Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Progress

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Less than one month away! Wey hey!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

I am so happy for you Nigella.

Congratulations!!

Good luck and good health to you!!!

Been to Leeds Gender Clinic with Nigella today. E level has dropped so she has had an increase in the dosage and back in 6 months, with 3 month bloods done to check to see how things are going.

Next big step is Monday the 18th, first appointment with the consultant to discuss surgery.
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-08-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: If I could spell I be dangerous !!
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Appointment with the consultant went very well yesterday Had all the genital hair removal been done then Nigella would be having surgery in 2 months. We started the removal with a home kit but as many will know they are ok but not the best of things, so now we just have to wait for the surgeon to do his report and send a copy to the gender clinic, they will then contact the salon for hair removal to confirm that we don't have to pay as it is being funded through the PCT as it is a requirement for surgery. When we get to know how long the hair removal will take we just have to ring the hospital and book and date for surgery.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Well lets see what I can bore you all with today

4,460 views of this thread 55 replies 23 of which are my own.

Well either our road of transitioning is so boring for most of you or you just aren't interested, or maybe it's both. I guess I don't warrant any support from anyone, never mind in a few months it will be over and Nigella will be complete, and then I'll keep out of your little section.

Oh and yes I have bothered to reply to threads/posts in here just to have them ignored then seen a similar reply made by someone else and replied to, guess I don't fit in with the group!
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Sounds like you are on the right road to happiness for Nigella.

I hope all works out well for you
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Well lets see what I can bore you all with today

4,460 views of this thread 55 replies 23 of which are my own.

Well either our road of transitioning is so boring for most of you or you just aren't interested, or maybe it's both. I guess I don't warrant any support from anyone, never mind in a few months it will be over and Nigella will be complete, and then I'll keep out of your little section.

Oh and yes I have bothered to reply to threads/posts in here just to have them ignored then seen a similar reply made by someone else and replied to, guess I don't fit in with the group!

I don't think it's that your transition is boring; in fact, I took the chance to read it all a couple days ago. But as a mainly "update on life" thread, I feel perhaps there's not much many of us can say besides "hope all is going well" and such. Though I do understand what you mean.

Though looking at your post count, of just about 21.2k I'm -sure- you've had a fair few replies replied to every now and then. ;D

From what I've seen of Nigella's journey, it certainly has been a touch one, and the issues with Dr. Beani moving his appointments around; I also had that issue. XD It was bloody frustrating.

I'm hoping that soon you can get all of the things you need to do out of the way, and that the NHS doesn't string you along for months and months also. It would annoy the hell out of me if that happened, which it has here and there.

I must say some of the things I can relate to, but it sounds to me you and Nigella have handled everything wonderfully, and any issues that could have come up you've dealt with. You make a great team!

It's an interesting nonetheless though. You've had lots of good fortune smiling on you throughout the journey, and I can only hope that good fortune continues to follow you until the end of it and afterwards.

A rather nice thing to know that others are doing well.

I'd also suspect few replies because of the fact that there's no advice to give! XD You've handled everything so well, after all.

Sera

Must be that little clique going on... so much for other TS's supporting and encouraging others...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Thank you to those that replied and those who have sent me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle.N View Post
    but threads along the lines of "OMG! New Panties!!" get a hundred comments an hour.
    Yep makes me wonder
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Good luck to both of you with everything.

Been to the salon today to discuss hair removal. It can take from 6 months to a year depending on how much hair there is. Salon is going to write to Leeds to get conformation of funding, which we have had to today so we know that funding is there. Appointments will be every week. The lady that we saw today said that Leeds were very quick to reply and hopefully they would be contacting Nigella next week to arrange the first session, so now we wait for the salon to contact us.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Yes he has and the salon used is one that does these treatments for gender patients in this area who are PCT funded. Like I have said though she did say 6 months to a year, more will be known when the treatment starts.
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-27-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Deborah

We did know about the hair removal but had to wait to see the surgeon and for him to write to Leeds confirming that it needed to be done for the PCT to fund it. If we had the funds ourselves then we would have started it so that Nigella was set to go so to speak.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

First hair removal session today, didn't hear any screams went well, just a pain to have to make a 100 mile round trip every week.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    One down 99,000 to go. The screams don't come until later!

Silver Member
    Wow – No one closer than 50 miles away? Do you live way out in a rural area or is this a matter of which salon is permissible?
    Lea

Untitled
    Lea, There is one within 20 mile but, the funding is via the NHS which means that only a clinic certified and registered with a regulatory body can be used.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    First hair removal session today, didn't hear any screams went well, just a pain to have to make a 100 mile round trip every week.
    Lol.. You made me smile with that one! Long ways to travel but it'll be worth it.

Silver Member
    I am curious (don't worry it is a professional curiosity), do they do a complete, full clearance of the genital area each visit, or just for a certain fixed amount of time (1 or 2 hours each visit etc.?)

congrads, very happy for you.

Untitled
    Deborah & Vickie

I will have a 15 minute appointment each week for about 6 months, depending on how well the electrolosis works. Will check to see if I can get a couple of appointments to run together. They only do a small part each time, I guess it is because of where its being done.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Well just a short update I know you love them so much

Ok couple of weeks ago the lady at the salon asked Nigella is she could get a pic from the hospital to confirm as to just where the hair needs to be removed from, apparently they have had this done before. The hospital replied via e-mail saying what area was needed, this was forwarded to the salon. No session last week back today and she asked how much longer the hair removal would take, was told around 6 weeks if no extra is required. Nigella is going to contact the hospital, a) to confirm hair removal is in the right area and b) to book a date for surgery.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna

Looks for the like button, It sure is a slow process though.

It is slow but like Nigella has said she's waited all these years. Plus another 6 weeks is a lot less time than she was first told, that was 6 months to a year, and the waiting time for surgery is about 2 months.
    Sandra
    Administrator

R.I.P Rianna