Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Lipstick Kissed Wineglass

A Lipstick Kissed Wineglass

The simple pleasures of life may at times offer the largest reward. In the world of the transgendered, an alluring dress, a spritz of enchanting, flowery perfume, or an elegant shade of majestically colorful nail polish may fit the bill. Much bounty is to be discovered, enjoyed, and appreciated within the noble and magical pursuit of blessed femininity.

But additional simple indulgences are also very much abundant and available in life, and magnificent in their own right. Personally, I appreciate uncorking and enjoying a nice, powerfully flavored, full-bodied bottle of Syrah. I enjoy and savor the aromas of berries, chocolate, espresso, and black pepper. Pouring a quality Syrah into the tall, broad bowl of a Bordeaux glass produces an excitement unto itself. To sample, sip, and taste the wine is to soothe and calm the soul, and to relax and open the body and mind.

Yet another simple pleasure of life is the exquisite, elegant, and resplendently delicious application, taste, and look of artfully painted lipstick. Lipstick provides a certain warm, vivacious, enchanting, internal ambience, which is reflected in a myriad explosion of endless possibilities, external color, beauty, and kaleidoscopic brilliance. Lipstick is distinctly and exclusively feminine. Although lipstick may not make the woman, it certainly assists in the deconstruction of the male. In this, I thoroughly enjoy wearing lipstick. It feels right, it feels good, and it feels as it should.

Pouring a glass of wine while dressing, however, can lead to a delectably divine adventure. Taking one’s time, dressing en femme, perfectly applying one’s makeup just so,and enjoying a nice glass of wine provides a copiously sublime, glorious, and delightful experience. The sumptuous and resplendent mark of lipstick, though, is always wont to leave its brand on all things touched. In this, the print of a lipstick kissed wine glass is truly sexy, magnificent, provocatively suggestive, and sophisticatedly simple.

What simple pleasures do you derive from simple things?

My coffee cup has lipstick traces on it this morning. So I totally get it, a reminder that Marleena was here in all her feminine glory.
    Last edited by Marleena; 03-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Anne beautifully written and captures the atmosphere and the moment you are trying to achieve.
    You should consider writing romance novels.
    No, that is not tounge in cheek.
    I read it a couple of times and it is well put together.
    Congratulations!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A new pair of stockings on freshly shaved legs...simply delectable, sinful and sexy

Miriam
    I really get this one. The lipstick stain is a wonderfully persistent reminder of femininity, more than any other.

Of course, it also means that it's time to touch up my lipstick because I just left most of it on the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    Anne beautifully written and captures the atmosphere and the moment you are trying to achieve.
    You should consider writing romance novels. No, that is not tounge in cheek. I read it a couple of times and it is well put together. Congratulations!
    Well said. I agree with this 110%. Beautiful words!!

Well written and something we all derive pleasure from. Now I'm going to have to pour a glass of wine and get dressed.

I know exactly what you mean. Upon taking a sip of whatever beverage you happen to be drinking at the time and setting the glass or cup down there is that pleasurable, distinctly feminine mark, of a lip print – one of simple joys.
    Babs

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I almost never drink from a straw, however if I have an iced coffee I do. The lipstick stain on the straw is my simple pleasure.... I dont like wine and beer bottles dont show lipstick stain!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Complex Lolita...
    What simple pleasures do you derive from simple things?
    [SIZE="2"]Lipstick, for instance. I feel naked without lipstick, a sensual pleasure if there ever was one…

I enjoy that “simple printmaking” when your painted lips leave evidence of your cross-dressed self on whatever vessel you’re drinking from – I keep a tissue handy, and I like to retouch my lips as I go along, ensuring a steady “edition” of tell-tale prints. It’s proof that I exist, after all…
    [/SIZE]

I agree with the poetry of the situation.
    I don't drink and I don't believe in dry weddings either. So I would never leave a lipstick mark on a wine glass for Joe Friday to find in a murder investigation.
    He would find it on the straw stuck in my milkshake container.
    I might use this as the basis of a student film.. Tell them I pinched it off a CD site?
    Oh! to answer the question....
    The smell of a spring breeze on a warm day down by the creek listening to the warble of birds and the wind blowing my hair and skirt around.
    I think Diana was the only other one to answer the question.
    While I was composing this you also answered the question Frederique
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 03-04-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Frederique sneaked in...
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

very nicely written I must agree totally! I love wearing lipstick.

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    Annie
    I believe this is the most beautiful thread you have written to date, a delightful expression of the emotions and pleasures of something so simple as a lipstick print on a wine glass. Reminds me of a scene from the movie Moon Struck where Cher is preparing for a night at the opera, they say that a picture is worth a thousand words but your words surpass the picture in this case.

wow - well at this time Anne it is just being able to read your wonderful posts.

I used to not wear lipstick, but once I tried it and found the right sort of colours I have enjoyed it, and I do get a little kick out of leaving a bit of lipstick on a glass.

Michaella

Oh Anne. . .

You ARE a siren! Lipstick AND red wine!!!! I'm swooning!

Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post
    I really get this one. The lipstick stain is a wonderfully persistent reminder of femininity, more than any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [SIZE="2"]Lipstick, for instance. I feel naked without lipstick, a sensual pleasure if there ever was one…

I enjoy that “simple printmaking” when your painted lips leave evidence of your cross-dressed self on whatever vessel you’re drinking from – I keep a tissue handy, and I like to retouch my lips as I go along, ensuring a steady “edition” of tell-tale prints. It’s proof that I exist, after all…
    [/SIZE]
    I surely agree with this! My worldview as a middle pather is either masculine or feminine, one or the other is how I like to express myself. BUT, the one guilty pleasure I allow to crossover is lipstick and I wear either nude lipstick or tinted lipbalm (the Revlon Lipbutters are awesome!) everyday.

Kiss Kiss
    Debby

Last November I spent a couple of days in New Hope PA. My main reason for being there was to look for a new place to live. I had made an appointment with a realiter to look at condos the morning after I arrived and also to meet him for a drink the evening I arrived.

I met him in the hotel's lounge at about 9PM and we each ordered a drink, mine being a glass of white wine. After we toasted or meeting, and luck for my finding a condo that I liked, we began drinking and talking. I couldn't help but notice the lipstick that I left on the rim of my wine glass with each successive sip. This simple act, and the resultant stain on the glass, made me fell so feminine and sexy that it was the perfect end to a truly wonderful day.

That's funny, I get the same exact feeling when pouring a Coors Light!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I just love leaving lipstick on drinking glasses & elsewhere !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I just finished my nails...the last touch. My G&T has a lovely lipstick stained glass. I'm wearing lined leather pants, and the stockings make such an aluring sound when I walk.

But Anne, as you so wonderfully stated, it's more than each of these idividual things, nice as they are. When all of these get put together they are our feminine selves, and the whole existence of another perspecitive of life is before us. It's all the sounds and touches and thoughts. The whole body moves differently, as if it were a constant dance without the need of music. Everything that Tina does is exciting as her perspective is always new and refreshing.

Tina makes life a simple pleasure.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Anne, you certainly captured the most elegant of the simple pleasures for a girl to remember herself by, and posed a very difficult question. What is a simple pleasure? I have many pleasures, but I may be too new to make any of them simple. I treasure all of them, and would not trade any of them to have the ability to recognize a simple pleasure. In my newness, the pink fog has my mind analyzing, and over analyzing each and every situation that develops. Why did I do it that way? What would it mean if I did it another way? Is it really me, or am i acting something out for the sake of doing it. Oh the questions a simple lovely exposition has brought up. can it all really be simple again? I truly hope that it will get simpler in my mind as I become more comfortable in my new skin.

I do appreciate the simple nature of a lipstick kiss, as I wear lipstick 24/7 when at home, and leave them everywhere. They are a very straightforward reminder of who I am, dressed or not, and it does give me reassurance to see them on wine glasses, coffee cups, soda glasses, my iced tea glasses, and yes, when i get a little over enthusiastic, on my mirror when I have a very nice dressing session (well, that one is still in my mind right now)

Thanks for this wonderful thread. I will continue to work on which pleasure I have that can fall into the simple nature of things i do. I so long for that time when I will be doing these things without all the thinking that goes on right now.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

That was poetry. I would encourage you to write a few paragraphs about the aspects of other cosmetics. Your posting was serendipitous for me as lately I am enraptured by the thought of using makeup and other grooming techniques.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Sorry to repost so quickly, but I was just made aware of the simplest most often overlooked, and not thanked enough pleasure. The love of my wife. We went upstairs to sort the laundry, and she pulls out a silk jacket blouse and says she does not wear it, you try it. Then she goes into the other room and pulls out a lovely African print dress, same thing. I was not dressing today, but now here I am in the dress, heels, hose, padding to see just how good it really fits, and forms, with that ubiquitous lipstick kiss on my tea glass.

I do love her so, and like simple things, it often gets overlooked until we are forced by the situation to notice it, yet it is the most valuable treasure I have. This thread has me tearing up. Way to go Anne, you really are hitting touch points with this one. Thank you so much.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Anne,
    I had not read your post before sending the PM, how ironic. Sure we're not sister's?
    Rachael

if I'm having a bad day, or I'm in a terrible mood, or tired of existence, I use my magic combination of antidotes:

wine and jazz.

if I need to be cheered up, I'll spin some Cannonball Adderley or a Woody Allen soundtrack collection. if I need to soften a tough day I'll go with Wes Montgomery. if I need comfort I'll take Bill Evans. and at any time, those most atmospheric moments of Miles Davis, like In a Silent Way or some of the outtakes on the Complete Bitches Brew set. (put "Recollections" and "Guinnevere" to play one after the other; a 40-minute mental spa on its own.)

with wine is even easier. in my area we are usually sweating or freezing, so the color of the wine goes with the temperature outside. I'm lucky to live in a state that produces more than 90% of our wine, so I have a lot of good choices — not to mention the bottles imported from neighbours Chile and Argentina which gets around here at very attractive prices.

mix them both and I'm a new person. and the mindset of that new person will lead to some lipstick. its subtle smell layering with my perfume and the bouquet of the wine;

"sophisticatedly simple", your exact words. <3
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]