Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Progress

Wishing both of you well during the healing process, Nigella and Sandra.

Take it easy.

Hope you're healing well and feeling well Nigella! I know that same pain, I was toddling around a bit too much too early and had a few issues too. When you're used to doing so much so often it's hard to calm it I suppose, we're all guilty of that~.

Hope that everything goes as smoothly as it can for you, and I'm wishing you both all the best!

Gold Member
    Congratulations Nigella! I hope the healing is fast. I am glad to hear it is all going well.

Sandra, take care of yourself too. It has been a long road and the end was probably just as tiring as any other part. You need rest also.

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    Hi Nigella,

I've been gone a long while from the boards and have been trying to catch up on what I've missed. So glad for you everything's gone well and that you seem to be recovering nicely. As everyone's said just take it easy and I'm sure you'll be up and running before you know it.

Congratulations
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Untitled
    Thanks to all for your thoughts and wishes

Lessons have been learned and care is being taken with the healing process. Sandra has been a tremendous support throughout this journey, sharing everything, both ups and downs.

This is not the end of my transition, its not even the beginning, that started all those years ago when I finally accepted my TSness. It is a continuation of the journey, just because surgery has given me the body that nature denied me does not mean that I have finished traveling the road to womanhood. There are so many other things that need to be completed, I still require electrolysis to remove facial hair, my voice is still predominately male.

Learning to take care of the new body is something new, it is totally different to keeping things clean and tidy, and usable. Never think that just because you now have the body of a woman that you have finished, its is a continuing journey.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Well things were going well until yesterday. I got in from work at 2pm and she looked awful, said she was having trouble going to the loo, got apt with nurse practitioner and she has a water infection and given antibiotics. Had a pre arranged apt for today to see dr today to get another sick note for work, dr has a peek and said there is also an infection going on more or less on one of the stitch lines, so she is on two lots of antibiotics and feeling crap, hopefully a couple of days and she'll start to feel better. We are back at the hospital tomorrow afternoon for another check up and will see what they have to say.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I'm sorry to hear abut the set-back. Infection is always a threat and can be trouble.
    Make sure she takes ALL of the antibiotics.
    Hopefully, things will clear up soon.
    You are a great caretaker too, Sandra.

Very sorry to hear
    Listen to your doctors instructions to the letter ( I know you will)
    My love to you both
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    so sorry to hear nigella's under the weather but on the plus side you both sound really clued in on the early warning signs, with any luck you've caught it early enough for a speedy recovery from this setback . also great to hear it seems like your GP team know what their looking for and being very helpful ?

wishing you both all the very best
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

My Facebook Page

Thanks everyone

We had a better night and this morning she said she felt a bit better, now she's dozing on the settee. Got a trip to the hospital this afternoon so going to make sure she takes it easy during the day.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

I'm glad to hear things are better.

Hoping you have a successful recovery...(best to you both)

-stephani

Untitled
    Things are slowly improving Mobility is a little better, but the swelling is still preventing a comfortable walk. Still not able to do a great deal that involves lifting or stretching, but am doing little things here and there.

One thing that has surprised me is the amount of people who have shown their concern and support, especially from people who I would not have expected it from.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Well that lets me out then

Remember HCA's duckling went quite a time with his waddle and his quack before learning the glide and the whistle.

Hope you and Sandra are both taking things steady.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am back at work and I'll be honest I am a little weary and I know that Nigella gets annoyed that she can't do a lot help around the house, but she has to take it easy. She found this out last night , all she did was make pasta bake for tea and it tired her and caused some discomfort with standing up for some time, so she is now on tea and coffee duties and the odd sandwich
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

That's it put your foot down Sandra!lol.

Silver Member
    A hired wheelchair and a donut pillow should solve that! And you'll be able to place your request for dinner with Nigella without concern!
    Lea

Appointment with the consultant tonight. Everything is going ok, still some swelling but he isn't concerned about it and said the body will absorb it. Cut away some necrotic skin and had a bit of a poke about inside....that made her eyes water we was slightly concerned about an area that was weeping, the consultant said that it was nothing to worry about it is just a patch of granulated skin in other words a but raw, and wait for this he suggested sugar or honey to dry it up, old fashioned but it works. So going to try that and back in 4 weeks to see him.
    Last edited by Sandra; 09-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Didn't he suggest adding spice to the sugar? And what about "All things nice"?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Lol good one Rianna.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Well another little hic-up with an infection but that is clearing up nicely and well nothing really has changed, so I think it may be time to bring this thread to a close.

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all of those that took the time to reply to this thread and to those who pm'd both myself and Nigella, one person offered a shoulder if we ever needed it even though she is a long way away even gave us personal contact details for me that meant a lot, though as yet I haven't had to take up the offer

Now the rest of you, when I started this thread I did think I would have gotten a bit more support, responses than I did. Yes I'm accepting but I still needed to know that I could call on people for help or support if I needed it, but because of the lack of responses from some of the seasoned TSs (and I'm not talking about the ones who have replied here) I took this a slap in the face. Oh I know many of you don't like Nigella and this is why IMHO the support was not forthcoming.....well you know what I could't give a fck about you lot either, you have really shown your true colours, and have shown just what silly people you all are.

Once again to those that did reply I thank you

THREAD CLOSED.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

And just to add to this (because you knew I would even though it's closed), all those people that messaged me saying they had PM'd Nigella already, well what a bunch of liars you were. I asked Nigella, she PM'd me to say I was the only one who had PM'd her whilst she was in hospital.

People come to this section for support, just because Nigella is a mod doesn't mean she doesn't need supporting. You should be ashamed of yourselves for ignoring a person that does nothing but come here and help run a support forum for you guys so you have support in her free time and doesn't get paid for it. Instead, she gets ignored, abused, made to feel rejected and above all, you snubbed Sandra who might seem like a very strong person, but deep down, you've all hurt her very much. I said before, you hurt my family, you hurt me.

So I'm telling you this much, those I've supported over the last few months with their problems, you know what, you can shove it, you've hurt me more than you could understand. I break my fking back running this board, helping this section stay running smoothly, keeping the twats out and how do you repay all of that? you hurt me... well NO MORE!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn