Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally went into the OUTSIDE WORLD dressed en femme!!!

Anne,
    sorry I'm so late to this post, but you have a way of filling posts fast!

I can't tell you how proud I am of you. Stepping out the first time is terrifying, the second will be as well, only less so, and it just gets better from there.
    You are a well respected member of this forum and your story will go a long way to helping other girls follow in your footsteps (High heels I hope!).
    Congratulations, a keep making me, and all of us proud!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Told ya ,, No problems ,, Hell look how good you look ! I know if I do it you can ,, Im ugly as a BOWLING SHOE , No one realy cares an the ones that do are just mad cuz you got the outfit on that they wanted to sleal from there SO . OHHHHHHHHHHHHH POO ,,,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Makeup addict!
    Wow, I can't even leave my bedroom yet!

Wonderful Anne..You're beautiful inside and out..smooches Jackie
    Jackie

Yay! Good for you, Anne! I'm very glad to hear it. And I can say with certitude that my experiences have been the very same as you described. Look at you! You're......you're.......you're a woman of the world now!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Congrats to you. Glad to see you expanded your horizons and it went well for you. It wasn't that long ago that I stepped out in the light of day. Although a recent member here I was a lurker for a very long time and your right, this site has a way of opening one's mind to greater things. By the way you have a style of writing I very much like.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    For gosh sakes, what did you wear and where are the pictures???

I am ashamed to admit it, but I did not take any pictures! I took longer to get ready than I thought I would (imagine that!), and I left my stupid camera behind in the hotel room. It wouldn't have fit in my purse, anyways! LOL!!! And yes, I recognize after the fact that I could have used the camera on my phone.

But I wore the grey sweater in the picture below, with women's jeans (sorry Karren). Instead of red lipstick and the long hair wig, though, I wore a nude color lipstick and the shorter wig, as shown in the other picture and my avatar. I also wore black, suede boots with about a one inch heel. So combine all of that, use a little imagination, and that's how I was dressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anne,
    Congratulations. Your writing style really allows your emotions to come through. Your experiences are something that many, if not most, of us have experienced in one way or another. Personally, walking out in the world with female clothes was something I did in parts over many years.

What you have experienced is the drive your female self will push you to validate your female self by having the world around you accept you. We all ask why we need to go out in public even with the potential physical and verbal abuse when we encounter civilians. On this forum, you will find a lot of members who really find it makes their day when they are called maam or miss or some other equivalent. It is all about society saying you are a woman and accepting you into their world as such.

So Anne, welcome. I hope that you enjoy the ride. It will be exciting, tough, enjoyable and frustrating all at the same time!

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

omg! you did it!!!
    I'm here with a big smile on my face now. so happy for you!
    congratulations Anne. be proud of yourself, girl, and never forget the strength you have!
    here's a BIG hug
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

Congratulations Anne. I must warn you though, once you step out of the closet, the door closes and you can't get back in....Not that you'll want to go back in.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Gold Member
    Woo-Hoo! Now you have done it Anne. Time to go shopping because there is so much more room in your closet for clothes now that you aren't in there.

It seems it was all you wanted it to be and I am glad for you. I wish many pleasant trips out for you in the future!

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    You made my day, Anne! Nicely done! I really couldn't be happier for you!
    Hugs, Janice

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Anne-

I can't begin to express how happy I am for you! I can tell you that my life has not been the same since I first ventured out. It only gets better...it's a whirlwind.

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Congratulations Anne. You have really taken more than a few baby steps. Watch out world, Anne is among us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Woo-Hoo! Now you have done it Anne. Time to go shopping because there is so much more room in your closet for clothes now that you aren't in there.
    That is really funny, Sue, and very well done! I must admit, though, that it did take a second for it to sink in through this thick skull of mine, but it eventually made it through. And your point is very well taken! Now that I have more room, I will certainly need new clothes for future outtings. So I will have to go shopping. I mean, I can't be seen in the same outfit more than once, can I?

Great for you. Great story and congratulations.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Banned Read only
    Well congratulations Anne. I’m so glad that you were able to take these first steps to go outside where there are people. I love to read stories like this. It reminds me of my first time going out. We live in the closet for a long time, then we get new desires, we want to go out. Then we ponder on where, when and how? It takes a lot of our thoughts as we decipher the good and or the bad of it. We read horror stories that make us think of just staying in and being safe, but then there is that other voice that tells us, no, we are not happy being suppressed or to allow society norms to dictate to us of what we can or cannot do. My first time out was SCC. I was so afraid to walk out of my house. My wife was already at the steering wheel. I had to make sure no neighbors would see me. Once the coast was clear, I ran to the passenger side and we were off. Going down the interstate I wouldn’t even look at others in other cars. I knew at this time, there was no turning back, and the closer we got there, the more my heart pounded. We pulled up and 50 people were out front watching all the new arrivals get out of their cars. I bravely got out, I thought I was going to hear all kinds of laughter and jeers, but it was good, all good.
    Now that you have tasted those new found freedoms that can only be experienced,,,, before having an understanding of the joy it brings. Those endorphins are now released and you’ll want to do it more and more. It’s like the potato chip, you now want more. I want to go to the little walking trail park just one block from the hospital in the town you and I grew up in. And I’m going to do it, just as soon as the weather gets warmer.
    So congratulations to you for opening a new door for you, and the peace that you found.

Tara
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 03-06-2012 at 11:03 PM.

You will get faster at getting ready, used to take me 3 hours, now I'm down to 45 minutes. But there is really one BIG thing youre missing........a bigger purse! I started with a really cute clutch, but with wallet, keys, glasses(ok, im 53!), lipstick, gloss, brush, mirror, cell phone, the list goes on and on! Now I have a nice, and large purse, oh yea almost forgot, FLATS! After hours pn heels, you definately want a pair of flats in our purse!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    I mean, I can't be seen in the same outfit more than once, can I?
    Them are the rules. We don't make them up, we just abide by them.

If you continue going out, I truly wish for a pleasant experience each and every time. You deserve it girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    If you continue going out, I truly wish for a pleasant experience each and every time. You deserve it girl!
    Isn't that the truth? Nicely said Sue!

Now back to that outfit. I'd say really well done. Couldn't be cuter IMHO. But really, if you polled each and every one of us as to what we wore the first time we ventured out and I'd doubt there'd be more than a few, if any, who replied "jeans"!!!

Anne, echoing what Sherry said, our friend slippery slope isn't so bad, is she???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Congratulations!!! That is a big scary step out the door, but you did it!!! Exciting isn't it.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing. I hope to follow suit very soon!
    xo
    "It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to." -- Jean-luc Godard

That pic of you in the red lipstick rocks! In fact, unless things are way casual, you should stick to the red. Not all women can wear way way red lipstick effectively, so if you are of the fortunate few, you definitely should whenever you can get away with it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Congratulations. I started going out a little over a year ago and love it!

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Its great to see how far you have traveled in just one year..happy anniversary (since joining the site, that is). This past year would be a nice book to write about all that you have experienced with this being a very big one..the real world glad you took that step out.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss