Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question? How will you answer?

Banned Read only
    A. For sure! I would rather be a girl!

For me, in the last year or so the answer has changed. It used to be A only to myself and very trusted friends, and B to everyone else. Now, though I do not advertise it, if anyone were to ask, politely of course, the answer would be A. I have decided that I need to stop lying to myself and others about the truth that is becoming more evident by the day..............Stephanie

When people ask me if I'm TG I say No, I'm a woman who wanted to know what it would be like to live inside a man's body.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    If someone asked, i would have to assume they know me well enough to respect the truth- the answer would be yes. And then a request to res[ect my privacy about it.

If I were feeling especially daring I'd wish to say, (A), "Yes, absolutely; can you tell the Testosterone injections are kicking in?"

Realistically, however, Lorileah's answer: "why do you ask?" and followed by "what do you know about transgenderism?" You need a common perspective. However I don't lie about it or hide it no matter what" is probably the wisest and best course.

Hugs -- Diane

I was asked that once about 15 years ago. Me and a few friends were out for drinks, and there were some guys at another table near us. One of them kept staring me down and I tried to pay him no attention. Eventually he came over and popped the question. I stared at him with a puzzled look on my face for a second, then blurted out "Well, I hadn't actually thought of it, until now! You simply must tell me the name of your doctor!" I thought for sure I was going to get my @$$ kicked, but his friends started heckling him too and they all took off.
    Last edited by jaye_cd; 03-16-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [QUOTE_Contessa]Here are your answers.
    A. Yes
    B. No
    C. I don't know.
    D. What does that mean?
    Figure if someone you know just asked you one day "Are you TG?"
    [SIZE="2"]Here are your questions:
    A. Are you a deviant?
    B. Are you a pervert? (with a twist, perhaps)
    C. What am I supposed to think?
    D. I’m engaged in Alternative Wardrobe Explorations!

How about someone asking this question – “You’re kidding – you’re NOT TG?”
    [/SIZE]
    [/QUOTE]

I love your questions, for the answers given, Frederique. I especially like the expression "Alternative Wardrobe Explorations".
    Last edited by Phylis Nicole Schuyler; 03-16-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Add on.
    If you wake up in the morning; See a sunrise; You name is not in the obituaries (long story); You see a sunset; Then its a good day. All the rest is superfluous B.S. (Bad Science).

I have an ear you can bend and a shoulder you can cry on.

I'm working on my Ph.D. in "Alternative Wardrobe Explorations"

Gold Member
    Generally I think I would answer A most of the time for two reasons. One is that I have always said if anyone ever pegged me, I wouldn't lie to them. You just start digging holes you can't get out of. The other reason is that outside of the possibility of a rude person, only people who I am likely to say yes will even ask. And I would suspect that a good percentage of the rude type of people don't even know the word transgender.

And I agree with the many that after saying yes, you then have to be sure you are talking about the same thing.

Been there; the answer? 'I used to think I was'. Took a lot of explaining but fortunately the person who asked was smart enough to understand all the psycho-babble it took to explain it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I agree with Julia and Nikki that TG is a large umbrella term. I don't consider myself TS, but if someone should ask me if I'm TG, I'll say yes -- just like I have told some of my friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Questions like this are fascinating to me, but not as the originator intended.

Do you always answer the telephone when it signals? Do you answer someone if they asked you if you had sex the previous night, or if you have a shoe fetish, or anything else that is completely personal. People who ask personal questions are simply being nosy gossips and are more than not rewarded for their rudeness by an answer!

My usual answer to personal questions, whatever they are, is to deflect it by asking why they would expect an answer to such a personal question, and then to move on.

I do understand that the original post really wanted to know how open we might be to a direct question such as this in terms of making public our transgenderism. Honestly, some of the population is not pleased with one being transgendered, and I would be cautious about this knowledge as much as I am about anything personal, even, for example, the time I would be attending a funeral. My next-door neighbor's house was ransacked when he was at his wife's funeral. Personal information needs a bit of guarding often.

tina

........E. Dah!!!.............

I'd answer B and wonder what caused them to ask.

Banned Read only
    I think I have to change mine from A to C. Sorry!

I would answer YES I am a tg crossdresser. then I woulds ask why are they asking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

i would reply without skipping a beat "D."

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

I'm not hiding any more, so yes I'm transgendered and proud to feel both sides of gender