Thread: discrimination at starbucks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

discrimination at starbucks

Thursday evening my husband and I stopped in for coffee and a treat at a Seattle starbucks located inside an all night Safeway grocery.[ I write this last part to show we would not be keeping her from going home.]
    It was 7:20, good , 10 minutes till starbucks closeing and only one couple ahead of us and they had already ordered.
    Both my husband and I noticed the furtive looks by both the young [ GG ] barista and the other couple. The baresta suddenly decided to tell the couple her life story, anything to keep them there while the clock ticked and we patiently waited our turn.
    I knew what was happening but I couldn't believe it.
    The barista then informed us she was closed. Tecnically yes she was, it was now 7:32, as I pointed out to her we had been standing there for over 10 minutes [ as if she didn't know ] . No, we were refused service.
    I noticed security watching us, and didn't give a darn.

The rest of the night was ruined for me, all I felt was awful inside.

I called starbucks headquarters with the details Friday morning. The customer service rep. was very nice [ good training ]. Here it is Monday, where's that call back ?

I can deal with the "looks", and all the rest , but this was discrimination, and it is ugly.

Thanks for listening,
    Presh GG
    Last edited by Presh GG; 03-06-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling error