Thread: Been seen by woman next door

Been seen by woman next door

My wife was out and I just took the opportunity to briefly dress. Walked into conservatory and for what ever reason the woman next door was looking over the fence. In all my years, very deep in the closet (but not with the wife) this has not happened to me before. When I spotted her, she looked away and I quickly exited. My head is in turmoil. Should I tell my wife, what happens if she tells others!

Been on this site for many years, and this is my first post.

I had a similar experience but with the difference that my wife doesn't know I dress. My greatest fear was there would be a remark made when, as neighbours do, they meet and chat in the street. Well nothing happened and life went on. I would however as you have the support of your wife tell her. That way if something is said she's not caught off guard and better prepared to respond. You may get told off for being a bit careless but that's better than having her come in the house having been confronted with a neighbour's questions and feeling as embarrassed as hell.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Because your wife knows, ask her opinion. Welcome to the group!

i agree, since your wife knows, I'd tell her so she can prepare herself if confronted by the neighbor. I'd like to kow if you and your neighbor are friends or not. That could make a difference in what to do or say to your wife.

Gold Member
    Look at it this way. Would you want your wife to tell something and later on find out there was a part of it she didn't tell you and you got caught offguard in front of someone else? She is with you in what you do. It doesn't mean that you have to dump every detail on her. But if you don't tell her something like this, she could get surprised by the neighbor. Better prepared and not needing to be, than stumbling for words later on.

I must agree with sue, since you two talk and it sounds like she doesn't mind if you dress, maybe if anyone need to talk to your neighbour may your SO can easlier than you, i would be my neighbour has seen me, but she doesn't say anything about it. Good luck.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

My neighbor's wife saw me in my backyard once. She has never spoken to me since and he only rarely says hello. I have learned to be very careful since then. Probably nothing will come of your situation, but best to tell the SO just in case.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

Tell your wife. Maybe she'll ask the neighbor why she was looking over the fence? I bet she didn't recognize you if you were wearing your wig.
    I wonder if she thinks your having an affair? Hummm Nosy neighbors!
    I hope she doesn't make you her maid, sex slave or something in return for her silence.

Nothing to worry about. People don't care how you're dressed, or what you do (I was going to say in the privacy of your own home) but guess that doesn't fit here. Go with the flow, dress, and be happy, as long as your wife or SO is good with it.

Hey Silk- You just made me spit all over my laptop. That WAS funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    If I've learned anything from crossdressing stories on the internet, there will be a knock on your door, she'll make you dress up, make you go out shopping for new clothes, and then she'll make you clean her kitchen in one of your new dresses.

I don't keep my crossdressing a secret at all. I answer the door no matter what street clothes I wear. I have helped my neighbors while wearing a dress.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Hi Rachel!

Sorry to hear that you had a bit of a scare! But glad that it brought you onto the forum. Welcome!

If your wife is O.K. with hearing about it I think it would be best to mention it to her, you know, casually. At least that way the neighbor won't take her by surprise if she tells her there was some woman in your conservatory.

Our fears magnify these situations well beyond the actual events.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Tell your wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    If I've learned anything from crossdressing stories on the internet, there will be a knock on your door, she'll make you dress up, make you go out shopping for new clothes, and then she'll make you clean her kitchen in one of your new dresses.
    Now that's funny I don't care who you are!
    If only it could've been me! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thanks for the advise. I will tell my wife, this weekend when the time is right. She will not be happy even though she has supported me dressing for a very long time. She is friends with the woman next door, but not close friends. The last time I was caught was by my mom 35 years ago. Just hope this does not get out.

Thats one thing i hate about living the city ...neighbors can at times be a real pain ...pretty cool at others ...So I do my best to be considerate of others who live around me. Therefore i do my best to me mindful of my appearance when i step outside mainly because I do have some concerns that the changes in my appearance my confuse some little kids and give them nightmeres ....but the adults..they can all kiss my elbow... if they cannot deal with living around someone like me ...they are free to move!

