Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaved legs in the summer

Shaved legs in the summer

I want to keep my legs smooth this summer. I am not hairy at all but I wonder how people will react to my smooth legs.. Anyone else had this experience??

When people noticed I shaved my legs and asked why I simply told them I hate hair. Most of all I never had a bad out come from it. Good Luck.

There are countless products aimed at males to remove body hair. Nobody really cares and millions of men remove their body hair everyday, yet this is always an issue on these forums. =p

I'll wager that few, if any, people will say anything at all.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Every once in a while someone may notice or say something. When questioned I tell them "yes, it's bikini time gotta be smooth!" In a very low overly macho voice. In all seriousness it gets easier over time to tell people you shave I do it now without any 2nd thought or excuses.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Platinum Member
    mostly, they won't react, even if they notice. Like you, I'm not particularly hairy and I have kept my legs shaved for a more than a decade now. No one ever mentions it.

Shaved mine this time last year and have not stopped. No one has once commented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

a bit nutty
    I'm caught off guard with the freakishly hot weather right now. Out of necessity I have worn shorts outside with my hairless legs exposed and nobody said anything, yet. People do look, but in a "your fly's undone" kind of way. They don't want to be caught looking.

I can't wait to have someone ask me about it so I can bashfully place my pinky finger on my bottom lip and reply in my most flamboyant voice "I was so hoping you would notice!" then chuckle and tell them I just like it that way. Hair is gross and makes me look old, it also makes it hard to apply sunblock without slopping on the whole damn bottle. None of this is a lie so it's easy to say. I'm surprised that most regular guys are too stuck in the macho man mode to recognize this truth and leave leg hairs in place. YUCKY and impractical.

I never had anyone notice.

If you are a cyclist, as I am, it's a good excuse if you need one. No one ever commented back when I did shave my legs. However, since I stopped competitive cycling, harder to use that with my SO, who does not know of my dressing. So no bare legs for me, but I agree with others here that few if any will even notice, much less care.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Martin View Post
    If you are a cyclist, as I am, it's a good excuse if you need one. No one ever commented back when I did shave my legs. However, since I stopped competitive cycling, harder to use that with my SO, who does not know of my dressing. So no bare legs for me, but I agree with others here that few if any will even notice, much less care.

I don't cycle hard-core anymore, but I am planning to get back into my mountain bike and try "mud runs"....So, I'm using keeping my legs shaved as a motivator to get in good enough shape to justify telling people that "I ride, so I like to keep them shaved"......

...a head-game to be sure, but between that and my Nike+ app on my iPod, I'm hoping for good results

Also....even if you're not a competitive cyclist anymore....road rash is still a concern (especially in groups with inexperienced cyclist) so, you probably should consider keeping your legs shaved.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

When I was a teenager there was a German lady that never shaved her legs! We called her miss hairy legs! I don't want to be called miss hairy legs so I keep my legs shaved all year around!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My solution to make sure that people don't notice my shaved legs is to wear denim skirts instead of shorts and wear sandals with painted toenails. After they see those items they are not going to notice if my legs are shaved!

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Keep em shaved its a wonderful thing an feeling an its worth all the crap if any at all ,, One less thing to worry about when dressing , Get your ears done no one will notice your leggs ,, Or you can do what I do ?? Keep your toes painted they will stare at that first . OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH B HAIVE !!!! Or I wear panyhose an shorts an they cant tell my leggs are shaved ... LOL...LOL...
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shyselina View Post
    I want to keep my legs smooth this summer. I am not hairy at all but I wonder how people will react to my smooth legs.. Anyone else had this experience??
    Sweetie,

"People" won't react at all. They haven't a clue who you are or what the normal state of hair on your legs is. The ones who will notice will be your wife, your kids (maybe), your parents (maybe), those close to you.

The only answer needed to those so impolite to ask is, "I like it that way."

Seriously, do you ask a women why she DOESN'T shave her legs? No, you do not. Why? Because it's a horribly impolite question. It's just as impolite to ask a man why he DOES shave his legs. It's a personal grooming question and in this society we DON'T ask questions about other people's personal grooming habits.

Anyone who asks such a question is a social idiot and deserves a slap up side da head. You, as a polite member of society, would never do this, of course. But you could reply that it's just none of their business. Or, as I said before, a simple statement that you like it that way should suffice.

Honestly, male grooming has changed a great deal in this regard over the past few years. The NO-NO hair removal system ads on TV show a man removing his chest hair with their device. Relax already about your legs. It's OK to go hairless.

Auntie Stephenie

Aspiring Member
    Oh, I just shaved the body, it soooo nice. My ex never complained - I got tp do the chin now. Oh yea - will do eppy in a few days.

I know that I already commented, but I just left Starbucks and the man in front of me had on shorts and had shaved legs. I was most likely the only one to notice, and he did what we all should, just went about his business like nothing was amiss, and nothing was!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like all of the previous commentators, been shaving for some time now and no one notices... Told the bioreplacements that I stood too close to the camp fire and the hair doesn't grow back anymore.... Other than that, no one seems to care. But I do. Love it smooth...

Renne.....

Nobody notices mine and I don't think they care.
    I only get comments about shapely legs, that takes the focus away from the lack of hair.
    I do not need to shave my legs. I wish that was the case with other parts of my anatomy.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

People dont say too much to me besides nice legs (guys and gals) few say awe your legs are smoother than mine and I say duh act like you dont know about me besides that though first thing people usually notice about me in "guy mode" if there is still even too much of a thing call that with me any more is I wear eyeliner mascara lip gloss girls shorts and rock pink shirts like no other but really whats it matter if they do look they may just be jealous there balls are "too big" in this situation to do it.. and the girls may just be jealous lot of girls love it
    Last edited by JLynn17; 03-22-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    My Life Is Your Fantasy,

There are some that do notice, last summer I shaved my, first day, wife came in and saw them, and worried all summer some one might notice, she was the only one that did! But then it's cold here most of the summer, and I don't get to wear shorts all that often.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I went smooth 7 years ago and no one said a thing.
    Not even close friends ... and that's where I expected a reaction. Now hairless all over since then I love it and won't go back. I particularly love the way my legs look smooth and tanned in a pair of cute shorts or a summer skirt.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Your right Ayame I noticed the other day that they now have a Nair brand aimed at men.. Caught me off guard. LOL

Once I started, I never looked back. No one has said a word. Ever.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Been shaving my legs for a while now.I live in Texas and wear shorts all the time. No one has ever said anything.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8