Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wood you think

Lightbulb wood you think

wood you think being a women be harder then a cd-ts in life or bing a cd-ts is easer

A genetic female is born a woman and raised as a female. A TS finds out later in life they are a woman. So probably harder for the TS since they need to learn new behavior, and untrain themselves about being raised as a male. Then there is SRS, HRT etc. to deal with.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I STOPPED THINKING about such things when I was about 12, Lori. I decided accurately figuring out what it was like to be a; doggy, kitty, snake, lion, or female ANYTHING was well beyond my comprehension!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I keep looking for that "Being a female for dummies" book, but haven't found one, and readily admit to being a dummy about being a female, but i will not stop trying. As Marleena said, we are starting later in life (some of a lot lot later...) so have a steeper learning curve, which makes for a more difficult climb. The only thing that may give us an easier moment or two, is that some of us can drop the feminine role for awhile and revert back to male behavior, kind of an easy rest period. Trying to be a girl 24/7 is way hard, and beyond my capabilities, but I am trying my best

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Hi Lori! I think that is a fair question! We all know being a cd or tg is not easy! For most of us we didn't have our mothers to teach us how to be a lady! Therefore I guess it would be easier if you were born female! Not to take anything away from gg's because they deserve more respect then we can realize! So I not saying it's easy for a gg either! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

All i know is dressing anything over 24 hrs at a time is a real eye opener ..all those short little 5,6 hour 12 hour adventures once or twice every few weeks .followed by a hot shower ,packing the clothes away and returning to male mode until the next adventure . those are easy .Being a girl day in and day out is demanding .im sure its a lot easier if your born a girl ,but still guys just wake up and are who they are ..Girls almost all girls do something to enhance thier appearance ...some do almost as much as us crossdressers do.. just joking

Hi Katrina - so utterly true! I find it physically easy to be a 'mere CD" for two or three days (max) but actually living my life as the woman I perceive myself to be for a week or more is much more difficult by far!! Hugs -- Diane

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I have to agree with Katrina as well. If you ever get a chance to go to a TG convention, you'll have an opportunity to dress for several days if not longer. That can be a real test.
    Dana Ryan

I can tell you its easy to be a man a bit harder to be woman difficult to be a cd but extreamly difficult, stressfull and and just hard work being TS

Let me see

A woman is more likely to be physically and emotionally abused, raped, malnourished, will earn less money for the same work, is more likely to spend that money on family than herself, has less freedom in almost every mainstream religion and in a large number of countries has no say in the political, social or legal constitution of her society.

Give me a break. Being a CD is a walk in the park compared to being a woman.

I'm being bitchy I know but I get a little bit tired of the "my life is so hard because I wasn't born a woman" line. No offence but for a majority of members here, our life is incomparably easy compared to the majority of the human race. (I think that may also have been a tautology?!).

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    Hard to tell. Am I fat and ugly or ravishingly beautiful? This could make a difference.
    Please tell me that was a throw away line Scarlet.

Hi,

Some of us are different some of us come with what we need as female / women i did though thats me .

Is it easyer being a dresser i cant tell you that or even a trans from my perspective i have a pretty good idear just im nether of those.

So ill answer as a woman yes its easyer because this is who i am. yes i have some of my make up is male that allso is part of who i am. i was not forced in to a male or female role or pushed in to doing what i did not wont to do.

I was brought up by my Mother oh yes, no father & that was good in some ways i did not have a male influance so i was able to just grow up quite happy in the main .

How women are treated or used is another completly different matter so ill leave that,

How am i respected how am i treated how am i looked apon. well for mysel i would say very good & have been for many years now, im very well accepted a member of many large groups & world wide, the groups im involved with would be over 1000 people & yes they all pretty much know me. & that includes women only groups.

The other difference is im out there in socity part of the woodwork if you like, We'v been in Waimate N Z . now & apart of for 16 years, & im known in other communitys as well.

So youll gather from what im saying is yes as a woman im here to stay .

If you wont acceptance , you do have to work on a few things , work in with others let them see you as a person get known be open about who you are dont be afraid of letting people in to your life,

some wont agree with me on this because they have thier reasons . yet.

I was so open to people & told them who i was / am what i was doing & invited people in to my life as a open book nothing hidden & i mean nothing. It has worked for me & was the best way i know of being accepted .

as iv said this is my life & what i have done . I dont expect any one to do what i have, i paid a price i know what it has done yet it has been worth every thing . we have lost yet gained so much.

As i said im a bit different , this is a part of that, I am a very strong woman , that has allso been my defence , that does not say i dont have my weak points i do , just i know how best to use my strong side,

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 03-25-2012 at 06:42 AM.

You can't make a general statement that satisfies the question of who has it harder, a CD, TS, or a woman. Each has it's own set of hardships based on different criteria. But you can't even compare the hardships that women might have to the hardships that CD's might have. A woman, and most all TS's don't have a choice to be who they are, how they dress and act to the world at large. A CD does have those choices. he can go through life with no one even knowing he's a CD. Hands down, being a CD is far easier then being either a woman or a TS.
    Simple response, a CD has choices not afforded to women and most TS's. Between women and TS's, it's based on how each individual lives their life. Perhaps about the same degree of hardships but with some same and different life experiences. Results will vary on what's harder based on individual use of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    A woman, and most all TS's don't have a choice to be who they are, how they dress and act to the world at large.
    I think they do, Brandy. How many times have you seen CDers complaining, e.g., that GG's don't wear dresses any more? I was doing a bit of that myself (in a joking way) a couple of days ago. The GG's just laugh at us and go on dressing as they like. These days they certainly have a lot more freedom to choose what roles they will play in life, compared to what they might have had a few generations ago. And as far as their general behavior in society goes, I see women all over the spectrum. I think they have quite a few choices these days, and I think they're taking advantage of them pretty well. And fair play to them!

