Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it any wonder that they don't cut us some slack?

Aspiring Member

is it any wonder that they don't cut us some slack?

here is a photo of Marc jacobs, the clothing designer--pretty hard to believe, and it si no wonder that cders in public get the shift they get with this guy strutting around in a night shirt.--and hairy legs and clunky shoes from the 50's. MAN IN A DRESS!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I really don't see that this has much influence on attitudes towards trans people. He's dressed that way as alternative fashion, not the same as CD'ing, IMO.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I'm sorry yo say Yikes, he's not very attractive. To be more serious I agree with Carol.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Gold Member
    Well as the saying goes....."Some Peoples Kids"
    Rader

Well at least people will see who's fashions to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Well at least people will see who's fashions to avoid.
    Marleena,
    Fashion is not the word to describe that sack.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

"Us"? Please do not group me in the same as anything as the photo above, not by any long shot.
    Last edited by Krististeph; 03-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.

I won't be caught dead wearing that cr*p.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

meh.

if this is what you like, good for you.

When I'm a girl , I go full girl....there is no in-between.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    What he is doing has no relation to our situation whatsoever. No fashion sense whatsoever. No whatsoever whatsoever.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    I really don't see that this has much influence on attitudes towards trans people. He's dressed that way as alternative fashion, not the same as CD'ing, IMO.

Carol
    this is the designer who yearly puts on a fashion show of SKIRTS for MEN. It may seem alternative fashion to you , but regular people, I would bet, see it as a gay guy in a dress, long coat and a purse--and all very ugly. . My IP provides email via yahoo. today there was picture of somebody ....BRAND,
    who was wearing a deep veeneck tshirt and the comments on that blog by the readers were crude, many mentioned moobs and they were revolted, etc. So I see Jacobs out in public not getting a very good response from ordinary people--not the kind mentioned here that never notice, never respond, don't care, etc.

Khan's mentally challenged brother?

Hey! It's Retardo Mantalban!

Sorry, but if he thinks this is any kind of style, he _is_ retarded.

This thread is disturbing because of the cannibalism it reveals. He has the right to dress however he sees fit and doesn't owe anyone anything. FYI the man has made more money in fashion than most of us will see in a lifetime, AND he dictates what women will be wearing every year.

Bashing someone's gender presentation is bashing no matter what "team" you're on.
    "Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable."

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    clunky shoes from the 50's.
    The shoes are from his upcoming collection for autumn, which is actually pretty nice. I love his work so I'm trying hard to think of an excuse for this, but it was all downhill after he got that Spongebob Squarepants tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykitty View Post
    This thread is disturbing because of the cannibalism it reveals. He has the right to dress however he sees fit and doesn't owe anyone anything. FYI the man has made more money in fashion than most of us will see in a lifetime, AND he dictates what women will be wearing every year.

Bashing someone's gender presentation is bashing no matter what "team" you're on.
    Here Kitty Kitty Kitty Come out from under the Dark Star and think about what this jerk and his dress does to/for the trans community. Yes as I have said before, he has the RIGHT to dress as a nit wit but his behavior set the entire trans community back several years. Many of us are trying very hard to gain acceptance in the mainstream community and you would do us all a big favor if you would take this road toad home with you and keep him under your Dark Star.

Susan in Phoenix

MALE BY BIRTH.......

FEMALE BY DESIGN

Banned Read only
    Yes he is a sorry excuse for a cd if that is what he is trying to convey or present. And if so, it's a disgrace. While millions of us try to put forth what we are and stand for, we have a few like this that present like this which is a slap in the face of what a lot or most of us are trying to acheive.
    Damn

If that is what women will be supposed to be wearing in the coming seasons, I'll just have to be out of season. The irony that someone who allowed that photo to be published is pretty hilarious though.