Banned Read only
    Tell your wife. Your wife needs to know in case she is approached by the neighbor. She won't be in the dark about it. Also, in case she starts getting the cold shoulder when she encounters her. I just hope you did not violate any boundaries you and your wife had formally or informally negotiated over the years.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, The cats out of the bag now so tell your wife
    keep us posted.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Rachel:

I had something similar happen this week. I live in a ranch like setting and the neighbors are pretty spread out. No one in this very cowboy community knows about me. I had to be somewhere earlier than I usually leave and met every neighbor on the one lane dirt road out of here. I was able to avoid direct looks with some sneaky driving but a couple of ladies walking their dogs were right in the road. I know all of these people so i was in somewhat of a panic and probably driving too fast. Anyway, one did a double take hard enough to break her neck. ( I hope she is all right HA HA!) So, I just told my wife ( who knows) with a smirk that- oh by the way, if the neighbors ask, my sister just came to visit - she does not know the speed limit here. My wife just laughed.

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    Over a period of time my neighbour has come toknow that I dress. She is cool with it and has raised it with me a couple of times. She is a lovely person all round. So no issues there. However it took me a long time to confirm her belief. We are good friendsand do exchange presents on Birthdays and Christmas. She has given me lingerie as a present to, in her words to say what I do is OK with her. So no surprises if she does see me at a Femme moment.

Rule number two in any relationship is no surprises. Tell her (your SO) and she can just shrug it off with a simple excuse if the neighbour asks.
    Last edited by Jennifer Soames; 03-24-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: mistake

Funny how it is acceptable for women to dress in traditional mens attire yet a man wearing a nice blouse and skirt is considered unacceptable. This believe needs to change!

I know Sarah! thats a very true statement. You see women walking around wearing jeans and sneakers all the time but that never turns heads or draws attention. As soon as a male is spotted wearing a dress and heels, it becomes this major thing that people will look and stare..you just have to laugh it off and just keep doing what makes you happy. men were the ones who wore heels back in the 60's and 70's and not women, too bad things change with each decade.

Wouldn't be as much fun if everyone accepted this, now would it? Part of the interest is the taboo..but that being said, there's always the "I was just trying the clothes on to see what it would feel like to dress up", as if this was a one time thing, if this story gets legs. You Have to tell your wife...that's a given...or you're setting yourself up waiting for the hammer to drop and That's no fun! Might want to be more careful, though, as a second time might prompt stories for sure! When the skirt it out of the bag...it is what it is ...and life goes on!
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Big Hugs!
    Ash
    [/SIZE]

We talk to our next door neighbors but not to anyone else on the street. This weekend the neighbors next door are out of town so I have a little more latitude. The other neighbors probably know there is a couple that lives here and they don't know that my wife is gone so they would probably just think I was her only blonde. I came home yesterday and I think the whole street was out, but from the car I am 100% sure you can't tell I am not a woman. I went through the car wash yesterday and the attendants weren't by the kiosk where you pay, so I pull up and start digging in my purse for my card and here comes one of the young guys over to the car. Just about the time I get my card out he is standing at my window and asks "what wash do you want ma'am"? I handed him my card and was hoping he didn't look at the name on it, he didn't. But I didn't get any second stares or the stink eye, so I don't think the neighbors that saw me would give it a second thought, I was in my wife's car.

The question is ... do you think the neighbor recognized you since you were dressed?
    If not then your wife can just say she had a friend visiting.
    We aren't flamboyant here when my wife and I go out, but I'm sure that the neighborhood "watch" has seen my wife leaving with her "girlfriend" and he must wonder why the "girlfriend" always drives my wife's car.
    Since my wife has taken up walking (there's a nearby park) she occasionally meets the "watchman". He always likes to chat and I keep waiting for him to ask her about her friend. After all, there aren't that many tall beauties in our neighborhood....LOL.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Mentioned it to the wife today when we were in the car. She did not ask any questions but seems to be OK!!! Have no option now but to wait and see if anything happens. Really hope not.