Thread: Girl might be leaking over to the boy side!

Girl might be leaking over to the boy side!

Last month I was Ma'amed in Dunkin Donuts... Last night while running a car full of teenage boys passed me and were hooting and yelling hey babe... you know the usual wolf-call/wolf-whistle stuff. It was dusk and I had on guy running shorts, top and a ball cap. The shorts show off a lot of leg and the cap is kind of cute but the top is nothing special although it is a high vis lime green color. I wasn't thinking girly and don't think I run like a girl, so it caught me a little off guard. Did kind of make me smile inside.

Very nice Alisa...Lucky girl...Jackie
    Jackie

It happens sometimes... Been happening all my life.

Yeh, I lgot Ma'amed the other day at Mickey D's. I am a senior and belong to a group of other seniors, the majority of which are ladies. I notice that my habits are becoming more like theirs. We always hug each other and we speak of things of common interest. I notice now when I wave to someone it is the same as they do. I don't mean to do it that way, it just happens. There are other men in the group and our general behavior is closer to each other. All of the macho BS is gone. Many of us are veterans and we just don't have to prove anything to anyone. We just try to enjoy life.

One of my bus passengers kept referring to me as ma'am the other day (I don't dress at work). At first I thought he was saying 'man' but then another passenger 'corrected' him by saying I was a he. The passenger apologized profusely. Told him not to worry about it. I don't look fem at all in boy mode, so wonder why he thought I was a female.

A while ago, I called a local Gamestop to see if they had a video game and the female clerk asked, "Could you wait a moment miss, while I looked it up?" They didn't carry the game and she apologized, "sorry ma'am" No need to apologize, I loved it. I have nothing close to a feminine voice so wonder why she called me ma'am?

I did go through a Wendy's drive thru last Wednesday after my therapy appointment. I was all dressed up and got called ma'am at both windows. That is the first time being called ma'am while dressed. I was crying over the compliment all the way home.
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Alisa, if you're getting cat calls in andgrogynous running outfits (I'm assuming the Dolfin shorts that are popular with male runners?), you are doing something extremely right! Congratulations.

I've had the girl leak problem before... Even a bandaid didn't work.... Ended up getting a new pair!! Silicone stains are not easy to remove!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member

Ma'amed

I regularly get referred to a 'ma'am' or 'miss' in stores, usually by SA's who are not paying close attention. I usually wear mostly male or andro-tops and jeans so it must be the shoulder length hair that is their main visual cue.

It's usually good for a smile and often a pleasant exchange of comments. One young miss was really afraid she had offended me and I assured her that no offense was taken. It's fun to watch other peoples reactions.

Enjoy life,
    Sandra1746

I got cat calls waiting for the bus by myself. Of course I had my purse over my shoulder in male mode. How can I be sure I am in male mode when i'm outside? I was also I'll be with you in a minute ma'am as I was standing in line at the doctor's office. Next time i will ask if I still have my makeup on?

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

A lovely post Alisa.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Thats awaesome.I loved this post.I wish I can go outside
    We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

[SIZE="2"]- Sam Keen, from To Love and Be Loved[/SIZE]

*Chill*

I have a very powerful male persona and never get mistaken for a woman, at least 90% of the people who know me are scared of me. With that being said, I just recently realized that I can pass when I go out as a woman. I get treated completely different and it absolutly floors me in the differences.

The little feminine mannerisms we pick up totally show even when we aren't intending them to don't they?

I always carry a purse which also happens to be a shoulder bag that is used for hiking. One of them came from the National Park at Cape Cod. I have used bags of this sort for a number of years now but they have nothing to do with CD'ing. I had a form of cancer and they are used to carry medical supplies. It caused quite a stir for a while with my friends, but they got over it. Of course, when I go out as Daarlean I change to a regular purse. I have to since too many people would recognize my normal ones. I think that is what gets me Maam'ed.

Yes they do, especially if you spend a lot of time with the GG's. These become your normal mannerisms,