Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't go in there.

I would go with the whole lying thing and say hey I have a _________ that would love that skirt, how much is it? Throw it in a bag and I'll take it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Aspiring Member
    In my small town there is a store that sells new and used women's formal wear. I would love to go in there trolling for pretty things but the owner knows me as a man. She also knows everyone else in my family so I can't go in there. I have to shop for formals in a different town. Leanne

Talking The Maginot Line (*) failed miserably...

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne2 View Post
    In my small town there is a store that sells new and used women's formal wear. I would love to go in there trolling for pretty things but the owner knows me as a man. She also knows everyone else in my family so I can't go in there. I have to shop for formals in a different town. Leanne
    It would be an interesting statistic to me personally to get an idea of just how many such stories there are out there in the "Naked City?" Lots of our "closeted friends," I would expect? I for one am so very fortunate that I can go shopping with my SO, but just remember this, it took a very, very long time to get there.

Moral. Be very patient, be very persistant, be very resourceful, be an "idea" girl, but be very, very careful, too. This will work out for you all in the long run, believe me, as I never thought I would get over the French Maginot LIne (*), either.
    BTW Just remember, too, that the Germans beat it like it was a drum (see url). (*) This reference to the Maginot Line is used to recall a strategy or object that people hope will prove effective but instead fails miserably....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line

Good luck L&R

I'm just across the river from you (depending on where in NoVA). Drop me a pm and maybe I can get in there to get something you have your eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by DCChris View Post
    I'm just across the river from you (depending on where in NoVA). Drop me a pm and maybe I can get in there to get something you have your eyes on.
    I was thinking along those lines myself

Not quite the same as needing to act on the desire to go in and browse though, is it?
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky188 View Post
    I work on the owner's car and he knows me, so I can't go in and try stuff on!
    This is called reciprocity, he would probably like some of his money back.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    No-one mentioned a tunnel yet. Hey it works for bank jobs! There might even be a film in it "Pinky's Eleven."
    Too Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Take him aside and talk him it to a deal.... Free or heavily discounted labor on repairs on his vehicle for free after hours access to his store! Lol. Win win!!
    Always the eternal optimist... and so creative! I love it!

The other choice is to test the waters and think about how you could come out to your boss. If you are valuable to him, I do not see him giving you up because you crossdress.
    Love,

Michelia

"Genius is the recovery of childhood at will." Rimbaud

I had the same problem a couple years ago, there is a wonderful resale shop 2 doors down from where I work, and I also do work for her on the side cutting her little bit of lawn.... When I went in to get paid there was a great pr of leather stiletto boots there I just had to try on...... I wrestled with it for a bit then finally decided to let her in on my secret and the boots would be for me, I made sure to bring a picture so she knew what I was about ,..... she was so happy I shared we became great friends and I go there all the time sometimes dressed fully sometimes in drab and it is great! The boots were a little tight so I did not get them, but I have had great luck finding other things there of coarse and have even had some fun taking her out to dinner and drinks... Good Luck

Sunglasses, hair over your ears, and mumble. They'll never know it's you. Just make sure to keep the lenses facing the person as they wait on you.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Regarding the original post:

I know what you mean. There's a clothing store that sells used women's clothing a couple towns over and has some great stuff at pretty cheap prices from what I gather and part of me (guess which part) wants to go in there so bad...but I heard about the store from a couple people in my church (yep...a women's clothing store that's somewhat frequented by people at my church...no problem at all...right?).

Of course there's a store with a similar concept, but mixed clothing in my town...
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Banned Read only
    OK! So I grew some and went in today. No one seemed to know who I was so I bought this beautiful wedding gown for $50.00!!! Its a corset mermaid cut and I just want to wear it everywhere!!! I have to say though, the place was much more Intriguing when I didnt think I could go in! Ha!!

"Hey, Billy Bob. What's that there wedding dress doing under my car?"