Thread: Wig Buying Warning!!!

Wig Buying Warning!!!

Hello All,
    It's been a long time since I have been here... been crazy busy and POOF, the summer is gone! Well, I just want to say that early this summer I found a wig that I really wanted and bought it from www.internationalwig.com through Ebay. I received the style I asked for but not the color and they refused to take it back and gave me a (lied and Ebay said they would retract it if they agreed to Ebay's terms...) really nasty feedback. They are not nice people and I feel I wanted to warn you all.
    Well, it is 1:00AM and I have to go.
    Hugs to all,
    Darby
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

Thumbs up Thanks for the warning!

I'm in the market for a new wig but I haven't decided where to go yet. I bought my last one at "Mall of America" but I was too embarassed to try it on there, I told them it was for my wife and that she had a large head. It was quite expensive but I really wanted/needed it! It does fit my head O.K. Problem is that it gets so tangeled and snarled when I'm not wearing it and it's kinda time consuming to get it to look good. It is a synthetic blonde wig about shoulder length.

Anyone have any suggestions for online wig shopping places?

Cindy
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Quote Originally Posted by CindyT
    I'm in the market for a new wig but I haven't decided where to go yet. I bought my last one at "Mall of America" but I was too embarassed to try it on there, I told them it was for my wife and that she had a large head. It was quite expensive but I really wanted/needed it! It does fit my head O.K. Problem is that it gets so tangeled and snarled when I'm not wearing it and it's kinda time consuming to get it to look good. It is a synthetic blonde wig about shoulder length.

Anyone have any suggestions for online wig shopping places?

Cindy

Get a Mannequin Head and a hair net. if you want to hide it from someone get a large Box to put them in.

Great To Have You Back Darby

Thanks for the heads up, Darby. I was thinking of buying a couple of wigs from that online store a while ago, but financial resources dried up, and I've been in drab for about two months straight now.

Just as well. Been thinking of trying my hand at pulling a Dr. Frankenstein by buying a couple of $20 Sepia wigs at the local Aardvaarks (a local second hand clothing store for the younger, hipper crowd) cutting them apart, and then weaving them together. Was looking for a wig with bangs, pigtails, and jaw length (on me) side thingies. On top of that I was looking for it in blue/black. Hadn't had any luck finding anything I liked, so I'm trying to follow my mantra that "what one idiot can do, this idiot can do", and try my hand at wig making, after abysmal failures at corset making, dress making, and marginal success at breast form making (they look good, but are as solid as kevlar).

Nice to see you again though Darby.
    Too... Shy shy... hush hush, eye to eye...

Amelie
    Thanks for the warning Darby, I was looking at buying a wig on E_Bay.

Love Amelie

Girls have more fun!!
    I have NEVER had a positive experience with buying a wig over the net. I now only go to those shops which specialize in wigs for, primarily, cancer patients. They have excellent selections; they are of good quality; and, most importantly, you get to see how you look in that style before you purchase it. There are some things that I will buy without trying it on...wigs is number one on my list.

Hugs
    Rachel Elizabeth

Vallari (Goddess) ;)

Wig Warfare!

Thanks 4 the warning too, Darby. Every bit of info helps! I bought my first wig at a "Party Pig" store. They dont have a large selection, but if u look, they have a few decent ones. I brought a brown shoulder length one and I've had good luck with it so far (It's the one I'm wearing in my avatar and profile pics). Its a friendly atmosphere at those stores and a guy buying a wig over there is no big deal, so its a comfortable shopping environment. Be aware though:

>They come in plastic packaging - so u cant try them on (but they flex pretty good/1 size fits all i think)
    >They do not take refunds on wigs either.
    >If realism is your goal, look for packages that say "realistic product" on them.

Thanks again for the warning Darby, I was considering looking on ebay myself for some things.