Thread: Surgery not wanted!

Surgery not wanted!

Do you ever have periods where you just can’t seem to catch a break!!

well, This winter has been a difficult one and I have struggled financially. Work has been steady and my bills are all paid but I have had to dip into savings to smooth things over and I have later replenished the well. I have not been able to save much more so I am just holding steady. The busiest season for me is coming up. Spring is the time when I make most of my money. The spring rush always allows me to pay my taxes and to put more into savings. This year I foresee slower growth and to top It off I now have to have surgery and it can’t be put off. I wish I could say that the surgery is my FFS but unfortunately it turns out that I have my third hernia and it has to be attended to. I will not be allowed to lift anything over ten lbs. for six weeks . My business requires physical exertion! The time line basically interrupts my plans and puts some off my savings at risk! The struggle continues.

I presented as female to my surgeon and she was wonderful ,asking what name I preferred and which prefixes she and her staff should use. I expect the experience to be expanding. The whole episode may be a turning point for me actually for these reasons. I was seriously getting ready to change paths as far as work goes because I have found lifting weight very difficult due to a 30% loss of my upper body strength due to HRT. I now have the opportunity be seen as the developing woman I am on an intimate level. I’ll insist on a pink Johnny!! I was initially very depressed with this news but I am now feeling more determined than ever to face the struggle and get to where I need to go! A new period of personal growth may be just what I needed!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

What a great way to handle the surprising medical news...what a great example!!

Your time is here ... I get what you are saying about being Kelsy at the doctors..

Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

Silver Member
    Sorry to hear about the hernia. And what a great attitude toward handling things!

I understand your position vis-a-vis savings and holding steady as I'm in the same position. I just keep telling myself that it could be worse in this economy. (And was, too, as I was laid off at the start of the recession and was out of work for a year.)

Lea
    Last edited by LeaP; 03-16-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Deleted reference

Banned Read only
    Kelsy,

I fully understand and can relate to your struggles concerning your health.
    It's my belief that what is currently occurring in one's life is occurring for a reason.
    Because of me being very ill four a couple of months some of my cousin's that wern't speaking to me since transition five years ago started to speak to me and become closer to me.
    If that's what it took to bring them back into my life I am happy to have gone through it.
    What's happening to you at this time will lead you to where you need to go in order for another event to unfold, I truly believe this.
    God bless you during this time and always.

Julia

Thanks all!
    This is an obstacle only. Through it I am finding acceptance and I am becoming more comfortable with my self. I look at it as a practice for future surgery!Making through my physical transition is not something I could ever give up on anyway! I'm finding my way and finding happiness regardless of the problems.
    Last edited by Kelsy; 03-16-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Banned Read only
    Sorry to hear about the hernia and hope all goes well with the repairs. You know what they say, one step forward, three steps back. At least that is how it seemed to go for me. Hopefully this economy will change for the better soon and you will be able to put away enough money for your future surgery. Just keep your eye on the prize and march on down the path proudly. It will all work out.
    Last edited by Jorja; 03-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.

I echo the sentiments expressed in the other replies in this thread... I wish you the best in your surgery and hope that you have a speedy recovery... I also hope that you are able to realize your goals concerning transition and surgery so that you will be able to find peace and live your best life...

Brianna