"

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaKirax View Post
    a woman asked me in french, what time it was.
    That same thing happened to ME! 40 years ago in Paris on a subway platform. Only I was dressed like a teenaged guy. And I don't speak French. The man next to me translated after I said I did not understand and then he explained she was a hooker. She was asking what time it was. Maybe that is a secret code? Guess saying "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?" was not yet invented The first time in my life I regretted not knowing the language

In your case I would have looked at her and said "And you ma'am are NO lady".

I have not had too many bad things happen to me en femme. I have been hit on by arrogant and rude men (there is a post here somewhere explaining that). I have had drag queens disrespect me and my group in bars. My MIL called me the ugliest woman in the world once. Since I am over 6 feet tall in heels I don't really try and pretend to be a woman any more than I try and pretend to be a man daily. Blending is over rated
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    I hear closet doors slamming shut in response to this thread!
    O_O
    I already know the world is filled with hateful a**holes, it won't keep me locked in forever but in the meantime I can wish for their untimely demise can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by inori View Post
    I am curious though how did you manage to summon up the courage to go en femme at your school...I'd never do it.
    I dunno. It helps me relax and concentrate more, honestly, so I just...did it. Most people don't seem to mind, or pay attention at all, which is fine too! :P I should say I was quite nervous at first! I think anyone would be though. After a few days of going relatively unnoticed (Everyone's busy in school, don't exactly have time to stand around and gawk at a man dressed to look like a woman), I eased up and settled in that way.

My two worst experiences happened once while in girl mode and once while in guy in a skirt mode.

My third time going out en femme, back in the summer of 2008, my friend Lauren and I were walking from one lesbian bar to another in an area of Columbus that is pretty artsy and has a large gay population, but there's also a lot of hip bars so there's a mixed crowd and it's near the Ohio State campus. Anyway as we were walking, I certainly didn't pass, I was heavier then than I am now, and probably wasn't all that graceful in my heels, but was having fun and people had been nice so far. Well, a car load of young guys who had probably already had a few clocked me, and started yelling at me from the car. First I heard "That's a guy!" and then they started actually saying "Sir? Sir?!" as if they had a question for me. What really made it tip the scales to uncomfortable town though was they actually started circling the block and coming back around to do it again. It was only my third time out like I said and I was so nervous that I didn't know what to do. I just pretended to not notice it, never turned my head, never looked at them, just gave them no reaction. In fact one of the girls I was with didn't even put two and two together that they were talking about me. We finally made it to the bar and they went off to do something else, probably burn ants with a magnifying glass or cow tipping or something.

The second was a time I was in line at target dressed as a guy but wearing a black kilt, tights, and a men't t-shirt. Obviously the issue wasn't being "clocked" as I was the clock, but the customer's in line behind me were a large black lady and her daughter, who was around 7 or 8 maybe. The little girl just started giggling and saying "Skirt!" and pointing at me. The thing is, I understand kids have no filter and unusual things cause them to react. So her behavior didn't bother me, what bothered me was her mother did absolutely nothing to stop it. If I'd done something like that as a kid my mom would've told me I was being rude, and disciplined me. Her mom instead glared at me as if I was actually doing something wrong, with a look on her fact like "Go ahead and say something!" So her daughter just kept running her mouth "Skirts aren't for boys. They're for ladies." stuff like that. What sort of made it better for me was then the girl said "Ladies!" and spelled it out "L-A-D-Y-S." So she's got some other issues.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaKirax View Post
    Passing is im I was walking through the subway platform in Montreal, and a woman asked me in french, what time it was. I replied 'je ne said pas", intending to move on. She then clocked me by my voice, and started shouting (in french and in English) "Hey, Monsieur! why are you wearing a dress?! Monsieur! Mister!... Thats a MAN!!!"
    I think I would have been tempted to yell out in the loudest male drill sergeant voice - "Shut the f**k up and mind your damned business!".

I would be more able to accept those remarks from a man, but a woman - come on - women have overwhelmingly adopted pants over skirts and dresses. So that woman was really out of line

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    So her daughter just kept running her mouth "Skirts aren't for boys. They're for ladies." stuff like that.
    You could have said something to that brat like, "Pants are for boys and men".

Worst thing that happened while dressed en femme: I got picked up by cops for public intoxication and taken to the county jail until someone could bail me out. And then, when I was sober, having to put my street clothes back on - a maxi-dress and other items and walk past visitors and across the street to the bail bondsman office. And then my wife said she would pick me up when she put her pants on. The strange thing is no one taunted me about my unusual choice of clothes.

So I have a tough hide that refuses to be shamed by insecure jerks.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 03-02-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I was in seattle for business. I took the time alone to dress and go out. I wound up at a bar called the cuff complex. Nothing really happened there was just a very rude gg. I left about 5 mins after arriving because it was a really dingy bear type bar which isn't my scene but the drunk woman teller after me in the parking lot that I shouldn't come to places like that until I learn how to put make up on right and I looked like trash not a big deal just rude.

OK...worst experence.... I was feeling foolish I guess is how it started. I had a client who handled a lot of bank owned properties up in the mountains. I had to go do an inspection on one and decided I was going to dress "comfy"...kinda. At this time I still had a girly figure (so that puts it 20 years ago!) but just barely so. It was a warm summer day, wife was away for the week so I left the house wearing a white denim mini skirt, while/yellow striped low-cut crop top, white 4" wedged open-toe sandals, and my little white shoulder purse. If I were a blond it might have been ok...but I'm brunette so white is a tough color for us brunette girls. Oh...did I mention I have a mustache at this time?...so with that in mind, there is no way I'm passing. BUT..I'm not expecting to meet anyone so I'm not really worried about it. On my way to the property I did a drive through for a sandwich and drink to eat when I was done but thats as close as I anticipated "seeing" someone. Got to the property, did the walk through, wrote my notes and then headed for an isolated park up in the hills. I have been to this park several times before and while a large park it is remote enough that I had never seen anyone there during the week so I felt really safe in stopping there to eat my lunch and read my book for a while. I walked about 50 yards to a quiet table next to a clearing in the sun at the back of the park and sat and had my lunch and read my book. About half way through lunch, a car pulls up and parks then an older couple get out and walk down the path to my left and take a table...no big deal. Well, within 5 minutes there were 4 other cars show up including a small family that naturally walked down the same path I was on to a table about 30ft away...thankfully my back was to them. I keep reading anticipating waiting them out so I can leave the easy way. But...along with lunch I got a very large drink...and I'm reaching the point I gotta pee and getting to the car and home are no longer an option. I will have to stop somewhere if I don't go use the potties in the park...which are located in the middle of the park. I start formulating a plan to take a short walk through the woods...yeah right...not in these shoes not to mention snag my hose in a split second. Their leaving...so I make my way towards the middle of the park only to see another family sitting right next to the potties. I manage to approach from the off side, do my business and step out only to see the woman about 10 feet from the front thankfully looking down at her small child. I hold my book up to just under my eyes, purse over the shoulder (slipping down) and drink in the other hand I step quickly around the corner and head for the car. Can you believe it...another couple is sitting at the table RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY CAR! I thought about a short walk down the path in front of me but just then the older couple that came in first stand up and head towards the center area. So...I head for the parking lot at an angle to go out and then circle around to my car. Now a gravel parking lot and 4" wedge heels are not a good mix so I was carefully (slowly) walking to the car. The couple sitting in front of me are paying me no mind but in my approach I forgot to get my keys out of my purse. So I set my purse and drink down on the hood and zip it open to get the keys...just as another car is trying to pull into the parking spot next to me. I drop the keys...then my purse falls over and spills...I go to grab the purse and the strap catches the drink flipping it over...on me. At this point there is no hiding my face (mustache remember?) so now the couple in the car is starring at me, the couple at the table in front of me have turned around and all are looking at the guy with boobs in the mini skirt (thats what my mind is screaming at me) trying to pick up his stuff off the ground. Just as I grab the keys and the last few things I feel "that" feeling...an adrenalin rush right to your bladder...and I loose it. So now I'm wet from the drink, getting wet from "me" (thankfully I had just been 10 minutes earlier or I'd of really been in trouble) hands full of purse, books and cup and trying to unlock the car door and get in. Now admittedly all this happens in about 15-20 seconds but it was long enough. I quick as I could drove out of the park and down the road to a dead end street and parked and had my first good cry since going off hormones. I composed myself and looked in the mirror figuring my mascara was going to be a mess...and it was. I then began to laugh at myself and started crying again from laughter...much better cry this time. Settled, I remembered cleaning in the trunk I needed to drop off the day before and didn't so I got out and found my pretty little apricot floral sun-dress and changed into that tight there on the side of the road. Since my panties were damp as well I stripped them off and tossed it all into the trunk and drove home.

THATS my worst ever....

Jenn
    Last edited by Jennifer in CO; 03-02-2012 at 01:42 PM.

I haven't experienced anything close to that so I have no idea how I would react.
    The worst I've had is stares and snickers and a few finger pointings. At this stage I don't watch what others are doing so unless they came right up to me and said something I wouldn't notice.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    OK...worst experence.... I was feeling foolish I guess is how it started. I had a client who handled a lot of bank owned properties up in the mountains. I had to go do an inspection on one and decided I was going to dress "comfy"...kinda. At this time I still had a girly figure (so that puts it 20 years ago!) but just barely so. It was a warm summer day, wife was away for the week so I left the house wearing a white denim mini skirt, while/yellow striped low-cut crop top, white 4" wedged open-toe sandals, and my little white shoulder purse. If I were a blond it might have been ok...but I'm brunette so white is a tough color for us brunette girls. Oh...did I mention I have a mustache at this time?...so with that in mind, there is no way I'm passing. BUT..I'm not expecting to meet anyone so I'm not really worried about it. On my way to the property I did a drive through for a sandwich and drink to eat when I was done but thats as close as I anticipated "seeing" someone. Got to the property, did the walk through, wrote my notes and then headed for an isolated park up in the hills. I have been to this park several times before and while a large park it is remote enough that I had never seen anyone there during the week so I felt really safe in stopping there to eat my lunch and read my book for a while. I walked about 50 yards to a quiet table next to a clearing in the sun at the back of the park and sat and had my lunch and read my book. About half way through lunch, a car pulls up and parks then an older couple get out and walk down the path to my left and take a table...no big deal. Well, within 5 minutes there were 4 other cars show up including a small family that naturally walked down the same path I was on to a table about 30ft away...thankfully my back was to them. I keep reading anticipating waiting them out so I can leave the easy way. But...along with lunch I got a very large drink...and I'm reaching the point I gotta pee and getting to the car and home are no longer an option. I will have to stop somewhere if I don't go use the potties in the park...which are located in the middle of the park. I start formulating a plan to take a short walk through the woods...yeah right...not in these shoes not to mention snag my hose in a split second. Their leaving...so I make my way towards the middle of the park only to see another family sitting right next to the potties. I manage to approach from the off side, do my business and step out only to see the woman about 10 feet from the front thankfully looking down at her small child. I hold my book up to just under my eyes, purse over the shoulder (slipping down) and drink in the other hand I step quickly around the corner and head for the car. Can you believe it...another couple is sitting at the table RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY CAR! I thought about a short walk down the path in front of me but just then the older couple that came in first stand up and head towards the center area. So...I head for the parking lot at an angle to go out and then circle around to my car. Now a gravel parking lot and 4" wedge heels are not a good mix so I was carefully (slowly) walking to the car. The couple sitting in front of me are paying me no mind but in my approach I forgot to get my keys out of my purse. So I set my purse and drink down on the hood and zip it open to get the keys...just as another car is trying to pull into the parking spot next to me. I drop the keys...then my purse falls over and spills...I go to grab the purse and the strap catches the drink flipping it over...on me. At this point there is no hiding my face (mustache remember?) so now the couple in the car is starring at me, the couple at the table in front of me have turned around and all are looking at the guy with boobs in the mini skirt (thats what my mind is screaming at me) trying to pick up his stuff off the ground. Just as I grab the keys and the last few things I feel "that" feeling...an adrenalin rush right to your bladder...and I loose it. So now I'm wet from the drink, getting wet from "me" (thankfully I had just been 10 minutes earlier or I'd of really been in trouble) hands full of purse, books and cup and trying to unlock the car door and get in. Now admittedly all this happens in about 15-20 seconds but it was long enough. I quick as I could drove out of the park and down the road to a dead end street and parked and had my first good cry since going off hormones. I composed myself and looked in the mirror figuring my mascara was going to be a mess...and it was. I then began to laugh at myself and started crying again from laughter...much better cry this time. Settled, I remembered cleaning in the trunk I needed to drop off the day before and didn't so I got out and found my pretty little apricot floral sun-dress and changed into that tight there on the side of the road. Since my panties were damp as well I stripped them off and tossed it all into the trunk and drove home.

THATS my worst ever....

Jenn
    Wow ~ I am speechless ~ I hope that doesn't happen to me 0.o

Even bad experiences arn't so bad. But, there are some situations that hit a chord. Once at a party, this girl sees me in costume and yells out 'what the f is taht?!'...very immature, very hurtful even though I was not expecting to pass, the brashness of this girl was just cruel. In the same evening another girl, said to me, "I know you are a guy, but you look great...love this and that"...and she stayed to talk for a while and was very friendly...that made up for the other and she was so nice, I didn't care that she figured it out... its all in how they do it. I once heard someone say, it doesn't matter if you win or loose, its how you make the other person feel that they will remember you for. Too true. I try not to let stuff liek that bother me though because I do what I do for me, not for them.
    Chickie

a bit nutty
    Not really "clocked", but being cat called chased down the street while dressed for Halloween by 3 or 4 twenty somethings (I was alone and 10). At least they didn't get my candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple8229 View Post
    The worst/best time when I was dressed was outside a bar, I was half-floozed, feeling good, a few pints in me. I was minding my own business, on my way to my car and some big lunk grabbed my boobs from behind me in a bear-type clasp, and without a second thought my training kicked in and I swung around and broke his nose with a short right chop. Accidental; subconcious; whatever...Well. The other two fools with him just stared, looked at their bleeding buddy on the ground and high tailed it. Hey! He grabbed me! NOT acceptable. If my car keys would have been in my hand the idiot might have lost an eye instead, so I felt good that that didn't happen, A**H**** or no.
    I now make it a practice to never go out being intoxicated, especially when I am en femme.

I guess my jailhouse experience cured me of going out publicly while being intoxicated. Thank goodness I was not busted for DUI!

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 03-03-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Underlined and bolded phrase
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Well I this is actually kind of funny I wasn't enfemme, but at my therapists office they share an office with general practice
    There was this older couple I'd say well into their 80's They were chatting away about the driving in from the Cape, the traffic, Dr's offices, billing, their aches and pains. The man told me ALL about his medical history, then he keeps asking me about me and why I'm there. I tried to be vague, avoid the questions, but this guy was persistent, so finally the conversation went something like this::

(Older Gentlemen) So How's your Doctor? He take good care of you?

(Me) Oh Yes, Looks like he is referring me to a an endocrinologist.

(Older Gentlemen) Oh problems with your prostrate?

(Me) No, I'm starting an estrogen regimen.

(Older Gentlemen) <frowning> I never heard of that before?

(Me) Well I need to be on that regimen for at least one year before my surgery.

(Older Gentlemen) Surgery? Is it some kind on cancer?

(Me) Oh no, I am a transsexual and I'm thinking about becoming a woman

<silence> I think I hear a pin drop........

(Older Gentlemen) How bout them Red Sox?

I have only had one really bad experence it was when I had entered a ladies room ,the sales lady opened the door and said" Sir you are not allowed in here" . I left right away and have not been back to the store since .
    I am out a lot and usually get by ok ,not sure what triggered her comments . It shook me up so bad that I did`nt go out for months ,stupid on my part .

As they say S**T happens. The latest one was getting clocked by two 20-somethin GGs in the department store. Ya know when that sixth scence starts acting up and you think you overhear someone saying somethin...... then I turned and saw one of the two GGs practically bending over in laughter with her hand up to her mouth saying "OMG you're right....it's one of them". I mustered all of my courage and headed on out that second. Went back the next day and have never had another issue....... until the next time....

