Thread: Told my best friend...

Told my best friend...

Ok, I'll try not to bore you with the details, But I probably will...
    I am so happy right now!
    First of all, nobody that knows me has ever seen me dressed, or even knows that I dress. Scares the heck out of me if they ever would. However. this last week has been particularly rough for me, so I've been trying to keep my mind on other things...
    The other night while taking my time and grocery shopping, one of my best friends texts me, nothing much, just general chit chat like always. I don't get to see her very often as she lives about 150 miles away, in fact the last time we saw each other was in '09, but we keep in touch on facebook and texts. Anyway, back to the story, somehow we got to talking about rumors about each other and she told me one, and I said..."oh wow, not what I thought you were going to say". Sooo, she started guessing, and after a few subtle clues from me, she says, "you dress girly". I could have said No, but at that moment, I realized that this girl is the one person in the whole world that I would actually trust with this deep, dark, secret of mine....she's not judgemental, either...but with something like this, you never know...
    Fast forward to yesterday...worst day I've had in a long time, I haven't dressed in a couple of months I think, and last night I just couldn't think of anything that would be better to do to get my mind off of my problems... 8:30, dressed and out the door, I hop in my car and just take off. Wasn't sure where I was going until I was halfway there...(there's a statement!) I text my friend to see what she's up to, and she gives me directions to her place. I explain to her that she might be surprised to see me...
    So I get to her place, and she's outside waiting for me. 11:30 at night, and she hops in my car and looks at me with that awesome, warm smile of hers and has nothing but good things to say about my looks, and my hair, and how well my makeup is. I explained a few things to her, she asked a few questions. She made me feel so good about myself and had not one bad word, not one look of disappointment, not one bad thing at all. I didn't know what to expect for sure, but I'm still smiling because of how glad I am to have her as friend. She's already making plans to take me shopping at some great thrift stores she frequents!
    Anyway...didn't mean to bore you, but I had to tell you all how wonderful it feels to have finally told someone and to have finally shown someone! I know my secret is safe with her so I'm not worried, but it is so nice to have finally told her. I've known her since we went to school together and she never had a clue that I cd'd.

Suzanne

Well, that is awesome for you and I know you are on cloud 9. What a relief to have come out to someone. Great story and looking forward to many more in the future.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

I'm sorry that your having a bad time of things. But what a good feeling it must of been. You took a chance and it payed off. I'm very happy for you.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Suzanne,

That was a wonderful story. You must feel great telling someone about you and they accepting you. She sounds like a very special friend, hang on tight to her.

Marianne

Miriam
    Suzanne,

It's great that you got the courage to share and, even more importantly, found someone with whom you can share such an intimate part of your life. I'm very happy for you.

By the way: Great name, same as my favorite sister.

Miriam

Not boring at all Suzanne, great story and a joy to read, real true friends can be hard to find but you have got one. I'm very happy for you Thanks for sharing.

Your story is great. It is nice reading such a happy story, written in such warmth. Makes me glad.
    Such a great friend! Such courage!

Congratulations! It's nice when we have other people to share our secret with. I told my wife a couple months ago, and I told her it would be okay to tell her best friend. I can't think of any of my own personal friends that I could tell without consequence. We ended up going to my wife's friends house last night and we all painted each other's nails. It was a blast!

Hey girl! Beautiful story! Just the kind I needed to go night night! Thank you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: