Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm thinking of getting into crossdressing. Any advice?

Hello, I'm thinking of getting into crossdressing. Any advice?

Is crossdressing expensive?

Any advice to start out inexpensively?

What are some good starter wigs? I have a Forever Young wig but it's so unruly.

What are the best make-ups? Can any of them hide a 5 o'clock shadow?

Dont do it everone hates us !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Welcome! I'm pretty new to CDing myself, so I'll probably learn much from this thread. :P

So far, I've spent a bit on dressing up. I just ordered my first wig for about $12USD, and it looks really cute! (I'll have some pictures up in a week or two, when I get it!). I currently have two skirts and a pair of black tights, which I love! All for about $25. I've ordered a second pair of tights (white this time, two for $2), short shorts ($6), three pairs of thigh-high socks ($5.50), a sweater ($11), short shorts ($10), a blouse ($10), bra set ($10), and two additional skirts ($20). Totaling $74, lets say $95 with shipping. Not including my first black tights and two skirts. :P Oh, and that's all direct from China. Stuff from China is relatively inexpensive, and high quality (most stuff around you, if you haven't noticed, was probably made in China).

I've yet to go shopping in person (although I probably will the next time my girlfriend wants to go), but I can't imagine the costs adding up at regular stores. Skirts at forever 21 are $15-$25 on average. Tops range, but they seem mostly around $15 too.

I've yet to do make-up. I shave everything probably every other day, although I plan on trying Nair someday soon. That costs a little.

Basically, the most expensive part will be buying a new wardrobe. Being a CD can suck, at least from my perspective, because I always want more clothes! ><" I'm almost literally spending all of my food money on new outfits. But, again, this is probably because I'm just starting and am really excited to be able to dress up.
    You can call me Paige.

I see this is your first post. How about before jumping the gun you tell us a little about yourself? Information is good! We are here to help, but without knowing anything about you, it's kinda difficult . . . . And welcome to the forum! It's nice to have you on board!

Yea dont do it, its very costly.. Just kidding welcome . You will see how easy it is here to learn and live the dream.

NEVER PURGE......... I mean never, ever, ever, ever purge.

You'll just end up replacing the pretty things you threw away..... with even more pretty things than you had before.

Welcome.... and don't be afraid to ask for help..... we're all here to help one another.

HAPPY DRESSING !!!!!!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WyrmQueen View Post
    Is crossdressing expensive?

Any advice to start out inexpensively?
    Can any of them hide a 5 o'clock shadow?
    Well on the shaving the shadow...... Use a blow torch. LOL
    Just shave real close and often.
    As for the expense, well it is like buying a real expensive new car. LOL
    But it can be a lot of fun.
    Rader

Lots of help here but also check out videos on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    I see this is your first post. How about before jumping the gun you tell us a little about yourself? Information is good! We are here to help, but without knowing anything about you, it's kinda difficult . . . . And welcome to the forum! It's nice to have you on board!
    I agree we need to know you first

Quote Originally Posted by WyrmQueen View Post
    Hello, I'm thinking of getting into crossdressing. Any advice?
    I'd be careful, those crossdressers are a sarcastic and snarky bunch (though we are generally supportive of each other)... I suggest a diversified portfolio- :-)

Hi and welcome! I am new to C/Ding too, wanted to along time but fought the urge. Wish I had not waited so long. I've had a look at wigs and clothing cost wise a lot recently. Like with many hobbies dressing is no different you can spend as little at budget stores such as Primark and T K max all the way up. I got some spray on hair remover that only cost a couple of £s. So if you are on a budget the option is there, sane with wigs from £10.

Good luck anyway have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

not exactly like... I'm thinking of a diet...or I'm thinking of a new job. and yes!!! women's clothes are expensive and there are so many more of them. but think what you'll save on jockey shorts hon
    regent,

Alright then: These are the five conditions on becomming a crossdresser.

1. Be a millionair
    2. Have a size 6 shoe size, a size 32c bra size and a size 26 in. waist.
    3. Have someone close to you, either a family member or friend, that practices psychiatry.
    4. Have a sadistic love and immunity to redicule.
    5. Be able to spot another cd sister from, at least, 50 yards.........lol dana

Gold Member
    6. Have a camera or take phone shots in the mirror!

27 years old and just now thinking of getting into crossdressing? Don't take me as being sarcastic, but how did you 'decide' to start crossdressing? Most crossdressers start when they are much younger (but not always the case) If it is something you are just thinking about I advise you get into a different hobby. It isn't cheap. Clothes, makeup, wigs, shoes= $$$$$$$ and not to mention what it may cost you in regards to your family, friends, and career. If you truly feel that you ARE a crossdresser, than welcome to the club. We have a tight group of supporters here. Talk to a therapist to see if that helps. I do wish you the best of luck!

Amber
    “But you can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy.”
    ― Ellen Wittlinger,

"we could mix all three, the two gendered and the one non-gendered, "she", "he", and "it", to make "shi...". No, nevermind, that won't work either... "
    Alimarx SDMB 2004

No, Don't, Stop! OK GO ahead..... We all have gone through it!

think about it really good look at a lot of you tube videos and read a lot of posts there are a lot of good things as well as bad sides to cross dressing and if you really want to the go for it and have fun and remember do not purge lol
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Silver Member
    Amber is right, think hard and long before you go too far with crossdressing. In addition to what Amber said, it might also hinder your ability to find a girlfriend, and/or cause relationship problems.

Aspiring Member
    If your thinking of it, there are two thoughts on the decision. One, you haven't a clue; two, once in, its a slide down the mountain to the glorious feeling of womanhood and you can make what you want of it from the thrill of undies to the dissatisfied SO, and on to TG issues..

For affordable wigs, watch for sales at places like Paula Young.

Shop the second-hand stores for clothes. This is the best way to learn your sizes, then you can shop sales and online.

Use a concealer on your beard, before you put on foundation. I use Cover Girl, but there are options. Watch Youtube videos for makeup tips.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Dont do it everone hates us !!
    Too Funny!

1. Crossdressing is really no more expensive than investing in Gold, and only requires a couple of jobs, speculating in the oil futures markets, and sacrificing all of your male hobbies and interest to really enjoy.

In order to hold cost down-

1. Buy measuring tape so you will know your measurements to help with your clothing size.

2. Start out picking clothes at a 2nd hand clothing store so you can learn what clothing brands fit you best for minimal price. Go to Wal-Mart were you can in-expensively expirement with picking your proper bra and panty size.

Also they have the self checkouts to help with that whole being a guy buying woman's clothes things if you are really nervous about that

3. Make up- This is where the majority of your early dollars need to be spent, also a digital camera is must in helping you judge what brands work best for you. Do not go cheap in this area.

4. Always remember no matter how good the outfit looks on a GG it will never look the same way or as good on you.

5. Most importantly- ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE THIS IS A LIFESTYLE YOU WANT TO ENGAGE IN? Think long and hard about that question.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Good question. Amber is right. Crossdressing isn't a hobby you just begin to take up. Could you explain your motivation?
    Most of us are born into it. Unless I am wrong.

True, there are a few late-bloomers. No one knows why the delay. As far as I know you cannot be recruited to join us.

And it helps to be a size 8 with a good head of hair and small feet.

Depends on what you consider expensive.... I spend 4 to 5 thousand a year on my "hobby"....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    My advice is DON'T START!!! Yes it is Expensive, and causes grief, Wigs can be expensive and yes you can hide a 5 o clock shadow atleast mine. heavy beards I don't know about.
    If you have never done it before now WHY would you want to start doing something that can and will bring confusion to a relationship as well as yourself.
    Good luck in whatever you choose but think about why you want to start???
    If you choose to CD then welcome to the club, and welcome to the hiding and worrying and sorry about all your missed opportunities that you will choose to miss in the future.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

The OP makes it sound like someone thinnking of getting into a new sport or hobby. Like thinking about taking up golf or fishing. I have never heard of another CD'er ever thinking about becoming a CD. Most of us started in our pre-teen years or shortly there after. We did not think ablout it, it just became who and what we are.