Maybe we should help him out by emailing him that his colors are all wrong with that get-up.
    Silk and Steel

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I'm not trying to be difficult, but I just don't see how this would affect the trans community or crossdressers in any manner. he's wearing what he markets, a skirt (dress) for [I]men] I got no interest in it, but maybe he can sell a few, who knows. I just don't see how the general public would ever confuse him or his attire with the trans community or CD's for that matter. I'll concede there are idiots out there who's limited intelligence wouldn't know the difference ,but those ar the same people who would be talking loudly and obnoxiosuly towards us in any event.

Yep, bashing it is. I agree with you Janice and Kitty. Everyone of us dressed as we deem appropriate is a good thing for all of us. The more out there the better it is. You bash him and you are bashing several of our fine members here who wear women's clothing and present as male, some with beards, mustaches, and oh my God, hairy arms too. If you are all so sensitive that a few strays out there ruin it for you, may I recommend that you do not go out because you may make it worse for the rest of us. I personally welcome him out in the real world as he helps pave the way for the acceptance of the rest of us.

Hi,

Very interesting the comments. so a guy dress es differently is getting words thrown at him form a of sorts community that stress 'es acceptance of others how strange .
    He's not trying to be a woman or female he's just a guy who is a bit different in his clothes style, no more no less,

I meet many 100's of people, who are different not evey one would dress as we do who are members of our groups, they like as i was told tonight to look at just not wear what we wear,

So lets change this a bit you would not wear what he does & would he wear what you wear, & for many here are trying & no dought do a very good job of dressing as woman,

I belive we should be a bit carefull of judgeing another because we may see it differently,
    For my self what he wears does not make any difference to me. hes a male , im a woman.

...noeleena...

The shoes are so gaudy but look at the guy on the left. He has worse taste in matching footwear.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I rather think this is the clothes equivalent of a bad hair day. It certainly doesn't further CD acceptance but quite honestly, the average bone head has an unchangeable opinion anyway. Fashion designers are a world unto themselves and I for one wouldn't be seen dead in most of what they produce. That god the high street shops and malls have the sense to tone down and make acceptable clothing from the catwalk monstrosities often produced. I say let him be and I'll go on my merry way.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I don't see how someone dressing like this causes a negative viewing of CDs or TGs at all. For this guy, it is simply a 'fashion statement'. Remember back in the 80s when skirts for men were popular among the 'in-crowd'? The thing about that bit of fashion was that no attempt at 'femininity' was there - simply, you wore a skirt made out of the same material as pants that you might normally wear. No one associated THAT with CDing.

Sorry, I really don't see any connection between what we all do, and this guy.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

As far as I can see, the only one he makes look bad, is himself. Out with his boy friend and didn't even shave!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I think the guy looks rediculous! The shoes are butt ugly and the dress is just so plain and simple; not that it matters, but my opinion is any man that would wear a dress in public while not presenting as a woman, just looks bad, silly, and yes, even ugly.

He may be a fashion designer, but he has no fashion sense what so ever. I agree, leave him alone. and that's just what I'd do if I saw him on the streets. I'd silently just laugh, shake my head and move on. I would not even want to be seen with him if he and I were friends. This is just my opinion and the way I feel. So understand, we all have things we like and dislike. This is one of my strong dislikes.
    I can't stand seeing an obvious man wearing a dress or skirt outfit. It just looks ridiculous to me. I won't even look in the mirror if all I had on was a dress without things to make me look like a woman! YUK!
    Sure, he has a right to dress the way he chooses. He has the right to make a fool out of himself too. No, he does nothing for or against us CD's. He is crossdressed based on the definition of what being crossdressed is, but he does not represent the majority of us that have better sense and better taste.
    No, I do not count him as one of what most of us are. He hurts no one but himself in my opinion.

In my best efforts, I don't think I would pass or blend in public so I don't go out dressed. And the only way you'd catch me out dressed would be IF I could blend or pass as so very few of us can. I envy that and fully support your efforts. It's just not me to be a spectacle for the average person to look, laugh and jeer at. Now some of you will want to jump all over me for my opinion. All I can say is bring it on.