Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I shaved my legs... Heresy!

:
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal-c View Post
    Maybe as she was shaving she thought "Now I am going to have to do this all the time" and so it went immediately into "Chore" mode.
    Hahaha....
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Just like having electrolysis on the face is a different experience for many I think subtle differences in our nerves and how our brain processes the signals can explain this. I have always been very sensual and sensitive. I love that I mostly have soft skin and even more so now that I use plenty of moisturizers. I feel very clean, smooth, pretty, sensuous, and a multitude of things after I have shaved. It really does help put me in a girl state of mind. I'm sorry that many do not experience this but I am very glad that I do!
    Sally

I realize I never posted back here. As I promised, I shaved my legs (and pretty much everywhere else) for the Keystone TG conference in March. I even used a ladies razor in the shower to get the last few hairs that my electric shaver refused to remove. It certainly felt very feminine and I loved being able to slide on some sheer hose to go with my evening gown. I adored the look, but no, it still wasn't a magical mind-blowing moment. Contrary to some hypotheses, I am a very tactile person, and love the feel of silky fabrics. Maybe my hair is just so fine that it doesn't impede the sensation much even when its there. On the other hand, I could have also been thinking subconsciously about my wife's feelings on the matter. In fact, a few weeks later we had a bit of a fight over the shaving issue. She finds shaved legs a huge turnoff. I suppose since it wasn't a huge deal for me, I can live with hairy legs for a while, at least for the summer.

Sometimes I wish I had hair on my legs so that I could feel what it is like to shave it off .
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You may be a cyborg! Do you have a tendency to wear a black leather jacket and sun glasses at night? Are you looking or Sarah Connors????

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic? Sure, it certainly didn't suck and I do like the way my legs now look in sheer hose (no base layer of tan opaque tights, huzzah!). But was it some sensual, out-of-body experience? No.
    It's OK. lol

I don't go into raptures when I shave my legs either. And neither does my SO. As several people have mentioned here, it's a utilitarian thing, like brushing teeth or washing hair.
    Reine

Jaimie, you might do well to look at Sterlings post. I used to really get a buzz on when I'd shave my legs. Since the early 90s I hardly get any sensation at all. Why? Diabetes. I've had major nerve damage done to my legs as a resuly of it. Please get yourself checked out. It can't hurt.

A while back i had bought a pair of the cutest shorts and i got tired of wearing hose to cover up the hair. So i shaved. Putting those shorts on with some 4 1/2" pumps and seeing and feeling my legs was toxic!

Quote Originally Posted by Noemi View Post
    Shaving legs and painting toe nails makes me happy.
    I tried painting my toe nails but the roller got paint all over the carpet.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have been bare legged for so long till I can't remember what it is like to have hairy legs anymore. I do remember that when I first did it it was the best feeling ever and going back to hair on legs is itchy

I'm like you. I don't feel euphoria when shaving my legs; it's just how they should be!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My first time shaving my legs wasn't a mind blowing event either.
    I do shave them every week or so just because it just feels better to me.YMMV

It is not that I feel good when I shave. It is because I feel gross when I don't. I never have liked my bodyhair, and I never will. I like to view myself as being atractive, and letting my bodyhair grow is counterproductive to that goal. For me, it is either shave, or cover up, and during a 110 degree Arizona summer day, I ain't covering up.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I shaved my legs a few days ago and... it was a non-event. Birds did not start singing, I did not feel magically refreshed, and no, wearing stockings did not suddenly feel 10x better. I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic? Sure, it certainly didn't suck and I do like the way my legs now look in sheer hose (no base layer of tan opaque tights, huzzah!). But was it some sensual, out-of-body experience? No.
    Jaime
    I think what has happened is that you have become complacent with your lady self and everything is becoming mundane. sort of like wearing a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Is this what happens when we get what we desire? I perfer keeping it exciting like putting her away and bringing her out at a later date. Only problem is that darn fog just keeps floating around for days it seems. What a thrill when she comes out though.

Thera

I’m ‘hair less’ from top to toe, the only hair on me is on my head, (and not much of that now). I shave at least twice a week and as yet I don’t think of it as a chore, I could not go back to being hairy. I live alone and work from home so no problems there and even in the summer when there’s more of me showing so to speak I have never had anyone comment.

I too, tend to shave as just a part of my so-called normal routine. It does feel nice because I have coarse hair and it really feels better in the summer too! I do a lot of work outdoors and I can really find the ticks fast now, an added bonus!

Shaving is just a preference that men and woman do if they want to do it. I am not more feminine when I am smooth, but I look and feel better when I am smooth.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I cant believe it!.
    When I shaved mine it was just amazing. and the best part was laying in bed with my wife 'spooning', and rubbing our smoothly shaved legs together.
    Just heaven.
    And it was so nice to NOT see hair sticking out of my hose too.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Oh, I used to have them waxed....but problem is the hair needs to grow back a bit before re-waxing, so i usually shave every couple of days. But its still a magical experience to have sheer 7 denier tights on fresh shaved legs....ooooh

Natasha

For me it isn't a mind-blowing experience, it just feels great! Comfortable in general, although you have to keep shaving because when those b*****s come back they itch! Sometimes cold in Winter, so you wear tights under your trousers/pants/jeans whatever... but I love the feeling... not mind-blowing I admit except for when we are 'in the mood' and I guess we are prone to exaggeration... Utilitarian... yeah. This is how I am now. I have a major problem with body hair on me... I love being clean shaven. It feels more 'natural'...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Wow, this thread has legs (bad pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    It's OK. lol

I don't go into raptures when I shave my legs either. And neither does my SO. As several people have mentioned here, it's a utilitarian thing, like brushing teeth or washing hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan_Renee View Post
    I'm like you. I don't feel euphoria when shaving my legs; it's just how they should be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    My first time shaving my legs wasn't a mind blowing event either.
    I do shave them every week or so just because it just feels better to me.YMMV
    Thanks to all of you for confirming that I'm not alone in this feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thera Home View Post
    Jaime
    I think what has happened is that you have become complacent with your lady self and everything is becoming mundane. sort of like wearing a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Is this what happens when we get what we desire? I perfer keeping it exciting like putting her away and bringing her out at a later date. Only problem is that darn fog just keeps floating around for days it seems. What a thrill when she comes out though.

Thera
    Thera, that might be a good explanation if I dressed and shaved regularly. Instead I dress a few times a month (at best) and I'm talking about the first time I shaved my legs, ever (I had shaved my arms and chest a few times before that, though).

Quote Originally Posted by bobbimo View Post
    I cant believe it!.
    When I shaved mine it was just amazing. and the best part was laying in bed with my wife 'spooning', and rubbing our smoothly shaved legs together.
    Just heaven.
    And it was so nice to NOT see hair sticking out of my hose too.
    I suppose it helps to have a wife who likes smooth legs on her partner. Mine can't stand it. If she did, I'm sure that would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa_59 View Post
    I tried painting my toe nails but the roller got paint all over the carpet.
    Well I suppose that better than using a spray can.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    You may be a cyborg! Do you have a tendency to wear a black leather jacket and sun glasses at night? Are you looking or Sarah Connors????
    I refuse to answer that question now, but...

I'LL BE BAACK.