Thread: unexpected warm weather

a bit nutty

unexpected warm weather

Anyone in the Northern climate caught off guard by our (nearing 80 deg.) weather? I haven't let my leg hair grow back yet since I wasn't expecting it to be short weather so soon. Ugh, pants in this heat sucks!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    This hasn't been a problem in the Seattle area, it was 27 degrees this morning. We should be up to the high 40's by the end of the week. I'm looking for a time to be able to wear some of my cute summer tops, but that will probably be a while before that happens here.
    Dana Ryan

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't worry, Ginger! We had that heat wave here just over a week ago. Followed recently by 2 days of rain. Then, very strong, freezing cold winds yesterday! Maybe u can expect those next! Talk about changeable weather!? Sheesh!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've been loving this wonderfully mild winter in the Northeast, particularly after the brutal one we had last year.
    As for the hair, I've been smooth year 'round for the last 7 years and never consider growing it back. No one made any comments and I just love being hairless all over.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Love this warmer weather, went fishing enfemme this week end, sneakers, short shorts, bare legs, loose blouse top, had a great time. Had no issues with anyone, but got some flirty looks from other fishermen. Veronnica.

I barely have to shave my legs or arms, family genes no hairyness. Once in awhile I will have to shave, just to get some small patches off.

a bit nutty
    Lucky you veronica! I'm a bear from the waist down and nowhere else. Nobody in my family is as hairy down there as I am. When I shave there, my legs go from fuzzy jet black to stark naked white and VERY noticeable (but slender and long).

I feel your pain just got off the phone with the wife and she said the same thing about the weather and time to let the hair grow back. I said it is fine having them shaved and again she said nope let it grow back winter will come soon enough

Warm weather even though i love it i will miss pantyhose and camis.
    Bobbie S

This uncharacteristically warm weather up is really starting to mess with the minds of us denizens of the Great White North here.

Our beer is getting warm, the igloos are starting to melt, the sled dogs are getting antsy, and the migrating geese don't know which way to fly because north feels like south to them. Pretty soon, we'll be reduced to playing field hockey among the palm trees .

But if this is Global Warming - somehow, I'm not seeing a huge downside yet...

Ended upwith sports bra sun burn. Now I will have to work out a way to get everything to blend.
    Need to go out topless and get it so I can wear a low top and not look like a tourist in my own back yard.
    I just got a pair of thigh high boots, will have to turn on the air cond. in the office.LOL
    ENJOY Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    After a week long dive trip to the Caribbean with a group full of "ball busters", I realized that either no one noticed that my legs are shaved, or no one cares. I have a very obvious tattoo on my calf that attracts lots of attention, and I was in a swimming suit and shorts all week, mostly in close quarters. Not one word was said about my smooth legs, but it sure made it easier to apply sunscreen, and it made me feel great!

My days of hairly legs are thankfully behind me.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

We have the same prob here Ginger and yes my legs are still pretty smooth epilated just before the heat hit .The neat thing is i put a pair of shorts on and went for a nice car ride this weekend in broad daylight first time i have done that .Also LOL Leslie im in southern ontario my igloo is long gone lol
    Last edited by Ally 2112; 03-19-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    This hasn't been a problem in the Seattle area, it was 27 degrees this morning. We should be up to the high 40's by the end of the week. I'm looking for a time to be able to wear some of my cute summer tops, but that will probably be a while before that happens here.
    Tell me about it, driving home last night - following a lightning strike, the sky opened up and the road was instantly covered with hail and snow.

You bet and lovin it. Mid 80's today and sunny so I threw on a knee length jean skirt, frilly blouse, heels and headed out to the back pourch for a little 'catch of the rays'. Can't wait for tomarrow..... more time to go out and about....

Renne.....

If this weather trend continues, I'm looking forward to growing cactuses in my back yard and watching tumbleweeds blow down the street before the end of summer.

It'll be hard on the makeup, though.

- Diane