Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you okay with being transgendered?

I am who I am and that's all I am. Have I accepted it, yes because I like me. I really like me a whole lot more as a F tho

When did the light bulb go off? Call it midlife if you wish but at 40 I decided I was tired of being what others wanted and I needed to do something for me. Still 17 years later I haven't totally made myself happy but I am less concerned about how people see me. As long as they see me as a kind and good person that is what I am here for.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

abbyleigh
    Yes, I am very comfortable in my chosen gender... Once I finally realized that it was I who had to finally accept abby my whole world changed positively... There is now peace and tranquility in my life... No more anxiety or guilt attacks and amazingly the public is really more involved within their own world than mine...

abby

It is a herculean task managing TGism in any society of the world no matter how tolerant that society is. My history like most girls here was also filled with bumps. I have been trying/pretending to be a guy it has been my struggle. The turning point of my life is when i realize that the more i accept am a TG the less i want to dress, my second turning point (if i may say so) is when i realize and accept that the chances of me finding a woman that will accept me is almost zero, and thirdly is when i realize that am not alone (many TGs in the world). Accepting those three facts really helped me............and yeah this site helped alot in my journey.

Being yourself is always ok, being who you are not isn't. Been ok since day of realization and am happier for it.

I am 100% ok with it . Infact , I love it more than anything else . I hope I stick with it for long.
    We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

[SIZE="2"]- Sam Keen, from To Love and Be Loved[/SIZE]

*Chill*

Interesting question.

When I was in the military, I received a lot of training in how to respond to being interrogated, what to expect if captured, etc. My absolute biggest fear was not death or injury but that I would be forced to admit out loud that I was trans. How I got from that to THIS is still a bit of a mystery to me.

I don’t know exactly what triggered things, possibly the deaths of some friends, but I reached a point where I HAD to be true to who I am.

So far, my life has gotten exponentially better, including my marriage. More complicated, more drama at times, sometimes tears, but definitely better.

That woman inside has been waiting a LONG time to get out and she doesn't appear to want to go back!

Debby
    Debby

I am now, in the beginning no. It has taken a number of years to be OK with who I am becoming. Only time will tell where I end up, but I plan on enjoying the trip to the fullest.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Banned Read only
    I am not okay with being transgendered in the slightest. I truly hate it.

I have no one to talk to about it with. There's no place to go (but that's more money/gas issues than anything else). My family refuses to acknowldge it in even the tiniest bit. And since coming out about it, I've lost every single friend I once had.

If I could go back in time and stop myself from telling any one, I would in a heart beat.

And yes, I am trying to make it go away. I put all the female clothes over in the corner of the room where even I will never have to see them and think about it. I try to avoid the LGBT community whenever I can. I honestly don't know why I even come to this site anymore.
    Last edited by GBJoker; 03-24-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Stephanie, something in the way you expressed your thoughts reminded me of "Are you sure you're having fun?" "Yes, DAMMIT, I already told you I'm having fun, now get off my case! "
    Sandra-leigh,
    It looks a bit like you are taking what I wrote out of context. I was trying to express the fact that acceptance of ones TGness is not just one simple thing, there are lots of dimensions to it. As I said, I have learned to love the woman I am, and have accepted her as the person I have always really been. I have also gotten really tired of all the problems that being TG has added to my life. Will I deal with them and keep working my way forward, you bet I will. So, asking if I am Okay with being TG is kind of a limited question in a very large topic.........................Stephanie

Marleena Honey, great thread.
    I am way in the closet. To date I have only told one person, besides you all of course about Filomena(really Gina but I have yet to figure out how to change my name here, Filomena...what was I thinking). BUT I realize at a deep level that this feeling will not just go away, I have to deal with being TG'd. In the past I ran and got drunk and did drugs and almost died, I never really knew why, I buried it so deep. I still am not really happy being male. I do not want to be a gay dude but even that would be easier than being to the left of middle like I am designed.
    So I deal with it but I only get so far. I continue to loose weight and shave and under dress, I can barley take my forms off anymore I love wearing them so much, so relaxing.
    Knowledge is power, and I am glad to know what I am, I feel I have accepted myself....well I am close to it...Thanks everybody for their answers, a big help for this girl.
    polythene pam

Quote Originally Posted by GBJoker View Post
    I am not okay with being transgendered in the slightest. I truly hate it.

I have no one to talk to about it with. There's no place to go (but that's more money/gas issues than anything else). My family refuses to acknowldge it in even the tiniest bit. And since coming out about it, I've lost every single friend I once had.

If I could go back in time and stop myself from telling any one, I would in a heart beat.

And yes, I am trying to make it go away. I put all the female clothes over in the corner of the room where even I will never have to see them and think about it. I try to avoid the LGBT community whenever I can. I honestly don't know why I even come to this site anymore.
    I'm so sorry for you my friend! Like my psychiatrist told me yesterday if people can't accept you the way you are they have the problem! I know it's easy for him to say but it's true. Avoiding it and the community won't make it go away but only cause you more grief. Have you considered a gender therapist, they tell us we only need one if we can't deal with who we are.

I've fought with being transgendered for decades myself. Only when I accepted it's part of my being have I found peace. I haven't told close friends or family that is the only difference between us. You put your trust in those people and feel betrayed because they can't understand your being different.

You see when I transform to a woman people will have a problem with that. It's a visual thing with all MTF's, it's obvious we are different. If they know me as a guy I look and seem normal so the change is drastic. It's hard for them to handle.

Ever wonder why a homosexual male that doesn't dress is easier to accept? It's because usually he looks like the rest of the guys. Put a dress and makeup on him and that changes the acceptance for many. People automatically have problems with something different outside of the norms unless they know or met somebody that might fall into that category.

Once people become educated that we were born different will it become easier for us. We won't seem so threatening to their own beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by FILOMENA View Post
    I still am not really happy being male. I do not want to be a gay dude but even that would be easier than being to the left of middle like I am designed.
    Hmmmmm this sounds very familiar. I hoped like crazy that coming out as gay would be enough. ...It wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

"Gay? I wish! If I were gay they'd be no problem! No, what I have is a romantic abnormality, one so unbelievable that it must be hidden from the public at all cost. You see..."

Aspiring Member
    You mean like I have a choice? I yam what I yam,and I stopped fighting it a long time ago. OK? Yes, more than OK, with myself. With intolerance, not so much.

I'm not ok with being transgendered. I have totally accepted myself but I can't dress as much as I want to which just tortures me. I'm dealing with it one day at a time.