Renne.....

Reading this thread and I find a number of "worst experience" stories that involve either (1) inappropriate-for-the-situation clothing or (2) alcohol.

The first is pretty much avoidable. As much as we might like wearing them, a vinyl skirt and 6" spikes are really asking for trouble if you wear them to the grocery store. Even a GG would draw derision in that situation.

The second is partially avoidable. Drinking to excess and dressing don't go together well. Unfortunately, we can't do much about the drinking of others (the source of my "most uncomfortable" experience) except to avoid places where other people get sloshed.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Makeup addict!
    Nothing bad yet. I don't go out in broad daylight. I would only go out dressed around the neighbourhood after dark

I guess the worst was at a wedding I went to dressed. One of the two brides brother kept giving me the ole stink eye and I expected a comment from him until one of his other sisters (my friend) borrowed my lipstick. That really ticked him off since I had more friends than him there. Other than him, everyone else, gay, straight and or in between were very accepting and great.
    They even decided I could go for the bouquet and the garter belt. Got neither lol.

I don't really have any horror stories, I'm not ever going to be comfortable enough in my own skin to want to venture out in the world. I don't like going out there dressed as a man, and I just look silly when I dress. But I like the way I feel when I do it, so I continue to do so.

But I would imagine that, if anyone had decided that, "Oh my god, That's a man! What a fag." sort of situation occured, my inner man wrath would simply poke out. "Oi. I might be wearing a dress, but do you think that means im going to start pulling my punches? Look at my fist, now look at your face. Now back to my fist. I'm going to break your nose, knock out a few teeth and yes, split a lip. You get blood on my dress, I will black out and you will not leave standing up. Now get outta here!" D: Fear the wrath.

At the end of the day, even if I were to go out with a group of you ladies, I'd still only ever be Imeni the Man. Which isn't so bad. Who doesn't want a big, strapping man along for safety? Despite being a group of genetic males who could hold their own in a scrap anyways?
    "Some people might suggest that I'm a closest-case Male to Female Crossdresser. I simply inform them that the doors to Narnia are open. Are you comfortable enough to take a trip through the armoire?"

Visit my Facebook! Add me! I need friends! <3 - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1360871615

I never post on here anymore, but my absolute worst experience was when I was 20 years old. I was walking into the mall when the air pressure from the door blew my wig off right out the door. (didn't have my wig snug) I ran out to grab it but the wind tossed it into the gutter filled with water and oil, ruining my wig. I left it there and looked as several people just stared at me. Nobody laughed, but it was still uncomfortable. I walked back to my car and drove home. What was even worse is that I didn't have the money to buy another one. I was working part time at Wendy's and having to pay for college as well. It took three years before I graduated to buy another wig.

One thing that still gives me the creeps when I think about it is the time I was out driving around en femme. Men from my work place saw my car and started following me. I quickly sped home and parked in my driveway. They pulled up to the drive and parked on the other side of the street. OH NO! What to do? I wound up waiting them out until they got tired of waiting for me to get out of the car. I had a long driveway. Don't know if they would have known it was me if I would've gotten out of my car but I couldn't take that chance. If they would've approaqched my car I probably would've panicked and run into my house. A few days laterone of the men mentioned seeing me a couple of nights ago but that was all he said. Whew!!!

Banned Read only
    I was stopped by two policemen at about 2:30 a.m. The younger one contacted me and became very flirtatious, alternately staring at my fake boobs and my legs that were barely covered by my mini skirt. Everything changed when I handed him my ID. He first accused me of being a prosititute, then a child molester, then a basic freak of nature. He had me exit my car and sit on the curb (hard to do and be classy in a mini skirt) as he continued to make me feel like a piece of dirt. The other officer was way more professional, actually asking questions about why I cross dress. But he didn't do anything about his partner. After about 30 minutes of this nonsence, they let me go. I couldn't even file a complaint, because I knew people who worked for the department.

I've only had discreet laughter, so not so bad.

Once I got my look together, most people seemed willing to play along!