Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What real women wear

All valid points Reine, and I'll add a couple of others.

Women, just like men; vary in their taste in clothing. For want of a better term, "Girly-girls" are in the minority after about age thirty. But, that's certainly not always true. Likewise having talked to more than a few of them, it's not always about "man hunting," (at least they claim it's not!) Some women still genuinely feel more feminine, and glamorous; when they dress well.

Just had a talk with my car pool buddy, who just got a couple of new dresses (and, they suited her very well.) Purchased at Steinmart, to wear to The Dances, and to wear while shopping. Now, this is a married woman in her sixties, and she was lamenting the lack of availability for "stylish dresses." I think she was implying that she would purchase more dresses, if available. She was a professional woman, and she still has a nice figure. She may not be "The Norm," but I think there's still quite a few of these kinds of gals around.

So, I think it's a mistake when we say things like, "ALL Women do this , or dress like that." "Women NEVER wear _____." After all, I would imagine that we should understand more than anyone, that ALL Men ONLY wear jeans, and flannel shirts......don't they?

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sterling, my first paragraph was a nod to AmberDay's post with very broad statements. I agree there are deeper reasons why women choose to wear what they wear.

The important part of my post is in the second and third paragraph, and I hope that AmberDay notices it.
    Reine

Amber listen to Reine!!

It's a fun and interesting discussion for us to debate "real" women's clothes..as if there was such a thing..but in your marriage its not a theoretical discussion..
    When i saw your OP, i immediately had the same thought as reine...she needs to talk to her wife more about this

i hope you have a supportive and great relationship and you wear what you like!