Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cried my eyes out!

I cried my eyes out!

No, that’s not me described in the heading.

I am not overly emotional. And I know some very girly girls that are even less emotional than me.

But when I come here I see some members that are sooooooo emotional that I just want to tell them to get a grip on themselves!

My question……. are you drama queens putting it on to come over as more girly or are you really going through a box of hankies every half hour?

I am not criticising anyone here. I am just curious.

SUZY

Banned Read only
    I cry when I have to beat someone into oblivion for being a sniveling, crying little candy @ss but after I'm done I feel much better.
    I then go and have a sensible dinner then a movie where....sometimes.....I cry.

Julia

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar
    Hi Suzy,

I think some girls are very emotional here but that is probably quite normal? I remember starting out here feeling very insecure and almost "disgusted" (with myself) until the girls made me feel welcomed. That didn't take me long, but it was still quite an emotional journey for me. I wouldn't say I cried my eyes out, I don't think I've ever cried except that time I lost my GF because of my CDing. Maybe what most people need is time... and for the rest who are ALWAYS emotional, well, I recommend they either confide with someone face to face, or see their doctor. lol!

I cry at touching commercials ... true story.

Platinum Member
    Generally, I'm a taciturn Scandinavian....but then so is my mother. I can only think of a few times when I have seen her cry. But, we're not made of stone. I still tear up when I see "A River Runs Through It".

Suzy- just to put it in perspective- you've posted 3200 times. That's a lot of communication, talk, support. Some folks her have been scared to talk or open up all their lives. So personally, i don't see any mystery in it. it's different that your outlook- no question, you are awesomely open and evolved for someone who goes against 95-99% of society, i'd take any advice you have with a serious ear. remember not everyone is so lucky or experienced as you... and remember that you are a leader- and people do look up to you for wisdom...

Just my 2 cents.

hugs, Kristi

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    I cry when I have to beat someone into oblivion for being a sniveling, crying little candy @ss but after I'm done I feel much better.
    Julia
    those are tears of joy. That is always permissable. And probably not was Suzy is referring to.
    Silk and Steel

Suzy, Kristi is right you do take the role of a leader on here.

As for me, since I allowed the girl to come out I am more sensitive, but hope I'm not a drama queen! Nope, I don't cry. I do get upset easier than used to though. I think the real me shows here. Sometimes I need to get a grip.lol. Everybody is different in the way they handle things. Some have better coping skills than others.

Being retired gives me too much time to think. I am addicted to this place.

Me? Get emotional or cry? Never! Not me! Not ever, ever me.

Ok! I admit it, sometimes I get emotional, and sometimes I cry!

But you still love me, though, right, Suzy? Suzy? SUZY???!!!!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Suzy, u MUST remember: Girls will be girls! And, altho I aren't one, we have PLENTY OF THEM HERE!

Like a normal guy, I usually only tear up at unpredictable and inappropriate times. However, I consistently get weepy on this site! When reading the sad, seemingly hopeless, and heart rending stories posted by some of the ladies here! Dressing brings so much fun and enjoyment to me. That it's the cause of heartbreak, frustration, and misery for so many really CAN get to me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    I have to admit strange things make me emotional - the other day I saw a child's stuffed toy in a parking lot and I got an overwhelming emotional response because I thought it was all alone and probably a poor kids favorite toy, their little childhood companion. It's odd how these things strike me and heighten my emotional turmoil... I wonder if others feel that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

I think being able to show your emotions is a great outlet, even if it is like Julia said beating someone into oblivion! But seriously though I think that as we all have a feminie side and on here we tend to be more in touch with it than the average male or in some cases female.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kristi, Marleena, I don’t deserve that! And several members that I have had a go at will agree.

Anne, this thread is inspired by you silly girl!

Samantha, you are just being normal [and nice]

Sherry, I know what you mean when you talk about some of the heart rending stories. I get emotional myself then!

Thanks girls.

a bit nutty
    Is "emotional basketcase" a category? If so, that's me. I'm such a suck, I cried watching the last Toy Story movie! Can't help it. Be careful on the wanting to slap my whiny @$$ over the crying. Tears tend to make me U-N-S-T-A-B-L-E and in need of quick knee-jerk release! Woe be to he who teases me....grumble grumble.....blood boilin' already! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MsSamanthaErica View Post
    I have to admit strange things make me emotional - the other day I saw a child's stuffed toy in a parking lot and I got an overwhelming emotional response because I thought it was all alone and probably a poor kids favorite toy, their little childhood companion. It's odd how these things strike me and heighten my emotional turmoil... I wonder if others feel that way?
    Absolutely! At least for small vulnerable stuffed animals. I get very upset when I see them bedraggled on a road. Like you, I know that it usually means that a child and their companion have been separated.

I also feel sad for stuffed animals that have been left in stores beyond their time. Like little puppies in animal shelters, they look so sad and lonely. I know that I can't possibly take them all home, so I usually speak to them and wish them well.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The last time I cried was when Paul Newman got shot in "Hombre". Well, I didn't actually cry, but I almost could have, kind of. I'm assuming that when my dog died and my pickup broke down doesn't count.

Annabelle

I cry a LOT. And I'm not too ashamed over it, it is what it is.

Do I ever !!!

Where to start ? Well when I CRY the most is probily during FOOTBALL season ,, When a game runs over an it takes COPS off ,, Or nascar takes cops off or football takes the SIMPSONS off or baseball takes my favorite show off . Or if my $$ runs out ,,Or if its HOT outside or the most thing ill cry about is the same thing all yall cry about ? They had those killer shoes an did not have my SIZE ,,,, boo,,,,,,,,hoo,,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I have had my moments. Usually over some silly little thing. Big stuff doesn't bother me.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I was fine till I had some heart problems. After I recovered I found that life is very short and some times the most stupid thing makes me cry. The sun on a dew covered flower or the sadness in my dogs eyes. The sunset in fall with the leaves in the background and just the thought of where we are all going.
    Got to go I cant see to type. Love to all. Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

I am able to feel and I´m using that ability. However, it depends on the situation. Rarely ever cries except on funerals or after extremely funny YouTube vids, I´m rarely frightened except post a course examination, etc. During emotional stress being emotional is more important to me. Does that make sense?

Believe since we all become emotional at different occasions, some might experience it more often than others. Being emotional is a right and especially when you´re having problems you should have the right share those feelings here since it’s a support group.

I'm not overly emotional, but i do bawl my eyes out everytime i watch the movie Serendipity. But it's good tears
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Erina View Post
    I am able to feel and I´m using that ability. However, it depends on the situation. Rarely ever cries except on funerals or after extremely funny YouTube vids, I´m rarely frightened except post a course examination, etc. During emotional stress being emotional is more important to me. Does that make sense?

Believe since we all become emotional at different occasions, some might experience it more often than others. Being emotional is a right and especially when you´re having problems you should have the right share those feelings here since it’s a support group.
    I agree entirely Erina.
    It was a light hearted thread but you are right to make this more serious comment.

Thank you,

SUZY

Well for a lot of years,I kept all my emotions under a tight rein....but now having matured into Paula ,I'm way more open ...if I feel like crying or yelling for joy ,I will ..so be it ....and it makes me feel better....
    Paula.
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

I do cry sometimes. Maybe not the crying your eyes out sort but I will tear up.. Sad movies, shows, even during a sad part of a book.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987