Thread: A 'passing" risk- a seminar en femme

A 'passing" risk- a seminar en femme

I took a real "passing" risk recently.

I have always wanted to attend a conference or a seminar en femme. Of course, the risk is that you have a lot of close one-to-one contact, the need to talk and it could go badly and be embarassing. But.... if it all works and you pass... what a thrill!

I was traveling on business, and a local investment group was having a seminar on a topic that I was actually interested in. I decided to register and go as Gail (picture below). I hadn't brought black dressy shoes, so I had to run out and buy these, and the bolero sweater because I didn't want my arms to be a tip off (and because it is a more modest, cute look).

When I arrived, the event was in the dining room of this pub/restaurant, and was limited to the people at the event only. The attendance of about 25 only included about 5 women, and I was the one who stood out with a dress on. Well- it seemed to go very well. I sat at a small table with three guys, including the director. The guy sitting across from me talked to me a lot, and he seemed interested in me.

If I was "read" by anyone, I couldn't tell. One guy seemed to be skeptical, but he was shy, too. At the end of the seminar, the speaker approached me and asked if he addressed all my questions. We spoke for about five minutes. including talking about his kids.

What a fun experience! I think that I really imporoved my femme voice and mannerisms, and I only slipped and caught myself a few times.

I took the pictures in the ladies room at my hotel when I returned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's wonderful that you had a good time, btw I love your pics.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Congrats Gail! Awesome!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 03-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar

Smile Conference

I really like your dress and your mary jane pumps.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Yeah girl, I do beleave you passed with that great look and beautiful dress! Keep having fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I think you look very good, I probably wouldn't consider you a man if I saw you out somewhere. I would probably just check out your dress and shoes!

Wonderful -- that must have been a real confidence builder. And I love the dress too! Thanks for sharing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    You look "mahvelous" as Billy Christal once said. I often wonder about people that probably know I am a man in a dress and still are so nice and respectful and treat me like a lady, I wonder if they are secretly crossdressers as well and wish they could have the courage to be dressed. Just a thought!!!
    I want to be this girl!

Gail, what a wonderful story. You were very brave to do this. How could you pay attention to the seminar feeling as feminine as you were in that beautiful dress and makeup? You go girl!!!!!!!!!!

Gail ,
    Thanks for the nice story and the great pictures .
    I have been wanting to do the same thing ,maybe your story will encourage me to just do it .

I could see how you would pass . your outfit works well

BTW, for thosse who may not be as pretty and as apparently passable as Gail you may want to consider an event like this carefully.

When you are out for a stroll or shopping people simply go by you; they don't really get more than a glimpse or two if they notice you at all. But in a seminar you are confined to one spot with the same people who have little to do but to look at each other. You may very well be called upon to speak, either to the entire group or as a participant in a small breakout session like the table that Gail was at. You are likely to sit and chat with folks at lunch, during coffee breaks, and even in the ladies' room.

It is a delightful, high-flying experience, but you need to consider confined situations like that before you enter into them.

My hat is off to Gail!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).