Thread: Wigs vs. Headscarves.

Wigs vs. Headscarves.

I know I am in a minority here, but who here prefers headscarves over wigs? When I do my "en femme" thing, I wear a silk headscarf folded in the hijab style, like this:

Sometimes I would fold it in a more Western fashion, but I prefer the hijab style.

Headscarves are cheaper than wigs, too. And more versatile.

Never thought of a scarf. I have to try it, I bet it is cooler than a wig in the summer too. Of course it would be nice to have femenine facial features to pull it off.

I usually have a headscarf + aviator sunglasses on when I crossdress. Unfortunately, a headscarf doesn't go well with skimpy clothing in my opinion - it's good if you are wearing trousers/long sleeves.

If I wore a head scarf I would look like the queen of England.
    A nice lady but do I want to look like that?

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    If I wore a head scarf I would look like the queen of England.
    A nice lady but do I want to look like that?
    Try the hijab style, then. That works well, too.

Love this video, as I've been thinking of the same thing in the recent weeks. Had looked at You Tube previously, but this one I like the best. Thanks for sharing this. Very feminine looking when done right.

Try it! It's easier than wearing a wig or re-doing your hair.

Aspiring Member
    Just a lovely demonstration. Obviouly for the voice, you are hardly a crossdresser; however, should I have guessed wrong. who is your voice coach. She has achieved a miricle!!!

I think they are pretty cool but then I also like to wear clips and bows, headbands and flowers in my hair occasianally.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

THe last time i tryed it, I looked like a cancer pactent, or atleast that's what I was told...

I can see yhy it would work well for some ladies! But the bald eagle will still be bald! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

If I were to wear a scarf it would be in the fashion my mother used to use. But a wig is still my choice.

Platinum Member
    Oh No, My wig is my crowing glory.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I sometimes like to wear hijab,scarfs .But I need to follow some video tutorials to wear them in the right way.The scarf/hijab look good with tight pants/shirts.
    We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

[SIZE="2"]- Sam Keen, from To Love and Be Loved[/SIZE]

*Chill*

Silver Member
    I have considered wearing a headscarf as an alternative to a wig because they can be so hot (especially in the summer), but haven't yet. I am not sure if I could pass with one instead of a wig, and I worry I might draw negative attention. I think scarves are very pretty and sexy, I have worn one over my wig Grace Kelly style (in the cold months or with air conditioning running.) I always liked how some women used to wear scarves and a rain bonnet over that to protect their hairdos in the rain also, always thought that was a cute look for some reason.

Hi,

Does nobody take note of what i wear. or may be people are so used to seeing me & knowing what i wear,

Head wear , pretty much all i wear is a head scarf , some times my long ones are down my back or short ones with a short tail , the other way i wear them is like a wrap around turbin , the one in my avatra pic, is my long one , one of 6 so far, over the last 4 months i have it in my turbin style & i get nice comments on them.

For our Edwardian & Renaissance groups i have similar some are white, about 30 ins sq, some are 60 ins & 48 ins i have a good number of colours & i buy the fabric & make / sew them as well .

As i dont have any hair & im not going to get sunburn ill wear a sun hat one of 5 & pinks of cause plus other colours.
    so between those & scarves they are pretty much my normal wear, every day,
    As to wigs ill only wear one for our Edwardian group & that means a hat as well or bonnets & i make my own .

...noeleena...