I'm not going to be drawn into the argument, though, as to who has things tougher, GG's or CDers. Someone who has been both might be able to comment.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by lori m crawford View Post
    wood you think being a women be harder then a cd-ts in life or bing a cd-ts is easer
    Don't you think it would be easier just being content with the sex you are born with, be it male or female? It's what I feel. Sure is easier to live a man's role than a woman's no matter how you look at it.

Banned Read only
    This post is spot on.

Comparing a CD to a Genetic woman is like comparing playing house as a child versus owning a house as an adult.
    It is quite shocking to think that their might be people that think that the two are even remotely the same or that they even share the most remote things in common.
    I have partially developed female reproductive organs and yet I even don't compare myself to a full GG who has been " herself " since birth.
    I invite any cross dresser to live 24-7 starting now.
    No matter what you look like, no matter how afraid you become you cannot dress in anything but female clothing and never revert back to anything male for any reason.
    You must go to work, school, the grocery store, etc, You must face your family, friends, co workers and society for the rest of your life as you.
    You must face lower salaries, threat of rape, physical violence condescending remarks, your ideas and your thoughts being discounted and dismissed by men.

Welcome to the world of the full time woman.

Julia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    Let me see

A woman is more likely to be physically and emotionally abused, raped, malnourished, will earn less money for the same work, is more likely to spend that money on family than herself, has less freedom in almost every mainstream religion and in a large number of countries has no say in the political, social or legal constitution of her society.

Give me a break. Being a CD is a walk in the park compared to being a woman.

I'm being bitchy I know but I get a little bit tired of the "my life is so hard because I wasn't born a woman" line. No offence but for a majority of members here, our life is incomparably easy compared to the majority of the human race. (I think that may also have been a tautology?!).

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adina View Post
    Let me see

Right on all points. Let's face it. For most of us here, we have no clue about what it is to be a woman. Certainly, there are some members who do live full-time as women, and don't ever wear male clothing. But for most of the rest of us....we're playing at being women. We'll never know how it feels to actually experience womanhood. And for that matter, few of us will ever know what it's like to be a TS either. In the series "My Transsexual Summer" my eyes were truly opened to what it's like to be a TS and trying live life as a Transwoman. Trying to blend in, knowing that you don't. Trying to get a job, and being turned down because of who you are. While I agree that GGs don't have it as bad as that, it still must be very hard in different cultures and countries.

In another thread, we were discussing what we admire most about women. For me, this is one of them.
    Last edited by Piora; 03-25-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    A genetic female is born a woman and raised as a female. A TS finds out later in life they are a woman. So probably harder for the TS since they need to learn new behavior, and untrain themselves about being raised as a male. Then there is SRS, HRT etc. to deal with.
    Oops
    It seems I left out the CD part. This is the easiest hands down.

The TS has most of the GG issues plus the descrimination from society from not being a genetic female. They don't however go through childbirth or raising a family in most instances. Being a GG is no picnic either.

No disprespect to any group if you think I have this wrong.
    Last edited by Marleena; 03-25-2012 at 09:46 AM.

It's always easiest to be what you feel you are, to be anything else is hard, just ask a TS.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

'Harder' is all a state of mind. If you enjoy doing something, then even though it may require effort, it's not always viewed as hard. Besides, what you state is difficult to quantify; there are CD's who just toss on a few female things and are comfortable with that, and others that spend hours getting ready. Just like GG's do. In general, most GG's spend way more time on their bodies and outfits than 'normal' men do. But as most of those women never knew anything different, I suppose they just think it's 'normal' as well.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Being a genetic woman isn't an easy row to hoe by any means Hon, for a plethora of reasons. I consider it much easier when I put my stuff back in the drawer when I'm done. Living en femme 24/7 is a whole other ball game all together.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    I think they do, Brandy. How many times have you seen CDers complaining, e.g., that GG's don't wear dresses any more? I was doing a bit of that myself (in a joking way) a couple of days ago. The GG's just laugh at us and go on dressing as they like. These days they certainly have a lot more freedom to choose what roles they will play in life, compared to what they might have had a few generations ago. And as far as their general behavior in society goes, I see women all over the spectrum. I think they have quite a few choices these days, and I think they're taking advantage of them pretty well. And fair play to them!

I'm not going to be drawn into the argument, though, as to who has things tougher, GG's or CDers. Someone who has been both might be able to comment.

Best wishes, Annabelle
    Annabelle, You totally missed my point. A GG has no choice to be anything but what she is, a GG. It has nothing to do with how she dresses. A CD has the choice of never letting anyone know he is a CD.
    You can't compare the two.

I kneel before all who step over the line and leave the male side of life behind. No matter how I was to dress I could not stand up to those who face a tough world that men can face every day then go home and dress as women.I for one respect everone in their choise and stand behind their right th changh as they feel or need. My love and respect to all who step over the pink line.
    Wonderwho
    .... and someday I too will become a butterfly screamed the catapiller!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Annabelle, You totally missed my point. A GG has no choice to be anything but what she is, a GG. It has nothing to do with how she dresses. A CD has the choice of never letting anyone know he is a CD.
    You can't compare the two.
    Sorry, Brandy, I suppose I did miss the point, but I'm afraid I still don't see it. Are you saying that a woman's life is automatically harder than a CDer's simply because she can't hide the fact that she's a GG, whereas he can hide the fact that he's a CDer?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    Hard to tell. Am I fat and ugly or ravishingly beautiful? This could make a difference.
    Sad as it may be you are correct. Be it a gg or a TS the closer one fits to what society sees as the ideal..... the easier time you'll have.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg