Thread: Anything that should have been you? But you missed out because of your gender?

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar

Wink Anything that should have been you? But you missed out because of your gender?

At 10 I saw my dream car. I knew it was true love. At 23 I saw another woman making "love" to my dream vehicle. At 40 I finally acquired my true love, and made her mine...but it should have been me who was in the 1974 JAGUAR ads.

So what did you miss out on? What should have been your right?

Em
    E-Type Girl

YES, I am silly..but I am a silly goose by nature
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Living with a heel in each world.

E mily that is cute! I guess I should of been my other sister! You know the one! The one I never had! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Love the car! And you definitely pass the pretty test, Emily!

Let's see -- things missed -- the girl's side of the playground in Kindergarden through third grade (I tried so hard, but they wouldn't let me). Being a part of girl world in middle and high school. Dates. the Senior Prom . . .

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

[SIZE="3"]I should of been Miss Kitty, running the Long Branch Saloon in Dodge City. Guess I missed that by 250 yrars!! [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Hey Susan,

I live on a farm, with my landlord's horses all around me. You are welcome to come pour me a drink, and I would left the swinging doors open so you can smell the horses.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

I wanted to be a cheerleader. When I was in high school, I knew most of the girls on the squad, and unlike how the media presents cheerleaders, they were all very nice to each other, and everyone else. It would have been nice to have friends like that when I was in school. Maybe those years wouldn't have been such a nightmare.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Picking out first dress, first time looking for a bra, swimsuit, ect. Things Mothers do with thier daughter. I am considering inviting my Mom to look at wedding dresses with me. She knows I dress, but has never met Diane. I guess what I missed is mother daughter bonding time.
    Last edited by Diane Lynn; 03-25-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Emily, I guess that there a lot of things but I think about all the things that I would've
    missed like they say the grass is aways greener on the other side of the fence.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Easter Sundays as a little girl, first school dance, senior prom, wedding day......you name it. I wanted all those things. And even though men do many of the same things, let's face it....it's different. I wanted to wear the beautiful dresses, do my hair up, and wear all the pretty jewelry.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I missed my calling....
    pink.jpg That's me...back row third from the left....lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Basically a husband and children Emily. Otherwise, I ended up being exactly who I was supposed to be and doing exactly what I was supposed to do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I remember the old ads for Maidenform bras. The idea was a girl shown wearing the bra and saying some crazy thing she dreamed she was doing in her Maidenform bra. One had a girl leaping out of an airplane with the caption 'I dreamed I skydived in my Maidenform bra'. Never wanted to skydive, but the bra sure sounded nice. I couldn't find a copy of that ad but here's a sample I did find.

More at this site:

http://www.retronaut.co/2011/10/i-dr...ads-1944-1966/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

Just being more open about my feelings....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I always wanted an XK120, Em! Heard the E types had lots of problems!
    250px-1950_Jaguar_XK120_34.jpg

And, your thread reminds me: I haven't yet done a "Pretty girl with/on a classic car" session yet!

Ah! Yet another task for poor, overworked Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I always wanted an XK120, Em! Heard the E types had lots of problems!
    250px-1950_Jaguar_XK120_34.jpg

And, your thread reminds me: I haven't yet done a "Pretty girl with/on a classic car" session yet!

Ah! Yet another task for poor, overworked Sherry!
    But Sherry you need to do that photoshoot! Nothing better than a hot chick and a hot car!

As a matter of fact I need to do it too! I only have pics of my muscle car with me in guy mode ughhh..

Having my mom enroll me in ballet class when she first enrolled my younger sister.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Well, here is a recent picture of me and my car.

shelbya.jpg

Seriously though. Looking at my life - I'm pretty damn lucky! I'm sure I've missed out on a lot and there certainly is a lot that I want, but not much that I need.

Namaste.
    Debby

When I was 5, I wanted to be a brownie, When I got old enough, they let me join the cub scout, it just wasn't the same. When I was 9 I wanted to join my sister in Rainbow girls, I loved their formals, but that didn't work out either, but I did a chance to try on a few of those formals!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

How I Wish I Looked!!! Jessica_M's Avatar
    Being that "pretty girl" that gets the admiring stares.....
    Wearing the pretty outfits and participating in "retail therapy"
    Finding "the man of my dreams" (without a beautiful wife!! - ala Alanis Morrisette)
    It would be nice to not be conflicted about who I am... and how I see myself.

And I have also wished I were born a woman. Missed out on all these things and more.

But I finally said to myself "STOP IT". You can drive yourself crazy by wishing what could have been.

Yes, your parents could have had a baby girl instead of you. But it WOULD'NT BE YOU. You would not exist.

Like it or not, that Y-chromosone that lurks in every cell in our bodies is an integral part of what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Just being more open about my feelings....
    Wow, Karren, a genuine moment of serious contemplation.

You have pegged what I also missed the most during my childhood. I was never macho or a jock to cover my femininity, but not allowing myself to be expressive was how I over-compensated against my true inner feelings. I was "a man of few words". In my Senior HS yearbook, under my pic, I wrote "It's better to be quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it".

That was totally wrong for me. Now, I would say, "It's far better to be just who you are, than to lock your heart away, thinking you are keeping it safe". I wish I could go back and allow myself to be expressive, to laugh, to cry, to dance, to risk being open with my heart, to be happy without caring what others thought.

I can't change the past, but I am letting my heart guide me now.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan